WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Men in Lycra - the Wrestling thread

Board index Other Forums Other Sports Men in Lycra - the Wrestling thread

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
Re: Men in Lycra - the Wrestling thread
Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm
Posted by roofaldo2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 173
Rep Position: 145th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

HHH wanted to bring Sting in the other year to face Taker but Sting didn't want to do the number of days WWE wanted and stayed at TNA because it's an easier schedule.

However, he'd probably face the same stuff that a lot of other top WCW guys had when brought into WWE. A lot of guys unhappy that this guy has come in and taken their spot, question marks over his ability to adapt to the WWE style of wrestling. Will he be willing to sell for other guys? Is he, not to put to fine a point on it, past it?

Sting 10 years ago would have been worth the money. But these days? I doubt WWE would be looking to make him rich.

Also, HHH has had a buzz cut to better suit his new corporate image. Seems a bit odd really, cos they could have done angle with him and someone like Ziggler. Hair vs Hair match. A clean win over HHH would cement the guy going forward.
It's just getting HHH to agree to put his shoulders on the mat.
Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am
Posted by TaxingChimp on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am
TaxingChimp Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I think Sting could be used in a similar way that they've used Lesnar, but with more frequent appearances. He's a huge name in wrestling and I think he could definitely draw as an "event" style wrestler, even if he isn't what he used to be. He has said his dream match would be with the Undertaker, so hopefully everybody gets their heads together and makes it happen!

Agree about the idea of a Ziggler vs HHH feud if Ziggler won. But as we've seen, HHH wont lie down for the up & comers, even for the good of the company! He'd just end up completely burying Ziggler. Hopefully they give Ziggler a win over Cena at a PPV. That'd rocket him up the roster.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 pm
Posted by richardviking on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 pm
richardviking Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 294th / 77,892

roofaldo2 wrote:

Also, HHH has had a buzz cut to better suit his new corporate image. Seems a bit odd really, cos they could have done angle with him and someone like Ziggler. Hair vs Hair match. A clean win over HHH would cement the guy going forward.
It's just getting HHH to agree to put his shoulders on the mat.

HHH has jobbed out in his last few matches. And before that, I think he got a win over Punk, but it wasn't clean IIRC?

Could it be that HHH actually is doing what "is good for business" these days?

EDIT - maybe the phrase jobbing doesn't really apply to Taker and Lesnar, but you know what I mean. He put them over.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 pm
Posted by roofaldo2 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 pm
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

richardviking wrote:
HHH has jobbed out in his last few matches. And before that, I think he got a win over Punk, but it wasn't clean IIRC?

Could it be that HHH actually is doing what "is good for business" these days?

EDIT - maybe the phrase jobbing doesn't really apply to Taker and Lesnar, but you know what I mean. He put them over.

Yeah, but they are both established names. Can you see him doing the same thing with a guy like Ziggler or Del Rio? Guys who would really benefit beating a guy like HHH clean
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 pm
Posted by TaxingChimp on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

roofaldo2 wrote:
Yeah, but they are both established names. Can you see him doing the same thing with a guy like Ziggler or Del Rio? Guys who would really benefit beating a guy like HHH clean

I think a fairly clean win over HHH would be great for Ziggler. However sadly I think Ziggler is as likely to get a clean victory over Andre the Giant sadly...

On a somewhat related term, rumour has it they want Ryback to face Big Show at Wrestlemania, pick him up and march him round the ring for a big "Wrestlemania moment"
Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 am
Posted by CM Punk on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 am
CM Punk User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 116
Rep Position: 187th / 77,892

Kenneth Cameron could be getting released from WWE for hitting a police officer in Florida. Particularly gutting for 2 reasons:

1] He's also from Chesterfield, they don't even try and claim it as Sheffield in WWE
2] The Ascension would have been Tag Team champs within 3 months of them going to the main roster, they're just awesome.
Wigan RLFC
Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm
Posted by richardviking on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm
richardviking Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 294th / 77,892

What / who are The Shield?

Lost interest lately and haven't been watching. Will probably pick it back up pre-Rumble.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 pm
Posted by roofaldo2 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 pm
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

richardviking wrote:
What / who are The Shield?

Lost interest lately and haven't been watching. Will probably pick it back up pre-Rumble.

It's the latest in a long line of rookie groups, with the difference that these guys aren't completely green as grass and so far haven't been put on career destroying losing streaks.

On the other end of the career path, Ric Flair doesn't look like he's going to be retiring any time some as he owes best part of 1/4 million dollars in taxes.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Posted by citywolf on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 pm
citywolf User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 298th / 77,892

CM Punk is now out of TLC after undergoing surgery.

The main event has now been changed to Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan V's The Shield.

I really hope WWE doesn't do what I think they will do and have The Shield lose. A loss now will kill any momentum. They new to look strong as a unit.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm
Posted by TaxingChimp on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

citywolf wrote:
CM Punk is now out of TLC after undergoing surgery.

The main event has now been changed to Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan V's The Shield.

I really hope WWE doesn't do what I think they will do and have The Shield lose. A loss now will kill any momentum. They new to look strong as a unit.

You'd think they couldn't screw it up, but well, The Nexus!

Hopefully they score a pretty good win and surprise everyone. They've already buggered up Rybacks build up quite badly but at least they can hopefully they can get The Shield right.

Also I know Smackdown is the B-show but you'd think Sheamus vs Show would just be upgraded to main event status.
PreviousNext