WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XII * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors * * * Rumours & Signings XII * * *

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm  

GingerWiganer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Home Of Pie Peys And Gravey!
wigan_knight wrote:
No mate

Was told its a forward from dewbury.


These are all the props at Dewsbury

Adam Robinson
Keegan Hirst
Jake Hilson
Chris Green
James Walker

Any of them ring a bell?
Wigan RL Making History Since 1872:
19 Championships,
19 Challenge Cups
3 World Club Challenges

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14454
inside_man wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25643217-5018866,00.html

Mason not coming over then, not that i though he ever would. Japanese RU though?


What a criminal waste that would be.

Not trying to generate 'that old debate' again, but can't the world's RL authorities come to some kind of agreement about discounting the salary cap in the face of offers from Rugby Union?

We did very well out of Union players in the past, but there were many more of them than us, and very few of them had been trained or conditioned to the level that ours have now. It seems to me that League clubs are doing all the detailed and expensive preparation work so that a totally different sport can benefit.

Am I naive to think like this? I don't know. But I'm certain fed up.
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm  

jinkin jimmy wrote:
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3787
Cruncher wrote:
What a criminal waste that would be.

Not trying to generate 'that old debate' again, but can't the world's RL authorities come to some kind of agreement about discounting the salary cap in the face of offers from Rugby Union?

We did very well out of Union players in the past, but there were many more of them than us, and very few of them had been trained or conditioned to the level that ours have now. It seems to me that League clubs are doing all the detailed and expensive preparation work so that a totally different sport can benefit.

Am I naive to think like this? I don't know. But I'm certain fed up.


I can just sense the predominantly Merseyside based "level playing field" merchants cracking their knuckles.....
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm  

User avatarcadoo wrote:
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13840
We are going to miss out on Richie Myler. Wire have offered Salford 100K which they are on the verge of accepting as they can't afford the wages being offered to him and would rather cash in now than let him go for free next year.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm  

User avatarBovrick wrote:
Bovrick User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 1419
cadoo wrote:
We are going to miss out on Richie Myler. Wire have offered Salford 100K which they are on the verge of accepting as they can't afford the wages being offered to him and would rather cash in now than let him go for free next year.


100k? Now why does that sound familiar?
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14454
jinkin jimmy wrote:
I can just sense the predominantly Merseyside based "level playing field" merchants cracking their knuckles.....


They're welcome to, but they'll get no response from me. I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing guys that could be lighting up RL pitches all over the world taking their expensively developed talents into a completely different sport.
Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm  

Boris wrote:
Boris Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: Red Square Moscow
Cruncher wrote:
They're welcome to, but they'll get no response from me. I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing guys that could be lighting up RL pitches all over the world taking their expensively developed talents into a completely different sport.


Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.
Founder member of the "Bring back Monie" club.
Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:22 pm  

jinkin jimmy wrote:
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3787
Boris wrote:
Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.


But would be the best forward in our comp even now.
Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm  

Boris wrote:
Boris Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: Red Square Moscow
jinkin jimmy wrote:
But would be the best forward in our comp even now.


With that dodgy knee, poor attitude and lack of work ethic?
Founder member of the "Bring back Monie" club.
Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm  

User avatarBill_Barlow wrote:
Bill_Barlow User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 4131
Location: Wigan
Boris wrote:
Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.


Different position and different role.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 119 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,053,34676078,1424,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts