WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XII * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com * * * Rumours & Signings XII * * *

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm
Posted by GingerWiganer on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm
GingerWiganer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 290th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Home Of Pie Peys And Gravey!
wigan_knight wrote:
No mate

Was told its a forward from dewbury.


These are all the props at Dewsbury

Adam Robinson
Keegan Hirst
Jake Hilson
Chris Green
James Walker

Any of them ring a bell?
Wigan RL Making History Since 1872:
19 Championships,
19 Challenge Cups
3 World Club Challenges

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 294
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14275
inside_man wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25643217-5018866,00.html

Mason not coming over then, not that i though he ever would. Japanese RU though?


What a criminal waste that would be.

Not trying to generate 'that old debate' again, but can't the world's RL authorities come to some kind of agreement about discounting the salary cap in the face of offers from Rugby Union?

We did very well out of Union players in the past, but there were many more of them than us, and very few of them had been trained or conditioned to the level that ours have now. It seems to me that League clubs are doing all the detailed and expensive preparation work so that a totally different sport can benefit.

Am I naive to think like this? I don't know. But I'm certain fed up.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 112
Rep Position: 184th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3748
Cruncher wrote:
What a criminal waste that would be.

Not trying to generate 'that old debate' again, but can't the world's RL authorities come to some kind of agreement about discounting the salary cap in the face of offers from Rugby Union?

We did very well out of Union players in the past, but there were many more of them than us, and very few of them had been trained or conditioned to the level that ours have now. It seems to me that League clubs are doing all the detailed and expensive preparation work so that a totally different sport can benefit.

Am I naive to think like this? I don't know. But I'm certain fed up.


I can just sense the predominantly Merseyside based "level playing field" merchants cracking their knuckles.....
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm
Posted by cadoo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 237th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13795
We are going to miss out on Richie Myler. Wire have offered Salford 100K which they are on the verge of accepting as they can't afford the wages being offered to him and would rather cash in now than let him go for free next year.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm
Posted by Bovrick on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm
Bovrick User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 14
Rep Position: 279th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 1419
cadoo wrote:
We are going to miss out on Richie Myler. Wire have offered Salford 100K which they are on the verge of accepting as they can't afford the wages being offered to him and would rather cash in now than let him go for free next year.


100k? Now why does that sound familiar?
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 294
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14275
jinkin jimmy wrote:
I can just sense the predominantly Merseyside based "level playing field" merchants cracking their knuckles.....


They're welcome to, but they'll get no response from me. I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing guys that could be lighting up RL pitches all over the world taking their expensively developed talents into a completely different sport.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm
Posted by Boris on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm
Boris Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 280th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: Red Square Moscow
Cruncher wrote:
They're welcome to, but they'll get no response from me. I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing guys that could be lighting up RL pitches all over the world taking their expensively developed talents into a completely different sport.


Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.
Founder member of the "Bring back Monie" club.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:22 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:22 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 112
Rep Position: 184th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3748
Boris wrote:
Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.


But would be the best forward in our comp even now.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm
Posted by Boris on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm
Boris Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 280th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: Red Square Moscow
jinkin jimmy wrote:
But would be the best forward in our comp even now.


With that dodgy knee, poor attitude and lack of work ethic?
Founder member of the "Bring back Monie" club.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm
Posted by Bill_Barlow on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm
Bill_Barlow User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 280th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 4131
Location: Wigan
Boris wrote:
Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.


Different position and different role.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Azul, Bing [Bot], CM Punk, CobraCraig, endoman, exiled Warrior, FearTheVee, hatty, jaws1, KingRoss11, Phuzzy, post, The Whiffy Kipper, thepimp007, Trainman, tugglesf78, verbatim, wigginswarrior and 129 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


REST IN PEACE
ARCHIE BRUCE

RFL STATEMENT
--DONATE TO FUND--
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,941,4701,78677,7934,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 22nd Aug 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
CANTERBURY
Fri 23rd Aug 09:00
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
PENRITH
Fri 23rd Aug 10:55
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SOUTHS
Fri 23rd Aug 19:00
 CH1
LONDON SKOLARS
v
HUNSLET
Sat 24th Aug 06:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sat 24th Aug 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
NEWCASTLE
Sat 24th Aug 10:35
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sat 24th Aug 15:00
CC2019
ST.HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 24th Aug 17:30
1895
SHEFFIELD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 25th Aug 05:00
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
GOLD COAST
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)