FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - good luck - the Wakefield-in-the-play-offs thread
: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:32 pm  
The BBC sub-headline says "Catalans Dragons hold off a second-half Wakefield fightback for a surprise 25-16 victory". For how much longer will wins be termed 'surprise'? Perhaps we should just forget about winning games to appease lazy sub-editors.
: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:34 pm  
John_D wrote:
The BBC sub-headline says "Catalans Dragons hold off a second-half Wakefield fightback for a surprise 25-16 victory". For how much longer will wins be termed 'surprise'? Perhaps we should just forget about winning games to appease lazy sub-editors.


We used to get that all time, not so much now but it used to p!ss me right off
: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:23 pm  
is there any update on remi casti's horrific gunshot wound???

i was stood close to the grassy knoll and saw no sniper!


to quote bill hicks
back and to the left
back and to the left

god it was the guys stood on the house!!!
: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:16 pm  
On the SLS Iestyn Harris thought that it was worth pointing out that we have a big Australian contingent. Is 6 alot?
: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:41 pm  
belgianxiii wrote:
On the SLS Iestyn Harris thought that it was worth pointing out that we have a big Australian contingent. Is 6 alot?


I'd call it overseas, compare it to other play-off teams
Leeds (5) - Webb, Donald, Leuluai, Buderus, Lauitiiti
Hull KR (9) - Webster, Dobson, Newton, Galea, Gene, Fitzhenry, Fisher(?), Vella, Aizue
Huddersfield (5) - Hodgson, Fulton, Whatuira, Faiumu, Lolesi
St Helens (6) - Gidley, Meli, Puletua, Flannery, Fa'asavalu, Cayless
Castleford (7) - Evans, Chase, Sherwin, Seargant, McGoldrick, Faumuima, Widders
Wigan (9) - Roberts, Carmont, Richards, Smith, Leuluai, Riddell, Palleasina, Bailey, Phelps,
Wakefield (10) - Obst, Stosic, Henderson, Winterstein, Blanch, LeoLatu, Korkidas, Martin, Demitriou, Drew

I'd best do Catalans (9) - Greenshields, Bell, Mogg, Perry, McGuire, Croker, Carlaw, Ryles, Bird

So perhaps above the average (7.5), but nothing to be embarrassed about though IMO!
: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 pm  
belgianxiii wrote:
On the SLS Iestyn Harris thought that it was worth pointing out that we have a big Australian contingent. Is 6 alot?


I wouldn't get too upset about anything Iestyn says.
We've got six at Wigan, although Smith is already back in Australia and there are question marks over Bailey.
Richards plays for Ireland but I'm pretty sure he still has his Australian passport.
I wonder if he'll still count Mogg, Greenshields and McGuire should Bobbie pick them for the Four Nations.
: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:55 am  
Catalancs wrote:
I wouldn't get too upset about anything Iestyn says.
We've got six at Wigan, although Smith is already back in Australia and there are question marks over Bailey.
Richards plays for Ireland but I'm pretty sure he still has his Australian passport.
I wonder if he'll still count Mogg, Greenshields and McGuire should Bobbie pick them for the Four Nations.


Wigan have 9, i stated them in the post above. whether or not someone is in aus, i included perry and croker in the Dragons list
: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:23 am  
Cala Millor Rhino wrote:
Wigan have 9, i stated them in the post above. whether or not someone is in aus, i included perry and croker in the Dragons list


We don't have 9 Australians. We have 6 and that's including Tim Smith back in Australia.
: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:09 am  
Cala Millor Rhino wrote:
Wigan have 9, i stated them in the post above. whether or not someone is in aus, i included perry and croker in the Dragons list

Okay Cala, that's how you're counting. As Iestyn was commenting about the squad on the pitch I was talking about the squad on the pitch. Where we had 6 etrangers in our 17 man squad.
: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:14 am  
belgianxiii wrote:
Okay Cala, that's how you're counting. As Iestyn was commenting about the squad on the pitch I was talking about the squad on the pitch. Where we had 6 etrangers in our 17 man squad.


In that case we had four Australians. Phelps, Roberts, Richards and Riddell on the bench
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Catalans Dragons