RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Where have all the contributors gone.
Where have all the contributors gone. Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:54 pm  
Where have all the contributors gone.
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:54 pm  

Just hoping wrote:
Just hoping Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:51 pm
Posts: 50
Member for 2 years
Noticed this season there seems a lack of people contributing to theses pages.
Is it because there is lack of interest what's happening at Rovers? or are people a bit disappointed at this season with all that's happened? are supporters feared another season of being dragged into another religation fight.
Hopefully we're avoid that situation, whilst play offs may pass us by this season let's get behind the team and maybe who knows what might happen and sneak thru.
What a turn up if Wire came bottom!!!
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:24 pm  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:24 pm  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 979
Member for 5 years
Just hoping wrote:
Noticed this season there seems a lack of people contributing to theses pages.
Is it because there is lack of interest what's happening at Rovers? or are people a bit disappointed at this season with all that's happened? are supporters feared another season of being dragged into another religation fight.
Hopefully we're avoid that situation, whilst play offs may pass us by this season let's get behind the team and maybe who knows what might happen and sneak thru.
What a turn up if Wire came bottom!!!

Has you said I do not think we will be in a reliigation fight thank god
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:14 am  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:14 am  
Old Timer No 4 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 286
Member for 6 years
Don't know if I should put this, but there is another Rovers forum that is very active and busy with comments from Rovers fans every day. I tend to go on there now, but do still look on here, but it is very quiet as you say. This is probably why.
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:30 pm  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:30 pm  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 979
Member for 5 years
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
Don't know if I should put this, but there is another Rovers forum that is very active and busy with comments from Rovers fans every day. I tend to go on there now, but do still look on here, but it is very quiet as you say. This is probably why.

Which rovers forum are you on about
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:33 pm  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:33 pm  

User avatarMild Rover wrote:
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 12285
Location: Leicestershire.
Member for 15 years
I think we just dropped below the critical mass required to keep a forum active, with enough posts to make checking back regularly worthwhile and to elicit reactions.

I suspect that the rise of other platforms (e.g. twitter) has probably been more impactful than disappointment with this season specifically. However, the long period when we had nothing to jab back at Hull fans with likely didn’t help. It was always an open question for me whether trolls sparked debate or drove people away… depends on the troll, I suppose.

The Hull forum has lost some high profile posters over the years, but they still have enough to keep ticking over.

HullKRfans is a closed forum (i.e. not for fans of other clubs) so has a different vibe to what we had here. It does still have a vibe though!
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:12 pm  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:12 pm  
Old Timer No 4 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 286
Member for 6 years
Would be a real shame if this forum was not available, but the point about trolls is valid. Some are funny some are just downright annoying and ridiculous which I think has hacked some people off. Think it's good to have more than one "sounding board", but sometimes things just evolve. We are not the only club to see a lack of activity on the RL Fans forums, where fans use other options. I must admit I used to look nearly every day on here and was disappointed with the lack of debate/discussion, and was pleased to find lots and lots of Robins supporters discussing and making comments on matters relating to our team on an alternative site. Hope this one is still available, but of course that is dependent on contributors.
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:17 am  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:17 am  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 979
Member for 5 years
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
Would be a real shame if this forum was not available, but the point about trolls is valid. Some are funny some are just downright annoying and ridiculous which I think has hacked some people off. Think it's good to have more than one "sounding board", but sometimes things just evolve. We are not the only club to see a lack of activity on the RL Fans forums, where fans use other options. I must admit I used to look nearly every day on here and was disappointed with the lack of debate/discussion, and was pleased to find lots and lots of Robins supporters discussing and making comments on matters relating to our team on an alternative site. Hope this one is still available, but of course that is dependent on contributors.

Well said but I have been wondering if our team will ever play a game we’re we do not get any one injured another 2 last night
Re: Where have all the contributors gone. Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:58 pm  
Re: Where have all the contributors gone.
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:58 pm  

Funland Robot User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 7:43 pm
Posts: 12
Member for L 0 years
Mild Rover wrote:
I think we just dropped below the critical mass required to keep a forum active, with enough posts to make checking back regularly worthwhile and to elicit reactions.

I suspect that the rise of other platforms (e.g. twitter) has probably been more impactful than disappointment with this season specifically. However, the long period when we had nothing to jab back at Hull fans with likely didn’t help. It was always an open question for me whether trolls sparked debate or drove people away… depends on the troll, I suppose.

The Hull forum has lost some high profile posters over the years, but they still have enough to keep ticking over.

HullKRfans is a closed forum (i.e. not for fans of other clubs) so has a different vibe to what we had here. It does still have a vibe though!


My experience of HullKRfans is that it's 50 prolific posters in a self-congratulatory echo chamber plus RoversTrace and Dave M. Their active readership must be a fraction of rlfans.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mild Rover and 70 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull KR


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
6s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15052
39s
The times they are a changing
UllFC
18
51s
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
31991
4m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
apollosghost
603
10m
2022 RL World Cup
Jrrhino
28
11m
Corey Hallsigns till 2024
Mr Bliss
27
13m
Smith for England
MadDogg
24
17m
IMG Recommendations for British RL
ArthurClues
26
17m
2023 IN Lower League signings
cheekydiddle
13
18m
Rumours and signings v9
NSW
24358
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
21s
Signing to be announced Wednesday
Pie_Eyter
9
25s
The times they are a changing
UllFC
18
32s
Transfer talk
Bulls4
361
34s
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
31991
43s
IMG Are Seeking Your Views
Wires71
41
47s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Hopie
1613
55s
2022 RL World Cup
Jrrhino
28
57s
New Category A clubs
Dunkirk Spir
37
58s
IMG Podcast
TheWarringto
61
1m
How long in 2023 does Powell have
Fantastic Mr
185
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Oh no its Kendall
CHEADLE LEYT
1
TODAY
Touch rugby
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
NO RELEGATION
MattyB
14
TODAY
Rugby League in good hands
Egg Chasing
3
TODAY
The times they are a changing
UllFC
18
TODAY
The way ahead
jbuzza
13
TODAY
IMG proposal
Bullseye
12
TODAY
Sportsmans Dinner 14th Oct Guest Speaker Lee Briers
Jukesays
1
TODAY
New Category A clubs
Dunkirk Spir
37
TODAY
Back to licensing
terry silver
8
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million +31,817 ↓-1479,2499,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29
09:30
Penrith-Parramatta
L1 RND: 26
14:00
Swinton-Doncaster
CH RND: 30
18:30
Leigh-Batley
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sun 25th Sep
L1 RND: 25 Doncaster52-20Rochdale
CH RND: 29 Leigh70-10York
CH RND: 29 Featherstone28-32Batley
Sat 24th Sep
NRL RND: 28 Penrith32-12Souths
SL RND: 30 Leeds12-24St.Helens
Fri 23rd Sep
NRL RND: 28 NQL Cowboys20-24Parramatta
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
6s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15052
39s
The times they are a changing
UllFC
18
51s
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
31991
4m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
apollosghost
603
10m
2022 RL World Cup
Jrrhino
28
11m
Corey Hallsigns till 2024
Mr Bliss
27
13m
Smith for England
MadDogg
24
17m
IMG Recommendations for British RL
ArthurClues
26
17m
2023 IN Lower League signings
cheekydiddle
13
18m
Rumours and signings v9
NSW
24358
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
21s
Signing to be announced Wednesday
Pie_Eyter
9
25s
The times they are a changing
UllFC
18
32s
Transfer talk
Bulls4
361
34s
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
31991
43s
IMG Are Seeking Your Views
Wires71
41
47s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Hopie
1613
55s
2022 RL World Cup
Jrrhino
28
57s
New Category A clubs
Dunkirk Spir
37
58s
IMG Podcast
TheWarringto
61
1m
How long in 2023 does Powell have
Fantastic Mr
185
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Oh no its Kendall
CHEADLE LEYT
1
TODAY
Touch rugby
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
NO RELEGATION
MattyB
14
TODAY
Rugby League in good hands
Egg Chasing
3
TODAY
The times they are a changing
UllFC
18
TODAY
The way ahead
jbuzza
13
TODAY
IMG proposal
Bullseye
12
TODAY
Sportsmans Dinner 14th Oct Guest Speaker Lee Briers
Jukesays
1
TODAY
New Category A clubs
Dunkirk Spir
37
TODAY
Back to licensing
terry silver
8
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!