WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Reserves v Hull FC

Board index Super League Hull KR Reserves v Hull FC

Reserves v Hull FC Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:05 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

RBA has mentioned on the FC forum the game may be cancelled, no reason to doubt him but can anyone confirm, nothing on the FC website...
Re: Reserves v Hull FC Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:10 pm  

R.B.A wrote:
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

The under 18s players have been told that they are now the only game (scholarship are small sided matches) and will kick off at 1pm at Craven Park. The HDM are reporting that a venue isn't decided yet so I guess costs could see it moved to an amateur/union or school ground.
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.
Re: Reserves v Hull FC Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

R.B.A wrote:
The under 18s players have been told that they are now the only game (scholarship are small sided matches) and will kick off at 1pm at Craven Park. The HDM are reporting that a venue isn't decided yet so I guess costs could see it moved to an amateur/union or school ground.

Makes no sense using CP for the game, as you say, would cost too much.
Re: Reserves v Hull FC Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:37 pm  

R.B.A wrote:
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

I think that it makes perfect sense to use Craven Park.

For most of these players it is their first game as a professional rugby league player and definitely their first time in a Hull/Rovers shirt (other than the 3 Hull lads who played 1st team). It is also their first taste of a Derby.

I think that they deserve to play at a venue that recognises their achievements so far. Playing it at Wests, Skirlaugh, Hullensions, Rovers back pitch, Bishop Burton wouldn't do the lads justice in my opinion. Brantingham would be fine.

If both clubs advertise the game properly on their websites and Twitter feeds plus they get the info out to all of the junior clubs in the area then I still think we could get a decent crowd and Rovers more than cover their costs.
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.
Re: Reserves v Hull FC Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:40 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

R.B.A wrote:
I think that it makes perfect sense to use Craven Park.

For most of these players it is their first game as a professional rugby league player and definitely their first time in a Hull/Rovers shirt (other than the 3 Hull lads who played 1st team). It is also their first taste of a Derby.

I think that they deserve to play at a venue that recognises their achievements so far. Playing it at Wests, Skirlaugh, Hullensions, Rovers back pitch, Bishop Burton wouldn't do the lads justice in my opinion. Brantingham would be fine.

If both clubs advertise the game properly on their websites and Twitter feeds plus they get the info out to all of the junior clubs in the area then I still think we could get a decent crowd and Rovers more than cover their costs.

For a double header, I would agree, not for one game. Depends what it would cost I guess.