WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Craven Park

Board index Super League Hull KR Craven Park

Craven Park Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:09 pm  

User avatardes lawson wrote:
des lawson User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Good news, it seems we are at an advanced stage to buying craven park and the surrounding land and have multi million pound plans for its development.After our narrow escape this season,things are looking good,top owner,top coach,best fans we just need to do it on the pitch and learn from this season. :thumb:
Re: Craven Park Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:04 pm  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

des lawson wrote:
Good news, it seems we are at an advanced stage to buying craven park and the surrounding land and have multi million pound plans for its development.After our narrow escape this season,things are looking good,top owner,top coach,best fans we just need to do it on the pitch and learn from this season. :thumb:

Hope upon hope this comes of it will be good for all concerned
Re: Craven Park Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 am  

User avatarPunos wrote:
Punos User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Didn't sound like you have multu million pounds plans reading Hudge's interview in the HDM which I thought was a very honest interview. Really good job you didnt get relegated or things might have been very bad.

As always with Hudge, he is thw owner but a fan first.
Re: Craven Park Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 am  

Aldy wrote:
Aldy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Someday wrote:
Hope upon hope this comes of it will be good for all concerned

It sounds as though there is some cash available
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... rk-3356850
Re: Craven Park Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:49 am  

User avatarMild Rover wrote:
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Interesting times. Negotiations at a delicate stage, so fingers crossed.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Craven Park Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 pm  

User avatarHis Bobness wrote:
His Bobness User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not quite sure what the benefits of buying CP are the club already own the leasehold which gives them 100% of income from the stadium.

I'm sure Hudge knows what he is doing though.
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.
Re: Craven Park Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm  

Seventies red Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

His Bobness wrote:
Not quite sure what the benefits of buying CP are the club already own the leasehold which gives them 100% of income from the stadium.

I'm sure Hudge knows what he is doing though.

I believe it is still owned by the company that Don Robinson was the director of, which then leases it to the council, which then in turn lease it to Rovers. I'm sure I remember Neil Hudgell saying recently that a significant saving could be made from owning the ground outright instead of simply having a lease.
Re: Craven Park Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:37 pm  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Seventies red wrote:
I believe it is still owned by the company that Don Robinson was the director of, which then leases it to the council, which then in turn lease it to Rovers. I'm sure I remember Neil Hudgell saying recently that a significant saving could be made from owning the ground outright instead of simply having a lease.

Pluse if we ever went tits up( hope not ) good collateral
Re: Craven Park Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 pm  

User avatarphil webbo wrote:
phil webbo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Council own all the land and buildings, KCD Dominic Gibbons, Keith Brown, Andrew Robinson (all directors) own a long term lease, leased by HCC, and rent the ground to Hull KR, for Hull KR to purchase the freehold HCC have to buy back the lease from KCD, Hull KR have then offered market value for the freehold but for this to happen all party’s must reach agreement, which is very close to being done.
Barton Flyer wrote:texted my son to say light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunately it was a train coming! Re:- Rovers v Salford 29/03/09

HFC Boy wrote:Hull FC have not risen to the Challenge of Hull KR .

Success consists of getting up just one more time than you've fallen down.
Re: Craven Park Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:51 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Once he owns the ground Hudgell will borrow against it to develop the land for commercial/community use. Owning such an asset may even unlock external investment, Hudgell can't bankroll KR forever, just like AP can't at FC either. Hudgell needs to move quickly (before May next year) or he may lose the support of the council if it goes to NOC or Lib Dem.
Next