WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SKD Confirmed

Board index Super League Hull KR SKD Confirmed

SKD Confirmed
Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:02 pm
Posted by Old Timer No 4 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:02 pm
Old Timer No 4 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 48
Rep Position: 262nd / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 203
Got to be happy with that.
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 pm
Posted by Keiththered on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 pm
Keiththered Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 157
Rep Position: 162nd / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 1053
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
Got to be happy with that.


Yes. Excellent finisher and will also improve our kick returns.
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
Posted by roopy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 280th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1919
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
Skidsy has been remarkably good for Newcastle.
Came to the club as a pretty old guy with a cloud over him due to some indiscretion (can't remember what it was now), and I thought he'd be an old guy just putting in time till he retired, but for his whole time at the club he has been one of the top 4 or 5 players every game and almost never misses a game.
If it wasn't for his age I think he'd have offers from several NRL clubs. In fact, Newcastle would have kept him if he wasn't 32.
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:45 pm
Posted by Someday on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:45 pm
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 220
Rep Position: 120th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 673
roopy wrote:
Skidsy has been remarkably good for Newcastle.
Came to the club as a pretty old guy with a cloud over him due to some indiscretion (can't remember what it was now), and I thought he'd be an old guy just putting in time till he retired, but for his whole time at the club he has been one of the top 4 or 5 players every game and almost never misses a game.
If it wasn't for his age I think he'd have offers from several NRL clubs. In fact, Newcastle would have kept him if he wasn't 32.

After reading about him and what he has done if not for is age he could turn out to be has good has Garry proym I hope
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 pm
Posted by redandy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 pm
redandy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 288th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 pm
Posts: 136
Someday wrote:
After reading about him and what he has done if not for is age he could turn out to be has good has Garry proym I hope
that would take some prohm n mike smith best centres rovers ever had
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 am
Posted by Someday on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 am
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 220
Rep Position: 120th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 673
redandy wrote:
that would take some prohm n mike smith best centres rovers ever had

Yes you are dead right did prohm not score 43 try’s one season for his if my memory is right
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:46 am
Posted by roopy on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:46 am
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 280th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1919
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:41 am
Posted by Someday on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:41 am
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 220
Rep Position: 120th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 673
roopy wrote:
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/09/20/skds-lovely-farewell-message/

He seems like a very nice person hope he does well for us in the 2 yrs he plays for us
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:25 am
Posted by roopy on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:25 am
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 280th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1919
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
Someday wrote:
He seems like a very nice person hope he does well for us in the 2 yrs he plays for us
He has an odd story about how he got into the NRL.
Apparently he convinced his father he wanted to make it in RL at age 15, and the two of them bought a 1 way ticket from NZ to Sydney with no contract and no contacts, and lived in a backpacker hostel in Bondi till he earned a contract with the Roosters.
He says the two of them landed at Sydney airport and looked at a notice board full of backpacker hostels and picked the one that had a free bus ride, which happened to be Bondi in the middle of Roosters territory.
Re: SKD Confirmed
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:24 pm
Posted by des lawson on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:24 pm
des lawson User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 152
Rep Position: 166th / 77,898

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:07 pm
Posts: 488
roopy wrote:
He has an odd story about how he got into the NRL.
Apparently he convinced his father he wanted to make it in RL at age 15, and the two of them bought a 1 way ticket from NZ to Sydney with no contract and no contacts, and lived in a backpacker hostel in Bondi till he earned a contract with the Roosters.
He says the two of them landed at Sydney airport and looked at a notice board full of backpacker hostels and picked the one that had a free bus ride, which happened to be Bondi in the middle of Roosters territory.


Thanks roopy,informative as always,if you hear any rumblings keep us posted please mate.Cheers. :thumb:
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gerry Mander, No7.David.Bishop, Old Timer No 4, rover 2000, Seventies red and 93 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,983,6231,73677,8984,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Fri 14th Feb 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 27th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 15th Mar 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
TORONTO
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL KR
Fri 10th Apr 12:30
SL
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
Thu 23rd Apr 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL KR
Thu 30th Apr 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Sun 31st May 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
Sat 20th Jun 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





59