Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 am
Posted by hull2524 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 am
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 188
Rep Position: 100th / 77,685

Quiz Score: 0

Imo you get idiots both sides. Overall most fans are great. Never saw any trouble yesterday. Derbies are great when you win. S.ite when you lose. Am hoping this story about the young lad is not true
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: Derby Week
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:56 am
Posted by craig hkr on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:56 am
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 287
Rep Position: 62nd / 77,685

old frightful wrote:
Absolutely, every club has it's morons but this story seems too awful to contemplate. Let's hope that, for the sake of the alleged victim and family and also the reputation of RL fans everywhere, that it's not true.

Onto the game and I thought that, even early doors, if Hull cut out their mistakes then your team would be on the end of a bit of a hiding. Garbutt is a terrific, honest player, and you could do with plenty more like him. Weller Hauraki is a player I kept my eye on during the game as he has a fantastic physique for playing RL. Sadly, he doesn't seem to have the heart to match it. If Maguire still had that zip then we may have been in trouble on a few occasions but I guess if he had then he'd still be at Leeds. I think Atkin would also have caused us problems, why is he apparently out of favour? Lunt really annoys me so I guess that must mean he's a good larker, and I didn't even notice Joel Tomkins was playing, not great from a player who should be right up there setting an example being your captain.

A decent hit up v Wire on Monday, then you should still have confidence of not being dragged into a bottom 2 dogfight. If you roll over it could be very difficult.

Can't argue with that although Hauraki has been decent for most part up until Friday? Atkin is along with Quinlan our best attacker but doesn't get a game?
Garbutt Hall Crooks Lawler Linnett turned up the other 12 need to have a hard look at themselves. Attitude is so big in RL and our team seem lazy as a group at present
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:17 am
Posted by Mild Rover on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:17 am
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 276
Rep Position: 66th / 77,685

craig hkr wrote:
Can't argue with that although Hauraki has been decent for most part up until Friday? Atkin is along with Quinlan our best attacker but doesn't get a game?
Garbutt Hall Crooks Lawler Linnett turned up the other 12 need to have a hard look at themselves. Attitude is so big in RL and our team seem lazy as a group at present

Atkin is a decent player, and I think there is a case for playing him more - but now is probably a good time for his reputation to be out of the team. It makes him whatever the opposite of a scapegoat is. We have problems, he isn’t playing so there’s a tendency to assume he offers a solution - at least a partial one. Unfortunately, I think the halfback debate is down the list of our issues. It reminds me a bit of when some people got stressed that James Green or Will Oakes were left out. It soon becomes obvious that these players are serviceable, but hardly saviours.

After promotion and survival in ‘17 and ‘18, there’s an element of ‘so what now?’ about this season, imo. I think as a club we have both an opportunity and a need to decide what we want to be now. Tbh, I think we’ve had a bit of an identity crisis these last few years, and it’s understandable that we’re still in recovery.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:16 pm
Posted by rover 2000 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:16 pm
rover 2000 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 100
Rep Position: 162nd / 77,685

i am not to downbeat after one half of rugby weve all seen what happens when lets say a few things dont go your way, and our defence has been dodgy for a few years now inc championship year ,maintain your superleague status and build i think we have a far better team than last year but still way short ,4 or 5 players short of being comfortable in superleague, barring saints who will have a dodgy period at some time this league is all over the place and with a few key players to come back will pick up enough wins to still be in it next year, my concern would be half back and hooker getting that right,
MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:45 am
Posted by A Adler on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:45 am
A Adler Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 228th / 77,685

If there was ever a good season for rebuilding, it’s this season with London in there. I doubt they’ll win many more games. Next season could be a different story if/when Toronto come up.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 am
Posted by fun time frankie on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 am
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 49th / 77,685

A Adler wrote:
If there was ever a good season for rebuilding, it’s this season with London in there. I doubt they’ll win many more games. Next season could be a different story if/when Toronto come up.

Why do you always post in the early hours what you up to
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:17 am
Posted by rover 2000 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:17 am
rover 2000 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 100
Rep Position: 162nd / 77,685

A Adler wrote:
if you know of anyone who found a pound could you tell them to return it to tim sheens please :lol: :lol: :lol: :STUPID: :ASS:
MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!
Previous