WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - That London

Board index Super League Hull KR That London

That London
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 pm
Posted by REDEOD on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 pm
REDEOD Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 229th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:06 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Darn Sarf
Looking at their games so far, I think it’s fair to say that London are still a bit of an unknown entity in SL. Rivers need to be on their guard & can not afford to take them lightly otherwise there’ll be an upset.
That said, I think we have too much grunt up front, even if Tomkins doesn’t play, and believe we will win by 12.
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.
Re: That London
Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am
Posted by Someday on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 145
Rep Position: 107th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 518
REDEOD wrote:
Looking at their games so far, I think it’s fair to say that London are still a bit of an unknown entity in SL. Rivers need to be on their guard & can not afford to take them lightly otherwise there’ll be an upset.
That said, I think we have too much grunt up front, even if Tomkins doesn’t play, and believe we will win by 12.

When did we change our name to rivers LOL
Re: That London
Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 am
Posted by Mild Rover on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 am
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 254
Rep Position: 58th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10861
Location: Leicestershire.
Very important game for us, in terms of getting off on the right foot in 2019.

I’m more confident than for a while that we might win the odd game here and there against the top teams this year, but if we’re to climb the table we can’t afford to lose many of the games we’ll start as favourites.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: That London
Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am
Posted by REDEOD on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am
REDEOD Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 229th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:06 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Darn Sarf
Someday wrote:
When did we change our name to rivers LOL


Goddamn autocorrect!
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.
Re: That London
Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 am
Posted by craig hkr on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 am
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 50th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1980
Generally a lot of points scored when we play these. Bit of speed in the backs. Think I read Cunningham injured? If so that's a help as he always plays out of skin against us.Ioane at prop always catches the eye and is a handful. I like Masoe's take on the match and agree treat them with respect.i fancy us to win but it's rarely as simple as that with The Rovers.
Re: That London
Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:28 pm
Posted by Beverley red on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:28 pm
Beverley red Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 183rd / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 pm
Posts: 2371
Looking forward to the game, my first chance to see us play in the flesh. No idea as to how They will do but we will know tea time Sunday.
Re: That London
Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm
Posted by His Bobness on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm
His Bobness User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 65
Rep Position: 176th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Hibbing, Minnesota.
I wasn't quite as impressed with Rovers at Warrington as most people seem to have been.

Too many errors and missed tackles presenting easy points to Wire and a lack of cutting edge on attack. Quinlan has been missed badly and we have players like Linnett & Drinkwater still finding their feet. I also feel we are lacking genuine pace meaning we won't score many from long distance.

This is why Warrington were able to win by a good margin without playing particularly well themselves.

The spirit is there which is a good foundation and of course Mitch Garbutt has been absolutely outstanding. Good job too because Mose has been let's say 'mixed' and Mulhern yet to find his form of last season. Hauraki defending OK but not touching the ball much and crucial errors costing points in both games.

We have a good record against London and a 7/10 performance will probably be good enough. Good opportunity to get into some form before the far more difficult proposition of Salford the week after.
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.
Re: That London
Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Posted by Gallanteer on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Gallanteer User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 105
Rep Position: 138th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 1110
His Bobness wrote:
I wasn't quite as impressed with Rovers at Warrington as most people seem to have been.

Too many errors and missed tackles presenting easy points to Wire and a lack of cutting edge on attack. Quinlan has been missed badly and we have players like Linnett & Drinkwater still finding their feet. I also feel we are lacking genuine pace meaning we won't score many from long distance.

This is why Warrington were able to win by a good margin without playing particularly well themselves.

The spirit is there which is a good foundation and of course Mitch Garbutt has been absolutely outstanding. Good job too because Mose has been let's say 'mixed' and Mulhern yet to find his form of last season. Hauraki defending OK but not touching the ball much and crucial errors costing points in both games.

We have a good record against London and a 7/10 performance will probably be good enough. Good opportunity to get into some form before the far more difficult proposition of Salford the week after.


The reason we lost last week was 2 missed conversions, 1 dropped bomb and an intercepted looping pass. We were also down to 2 interchanges. All in all we weren't far off.

I see Abdull as a concern from London He may not be the most mobile but he's tactical and kicks well.

As for us, Lawler can cover Addy, if Vaivai doesn't play, Linnet will start at centre. No Tomkins is an issue but we shoukd have cover.

So...Atkin or Dagger? All the signs from Sheens indicate Atkin and he's probably right.
And the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
Re: That London
Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 50th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1980
If Atkin has a shoulder problem then you would think now would be time for Dagger?
Re: That London
Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm
Posted by Gallanteer on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm
Gallanteer User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 105
Rep Position: 138th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 1110
craig hkr wrote:
If Atkin has a shoulder problem then you would think now would be time for Dagger?


Yes. No point fielding an injured player right now. That said, it is a must win game (we need to be winning games like these, preferably comfortably) and Atkins could do with shaking off last week in terms of his confidence.
And the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jack retcher, Old Timer No 4, Touchliner and 60 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,894,4501,33877,6064,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
PENRITH
Sun 26th May 13:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
Fri 31st May 19:35
CC2019
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 15th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 20th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HULL KR
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 5th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 9th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 31st Aug 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL KR
Sun 8th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 15th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






59