WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Peacock has gone

Board index Super League Hull KR Peacock has gone

Re: Peacock has gone
Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 am
Posted by Aldy on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 am
Aldy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 229th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 517
Hessle rover wrote:
My opinion:
Waste of time
Waste of money
Too anonymous
Too interested in bringing ex teammates than doing a proper job ala Motu Tony
Rovers benifited him, more than rovers (management networking)
Pretty disappointing tenure considering who and what he’d done in the game.
Bye Jamie.


There are a lot of people at the club (backroom staff etc) who would disagree with every one of your points. Several people at the club before his arrival claim he has made a big impact to systems and structures since he arrived and that he laid the foundations for Tim Sheens.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am
Posted by Mild Rover on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 254
Rep Position: 58th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10861
Location: Leicestershire.
LifeLongHKRFan wrote:
All valid points. However the ultimate question you have to ask is "Are we in a better condition as a club since he has been here?"


From the outside, and noting that Peacock should get neither all the credit or all the blame i’d say, on balance ‘no’. There are plenty of caveats I could add to that, and after relegation it could have been much worse. But we’re three years further on from the last time we were quite good in the top flight, and top 8 seemed more likely going into 2016 (for all that it turned out badly) than it does right now, even with promotion and survival secured pretty efficiently. Maybe after a couple more signings, we can think about getting back to the level that caused Morgan to be released!

What does impress me about his statement is that there are no excuses, or complaints about the adversity we faced. It was, as he says, a baptism of fire. There are plenty of more experienced people who would have struggled under those circumstances. Even Sheens, when somebody suggested he must have seen everything in his career, said this year’s injuries, illnesses and drug suspension were at another level to anything he’d experienced. It’s tough, especially away from the handful of the wealthiest clubs, and Peacock will have learned a lot. Personally, I wish we’d stayed up, won a trophy and he’d learned nowt, but life is full of disappointments. :)
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:29 pm
Posted by His Bobness on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:29 pm
His Bobness User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 65
Rep Position: 176th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Hibbing, Minnesota.
Peacock was available so Rovers created a role for him. For me that's the wrong way around.

Sheens came in and Peacock was no longer needed if indeed he ever had been in the first place. Peacock went part time then one day a week then see you when you next pop in.

Good luck to Jamie in truth his worthwhile contribution at Rovers finished some time ago this announcement simply makes it official.
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am
Posted by Zook Ema's Hose on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am
Zook Ema's Hose Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 207th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm
Posts: 108
Peacock for me was another in a raft of abortive management appointments. On the board and coaching alike. We've had Scott,  Brown, Hackney, Keable, Langley, Pease, Peacock, Sandercock, Chester, Webster.. all brought in to fanfare/"great appointments" comments but are any still at the club except Webster? Either the chairmen have appointed the wrong people every year or... Meanwhile Mike Smith is a constant.

Since Lakin and Morgan left we've had average appointment after average appointment at the top table of the club and have stagnated as a result. The board continue to spend hundreds of thousands per year to just stand still.

Fresh thinking is needed for me. Bring in someone to the board from a NRL club for a couple of years. Back him with cash to get ahead in areas like memberships, reserve grade, marketing and match day experience. Similarly go for a strong NRL coaching assistant to succeed Sheens (looking like he hasn't signed an extension?). As I have commented before there is nothing in appointments so far to say we want to actually challenge any time soon. I hope this will be addressed with some ambitious announcement soon.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 pm
Posted by Beverley red on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 pm
Beverley red Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 183rd / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 pm
Posts: 2371
Zook Ema's Hose wrote:
Peacock for me was another in a raft of abortive management appointments. On the board and coaching alike. We've had Scott,  Brown, Hackney, Keable, Langley, Pease, Peacock, Sandercock, Chester, Webster.. all brought in to fanfare/"great appointments" comments but are any still at the club except Webster? Either the chairmen have appointed the wrong people every year or... Meanwhile Mike Smith is a constant.

Since Lakin and Morgan left we've had average appointment after average appointment at the top table of the club and have stagnated as a result. The board continue to spend hundreds of thousands per year to just stand still.

Fresh thinking is needed for me. Bring in someone to the board from a NRL club for a couple of years. Back him with cash to get ahead in areas like memberships, reserve grade, marketing and match day experience. Similarly go for a strong NRL coaching assistant to succeed Sheens (looking like he hasn't signed an extension?). As I have commented before there is nothing in appointments so far to say we want to actually challenge any time soon. I hope this will be addressed with some ambitious announcement soon.

I don’t agree with all of that but some good points made, the main problem no one seems to address is who is going to supply the money? For all they have done the board don’t have the millions required & judgeing by the crowds we get the fans are not there in large enough numbers or prepared to pay a reasonable price either.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:45 pm
Posted by Zook Ema's Hose on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:45 pm
Zook Ema's Hose Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 207th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm
Posts: 108
Beverley red wrote:
I don’t agree with all of that but some good points made, the main problem no one seems to address is who is going to supply the money? For all they have done the board don’t have the millions required & judgeing by the crowds we get the fans are not there in large enough numbers or prepared to pay a reasonable price either.

The new structure makes life easier financially from what I understand. We need better decisions from the top regards who we spend on. The story in the LE this week indicates new signings so let's hope they are quality.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:51 am
Posted by robinrovers10 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:51 am
robinrovers10 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 197th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 286
Location: East Hull
We get the same amount of money as wakefield and cas, and Salford for that matter. We are bringing more youth through than the majority of Super League- on par with F.C so the first team squad should be as competitive as all the afore mentioned.
Wigan and Saints apart there should be not much difference in squad quality in Super League
So it begs the question, why aren't we signing quality players, in positions we are in dire need for. I dont buy in to this "we are on a limb out on the m62", we are the same geographically when we signed Vella, Webster, Dobson, Galea, Briscoe and even Willie Mason !!

I just think the board have been scarred by the likes of Gleeson, Thornley, Campese, Burns and the like who all commanded huge salaries. Time to take some risks and sign quality cos if we keep signing squad fillers like Walne we are going to come a cropper if London are to compete well this season.
Whoever goes down this season i think will find it as hard as it has ever been to regain top flight status as proved with the Championship quality last season.
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 am
Posted by Old Timer No 4 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 am
Old Timer No 4 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 210th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 168
robinrovers10 wrote:
We get the same amount of money as wakefield and cas, and Salford for that matter. We are bringing more youth through than the majority of Super League- on par with F.C so the first team squad should be as competitive as all the afore mentioned.
Wigan and Saints apart there should be not much difference in squad quality in Super League
So it begs the question, why aren't we signing quality players, in positions we are in dire need for. I dont buy in to this "we are on a limb out on the m62", we are the same geographically when we signed Vella, Webster, Dobson, Galea, Briscoe and even Willie Mason !!

I just think the board have been scarred by the likes of Gleeson, Thornley, Campese, Burns and the like who all commanded huge salaries. Time to take some risks and sign quality cos if we keep signing squad fillers like Walne we are going to come a cropper if London are to compete well this season.
Whoever goes down this season i think will find it as hard as it has ever been to regain top flight status as proved with the Championship quality last season.


Agree with a lot of this. All signings provide a risk, will they perform as expected, what if they get injured and can we cover them if they do, will they fit in. All relevant concerns, and as mentioned are the board now ultra cautious after being stung by previous adversity, which part of me can understand. The main point now though is that we absolutely must not be battling in the bottom two or three again. Success breeds success, or at least the possibility of it, and this club, with a fair wind and a bit of good fortune(for once) is more than capable of being a real force. That means signing real quality and making a statement, or are we happy to just compete and survive?
I don,t sign the cheques, and if I did I might also be ultra cautious, but supporters want success, I do, I saw it and it was fantastic, I want to see it again.
I have also seen the dark days and don,t ever want a repeat.
I honestly think with maybe three more quality signings(tough, but do-able with the will) we have a real chance to progress. Will it happen, I don,t know, but the silence concerns me, plus no news on TS signing an extension, or Blair being given a deal.
Training starts soon, some good news would be welcome.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:37 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:37 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 254
Rep Position: 58th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10861
Location: Leicestershire.
robinrovers10 wrote:
We are bringing more youth through than the majority of Super League- on par with F.C


While it should now be on a par with Hull, given we share an academy, and I haven’t done a club by club comparison, that feels like a stretch. Lawler might get a first 17 squad number for 2019, but if he does I suspect he’ll be the only one who could be viewed as being a Rovers product.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Peacock has gone
Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm
Posted by robinrovers10 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm
robinrovers10 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 197th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 286
Location: East Hull
Mild Rover wrote:
While it should now be on a par with Hull, given we share an academy, and I haven’t done a club by club comparison, that feels like a stretch. Lawler might get a first 17 squad number for 2019, but if he does I suspect he’ll be the only one who could be viewed as being a Rovers product.



Wow, for someone like you who must spend every other minute looking at this forum, im assuming you attend the matches?? Oakes (yes he is or product, we got him as a just turned 16 little boy), Wallis, Cator, Wardill and Harrison must have sprung out of nowhere. I would even throw Mulhern in there, as 99% of his development has been at Rovers, likewise Atkin and Shaw.
so that's at least 5.

I reckon if you spent more time watching the first team instead of trawling through peoples posts on internet forum where people should say whatever they want, you may see furthur than your nose.

(2 hours later, PM- please refrain from having an opinion and just go with the flow. Im so scared of losing my admin role" MR)
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: des lawson, faddy860, Large Paws, Old Timer No 4, Sheldon and 43 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,894,4081,49677,6064,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
PENRITH
Sun 26th May 13:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
Fri 31st May 19:35
CC2019
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 15th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 20th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HULL KR
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 5th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 9th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 31st Aug 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL KR
Sun 8th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 15th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






59