Post Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 pm
Posted by rover 2000 on Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 pm
rover 2000 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 106
Rep Position: 159th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Mild Rover wrote:
Mulhern should be back in good time for the 8s, at least.

In the interim, i wonder if we could throw any players a SL lifeline? And they could help us build towards the 8s.
It wouldn’t have to be a former Robin but...

Frankie Mariano turned out for Doncaster at the weekend - dunno if he’s coming back from injury or just on the fringes at Fev. 31 now but a shot at a contract for 2019 could be tempting, i dunno - suppose going full-time again could be a big step.
James Green has been playing on loan at Fax, and at 27 his looks a little like a career in need of repair.
Jordan Cox has maybe gone beyond that point, and is without a club after being released by Sheffield. No idea what sort of shape he’d be in, but it must be soon or never if he does want to get back into the sport.

I know they might not be signings that’d set many fans’ pulses racing. But in a thin market, and unable to offer great security a bit of imagination is maybe in order. Tbf, Tickle hasn’t looked out of place, and looking further afield, Vaivai has done okay pretty much straight out of the local Illawarra league and Talanoa has done a very decent job for Hull having spent time as bin man. A lower standard SL does at least increase the potentially eligible talent pool.
jesus have you been on the pop? :lol:
MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!
Re: Injury List
Post Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 65th / 77,699

SirStan wrote:
Fev released Mariano and he’s permanent at Donny, probably reflects his worth these days. Green had his chance with us and didn’t take it so he can do one.

Last I heard, Coxy was travelling in SE Asia or something like that. Are we really that desperate? Jewitt & Kavanagh are due back and Scruton might last until the end of the season with any luck.

We’ve got a few out long-term, and a few more who seem to struggle to stay fit for long.
Hopefully Johnson can play himself into form as well - but us talking about having good depth seems to have tempted fate.

At this point, paying a fee for a player whose contract could be voided in a few months doesn’t make much sense. That also means any player joining us isn’t getting the prospect of much security or of the satisfaction that winning brings. If we do want to add players to the roster before the deadline, then we’re going to have spread the net wide.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 65th / 77,699

rover 2000 wrote:
jesus have you been on the pop? :lol:

I had a bottle of Vedett earlier. :)

I admit, it’s the sort of thing i’d normally roll my eyes at. But these are not very normal times.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 pm
Posted by Burtons Forearm on Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 pm
Burtons Forearm Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 224th / 77,699

We can t fail Sunday. According to Mrs. B their squad has been decimated by Ebola whilst Meninga, Kenny, and Sorenson are turning out for us.
Timely boost anyone?
Post Tue May 15, 2018 11:33 am
Posted by Gallanteer on Tue May 15, 2018 11:33 am
Gallanteer User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 134
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,699

Mild Rover wrote:
I had a bottle of Vedett earlier. :)

I admit, it’s the sort of thing i’d normally roll my eyes at. But these are not very normal times.

Actually, for us, this is the norm.

How long till Captain Lunt returns? And 6 weeks? We are badly missing him.

Against Hull we need plays back in their usual positions. Drop Marsh (in the Humber), the young Saints lad ad hooker and hopefully Mags and Atkin at halfback. Bench Lee to cover either hooker or halfback. Really hope Heff is fit.

I wouldn't play Moss. Yes he's fast but we need a big bigger lad on the wing. Hull nay struggle with HBs etc but their forwards still look too strong.
And the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
Post Tue May 15, 2018 12:02 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Tue May 15, 2018 12:02 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 254
Rep Position: 76th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 8

Gallanteer wrote:
Actually, for us, this is the norm.

How long till Captain Lunt returns? And 6 weeks? We are badly missing him.

Against Hull we need plays back in their usual positions. Drop Marsh (in the Humber), the young Saints lad ad hooker and hopefully Mags and Atkin at halfback. Bench Lee to cover either hooker or halfback. Really hope Heff is fit.

I wouldn't play Moss. Yes he's fast but we need a big bigger lad on the wing. Hull nay struggle with HBs etc but their forwards still look too strong.

I am ok with our halves actually. As long as we have Connor we will have some creation and attackinv threat. The front row could end up as our worst effected area. Depends whether Taylor and Paea play and there hasnt been any news about either yet.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Posted by SirStan on Tue May 15, 2018 3:37 pm
SirStan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 230th / 77,699

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
I am ok with our halves actually. As long as we have Connor we will have some creation and attackinv threat. The front row could end up as our worst effected area. Depends whether Taylor and Paea play and there hasnt been any news about either yet.

Reading the HDM, I’d put my mortgage on both Taylor and Paea playing. Still reckon you will be hot favourites and the bookies tend to agree.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm
Posted by Old Timer No 4 on Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm
Old Timer No 4 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 37
Rep Position: 226th / 77,699

Apparantly Thaler(Justin Morgans favourite-Not!) is the ref at magic...is anybody bothered? Just hope he gets the decisions right and fair, that,s all I ask,and we,re not all moaning about the officials at the end.
We have been on the wrong end of some stinking decisions recently that have cost us points.
Lets hope for a good game(no more injuries please) and we stuff em, or if not 1-0 to us would be ok.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 pm
Posted by SirStan on Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 pm
SirStan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 230th / 77,699

(Can’t believe I’m about to type this...)

Thaler is currently the best SL ref.

I need a hot shower and some mouthwash.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Posted by Someday on Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 169
Rep Position: 111th / 77,699

SirStan wrote:
(Can’t believe I’m about to type this...)

Thaler is currently the best SL ref.

I need a hot shower and some mouthwash.

Calm down Stan he was good the other day but maybe not for us I think Tim has sent him some whiskey has a bribe lol
PreviousNext