WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Manager of the year - MC

Board index Amateur Rugby League Blackpool Manager of the year - MC

Manager of the year - MC
Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:56 pm
Posted by kevbanham on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:56 pm
kevbanham Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Martin crompton has been shortlisted for coach of the year for championship 1. There are 3 nominees and the winner will be announced 21/9/10 at the co-op championship celebration dinner. Well done martin and thanks for all your hard work on and off the pitch
Re: Manager of the year - MC
Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 pm
Posted by Simples1234 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 pm
Simples1234 Stevo's Armpit

kevbanham wrote:
Martin crompton has been shortlisted for coach of the year for championship 1. There are 3 nominees and the winner will be announced 21/9/10 at the co-op championship celebration dinner. Well done martin and thanks for all your hard work on and off the pitch

mc for coach of the year!!! My rear end... :evil:
Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 pm
Posted by kevbanham on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Simples1234 wrote:
mc for coach of the year!!! My rear end... :evil:

You opinion based upon????
Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 pm
Posted by markill on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 pm
markill Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Probably based on him not liking the panthers or being an oldham or hunslet fan kev.

To be fair I don't think he deserves it this year even for how well he has done. He's had greater talent available than others and his team have awful discipline which hasn't been resolved.

To be honest I wouldn't have had him on the shortlist, even with all the trouble that surfaced which he has had to keep in top of. He has done and is doing a great job with the panthers but I think others have done mire impressive jobs in the division this year.

Plus, if he doesnt get it barrow may look elsewhere!
In the world of mules there are no rules.

Search Google, Twitter or iTunes for Super League Pod, a UK based rugby league podcast, by fans for fans.
Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:59 am
Posted by the_cow on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:59 am
the_cow Stevo's Armpit

I don't think MC or March should get the award as they both had the funds to put together a squad of their choice. Stankevich at Rochdale has done a very good job on a small budget, so would get the award for me.
Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:43 pm
Posted by markill on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:43 pm
markill Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

the_cow wrote:
I don't think MC or March should get the award as they both had the funds to put together a squad of their choice. Stankevich at Rochdale has done a very good job on a small budget, so would get the award for me.

Yeah, I'd agree. Think that the guy down at south Wales has done a good job too, without the leg ups celtic got a few years back in their first year and with I think an exclusively Welsh squad.
In the world of mules there are no rules.

Search Google, Twitter or iTunes for Super League Pod, a UK based rugby league podcast, by fans for fans.
Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:47 pm
Posted by kevbanham on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:47 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Thing with MC is even without money he can attract a player ie. Vaughan from Salford and Mark roberts, top quality players with the current financial situation at the club have not been attracted by the wage factor so must have been the MC factor. I guess it depends on what they base the award on to who gets it? Usually these awards go to the team that won the league but its a good shout for the south wales and rochdale coaches, done wonders this season. MC missed out last season when he worked wonders with a losing team.
Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Posted by Simples1234 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Simples1234 Stevo's Armpit

I agree stanky for award! I don't believe mc has the right attitude, he doesn't talk he shouts at his players, and anyone would look good if they have paid back handers to their players, it's nothing to do with being loyal (which he mentioned in the rugby leaguer) it was that it was to close to the end of the season, for the players to leave the club, !! but in the times I have watched, mc doesn't carry the right attitude, also I think the team has a brillant attitude with the recent salary cap news ..... I feel hobson shouldn't be a capital he loses his head to easily and is a liability, corrected if I'm wrong but I got told he got sin binned twice in the worky game?
Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 am
Posted by the_cow on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 am
the_cow Stevo's Armpit

How do you know MC shouts at the players? I've never seen him shout- he barely says anything when he's pitchside from what I've seen. He also gives very short half time team talks- he was out within about 5 mins on Sunday. If he did shout and be generally aggresive, then do you think that would help to build a squad spirit, or would it more likely upset people who would then leave.

People (other teams fans) seem to forget the amazing job MC did with the Panthers pre-Bobby Hope & the illegal payment problems of this season. He took a team that couldn't win a game, recruited a new squad and then built on that to take the Panthers to mid-table- that is the equivalent of Gateshead moving to mid-table next season.

I also disagree with the notion that players could not go elsewhere. Haggerty & Fairhurst left after the points deduction for different reasons, but no-one else has to my knowledge. Others, Ainscough & Mayberry for example, could get a contract with a Championship team easily but haven't done so either, so I would guess that is due to actually wanting to play for the club.
Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am
Posted by Seagull on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am
Seagull User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Simples1234 wrote:
I agree stanky for award! I don't believe mc has the right attitude, he doesn't talk he shouts at his players, and anyone would look good if they have paid back handers to their players, it's nothing to do with being loyal (which he mentioned in the rugby leaguer) it was that it was to close to the end of the season, for the players to leave the club, !! but in the times I have watched, mc doesn't carry the right attitude, also I think the team has a brillant attitude with the recent salary cap news ..... I feel hobson shouldn't be a capital he loses his head to easily and is a liability, corrected if I'm wrong but I got told he got sin binned twice in the worky game?

1) how do you know MC shouts at his players (and whther he does or doesn't, what does that matter? Each coach has his own methods; MC's obviously work).
2) you have suggested by your post that MC himself has paid backhanders to players. I suggest unless you can prove that, you withdraw that allegation and pay more attention to what and how you post in future.
3) Hobson was captain last time I looked, not a capital (that's a letter or a city just in case you weren't aware). Oh dear.

You're living up to your user name fella :SUBMISSION:
Next