u RLFANS.COM - Dave Merrick WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dave Merrick

Board index Amateur Rugby League Blackpool Dave Merrick

Dave Merrick
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 am
Posted by the_cow on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 am
the_cow Stevo's Armpit

What a total incompotent ar*e that ref was yesterday...and the young linesman was no better.

How did he not give a yellow to either Onyango or his bald mate for holding down after Royle broke away in the second (considering all the farcical holding-down pens he gave against us in the second). Also, how was that next to last try not given out in touch when I could see from half a pitch away that it was out.

I think he must have had money on an Oldham win or been offered a bung as he was so biased it was untrue in the last 30 mins- he was looking for any minor chance to give a penalty (inc the offside at the k.o.). Shocking, absolutely shocking...
Oldham game
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 pm
Posted by FLEETWOOD MAC on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 pm
FLEETWOOD MAC Stevo's Armpit

Coudent agree more Cow :x

Ref robbed us , that try your on about in the corner was never a try he was in touch i was stood down there and the linesman did nowt!!!!!

Heard two Oldham fans talking in the gents saying the ref was bad for both teams and the decisions were even. I couldent believe what i was hearing they must have been at another match

Im not for slagging refs usually but i couldent believe what i was seeing :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:08 pm
Posted by markill on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:08 pm
markill Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

the oldham fans weren't happy with a few decisions in the first half, when to be fair to merrick he was equally bad and (in)consistent towards both teams.

i don't know how he could be grinning his little face off as he walked down the tunnel and again when he came out of the changing rooms after. i guess its because he knows he will face no retribution for his awfully biased second half showing. he'll be reffing this weekend for sure whilst panther after panther gets a ban for his indiscretion - bet the oldham player doesn't see any retribution for fighting either by the way! two fight, one gets red, other yellow!? HUH!?!?!

one penalty he gave against i think clough for holding down came as cloughy tried to roll away from the play the ball area and rolled over the the player he was on to get off him, and that was only after a few seconds holding down, yet not even a penalty when onyango held royle down after his break for far longer.

also, how can a referee only penalise one kick off in a whole match for player being offside!? and do this after 65-70 minutes when he'd already helped march oldham up the field to score by putting it down on the touch line and gain momentum

Rubbish! although i did tell the cow to watch his language when confronting mr merrick at full time!