FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Midlands v Dons Sunday 14th August 2022 3pm
Midlands v Dons Sunday 14th August 2022 3pm : Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:08 am  
No team in the top five has lost to a side outside the top five except when Hunslet beat N Wales at home.

We don't want that trend to change! There's no reason why it should with the form we're in at the moment.

The other weekend games are: West Wales v Swinton; Keighley v Hunslet; Rochdale v Cornwall; Oldham v London.

Should Keighley beat Hunslet they would be six points ahead of second placed N Wales with three games to go but with their superior points difference would be almost certain to finish top. Technically, they would only win the league if they won their game after... against us!
Double Movement wrote:
No team in the top five has lost to a side outside the top five except when Hunslet beat N Wales at home.

We don't want that trend to change! There's no reason why it should with the form we're in at the moment.

The other weekend games are: West Wales v Swinton; Keighley v Hunslet; Rochdale v Cornwall; Oldham v London.

Should Keighley beat Hunslet they would be six points ahead of second placed N Wales with three games to go but with their superior points difference would be almost certain to finish top. Technically, they would only win the league if they won their game after... against us!

So nothing to play for a week on Sunday :wink: :lol:

Been a bit of an unpredictable outfit this year have the Hurricanes, we should have enough, I hope Johnston is back and that Holdstock is not too badly injured and makes a decent recovery, saw he had his knee all iced up as he was sat watching the match.
Wilf Grimshaw wrote:
So nothing to play for a week on Sunday :wink: :lol:

Been a bit of an unpredictable outfit this year have the Hurricanes, we should have enough, I hope Johnston is back and that Holdstock is not too badly injured and makes a decent recovery, saw he had his knee all iced up as he was sat watching the match.

Yes, it'd be good if Johnston is back. He gives us more attacking threats. I doubt Alex Holdstock will be fit but hopefully it's not too serious.

Maybe Keighley will settle for a draw the weekend after? :lol:

Heck, if Hunslet turned them over they'd not be in a very good mood!
Weather looks rather warm for this game, so the inevitable water break(s) will add some disruption to the play. I just hope we can get a roll on from the very start and not make this unnecessarily tight. Midlands are capable of hitting you hard if you slack off, the their last twenty minutes against Oldham was bordering on the ridiculous.
would have requested a video of this game to see exactly how Oldham managed to get 39-0 up...And how the Hurricanes scored 6 quick tries...
Whatever Oldham, a fairly crap side, did to get 39-0 up...I would copy that.
Re: Midlands v Dons Sunday 14th August 2022 3pm : Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:08 am  
21 man squad for the match. Good to see Alex Holdstock named at least, Ben Johnston still absent.

https://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/ ... review/676
21 man squad for the match. Good to see Alex Holdstock named at least, Ben Johnston still absent.

https://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/ ... review/676
Saturday's game: West Wales 6, Swinton 94.

Another boost to Swinton's points difference.
That will do nicely. Enjoy the beers lads you have earnt that today. :CLAP:
Final score Midlands 18 v Doncaster 52.
Ruan ,Boas 3, Tali 2 , Robinson , Burns, & Halliday.
Robinson kicked 8.

Well done.
Hope the injured Coventry player is ok .

COYD
Happy days....
Next