WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London Skolars (Away) - Saturday 18 May 2019 16:30

Board index Championship 1 Doncaster RLFC London Skolars (Away) - Saturday 18 May 2019 16:30

Posted by Wilf Grimshaw on Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 am
Wilf Grimshaw User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 164th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Well can I say KLD that I fully applaud you taking in the double header of Club Doncaster in London. Rovers where extremely unlucky to go out and played very well as you say. The Dons were a different story altogether.

Your initial post is just about on the money IMO and very well written.

Is RH getting the best out of this bunch of players, who should not be on ability, floundering about in seventh spot in a poor league. I have just about given up for this year and it is hard to envisage any more than four more wins given the current run of form/lack of effort that is being shown.

I await to be proved incorrect.

Just a point of order to some posters. It is not my belief that we have posters on here who are happy clappers and folk who think that what the CEO comes out with is gospel.
“The best advice I've ever received is, stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution"
Posted by Keith Lard's Dog on Mon May 20, 2019 12:13 pm
Keith Lard's Dog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 248th / 77,841

Moonshine wrote:
Well can I say KLD that I fully applaud you taking in the double header of Club Doncaster in London. Rovers where extremely unlucky to go out and played very well as you say. The Dons were a different story altogether.

Your initial post is just about on the money IMO and very well written.

Is RH getting the best out of this bunch of players, who should not be on ability, floundering about in seventh spot in a poor league. I have just about given up for this year and it is hard to envisage any more than four more wins given the current run of form/lack of effort that is being shown.

I await to be proved incorrect.

Just a point of order to some posters. It is not my belief that we have posters on here who are happy clappers and folk who think that what the CEO comes out with is gospel.

I thought that maybe we had reached the point of no return in the season where London was a must win game for us.
I envisaged the players chomping at the bit to get back on track with our promotion challenge and serve up a try fest against an average London side.

How far from the truth was I , we looked clueless offensively and mentally weak when the pressure was on,...……. our halves and pivots looked amateurish at times and our ball retention was shocking.

I think Brown on DR must have been close to losing the ball half a dozen times until he received the shepards crook.
However he wasn't the only one, and some players need to take a long look in the mirror given that performance.
Posted by weighman on Mon May 20, 2019 12:43 pm
weighman Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 98
Rep Position: 199th / 77,841

Jordan Cox is our player has he &/or Townend gone AWOL .
I have commented previously that I don't like Dual reg . I thought Richard Horne would make a better go of things this season , he stated he wanted continuity in selection . Clearly all is not well at the club with the reports coming in from people who went Saturday !
Just 1 last point how can you go into a season without a full back , & yes I know we have RO .
Posted by Keith Lard's Dog on Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm
Keith Lard's Dog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 248th / 77,841

Boas played full back but didn't look comfortable , he was continually out of position when London kicked the ball on the last tackle.

I have some feeling for RH as the players are obviously failing to follow the game plan set by the coach.
After seeing his face Saturday I would have but my house on a resignation announcement today , I know the coach is getting stick on here but ultimately its not the coach that drops the ball , makes poor reads and gives away penalties.
Posted by Wilf Grimshaw on Mon May 20, 2019 1:47 pm
Wilf Grimshaw User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 164th / 77,841

weighman wrote:
Jordan Cox is our player has he &/or Townend gone AWOL .
I have commented previously that I don't like Dual reg . I thought Richard Horne would make a better go of things this season , he stated he wanted continuity in selection . Clearly all is not well at the club with the reports coming in from people who went Saturday !
Just 1 last point how can you go into a season without a full back , & yes I know we have RO .

If his injury is has bad as feared I don't see him being back anytime soon. Maybe Thursday nights meeting may provide an answer or two regarding the current state of our DR arrangement.
“The best advice I've ever received is, stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution"
Posted by Jemmo on Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm
Jemmo User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 198
Rep Position: 124th / 77,841

KLD has said most about the game that has to be said. Ball in hand is just painful for us at the moment. I don't really understand how we've got to this stage. I think defensively we are reasonably good but we are giving teams so much possesion in good places that they're bound to get through. London did nothing insightful or fancy, they just did more basics right and noticably played for each other. It was the same as Keighley and North Wales games, we were just beaten by a side grinding it out.

I didn't even get there in time for the privilige of the Greece v Norway game, had a passing chat with Bastas. He was so happy with how it'd gone, a very friendly chap.
Previous