FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Smith - should he stay or should he go?
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:34 pm  
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:36 pm  
Rowley and Holdbrook would my two choices, don't think Rowley will leave Salford and can't see us attracting Holdbrook without some promise of investment.
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:52 pm  
des lawson wrote:
Sad news that agent smith and gene gone.A job well done.

good sense of humour like that from a red & white
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:10 pm  
Holbrook assistant at Roosters now isn't he ?

Just why on earth he would he leave his homeland ( again ) to take on our basket case of a club.

Last time here he won everything again & again at Saints.

Fantasy land !!
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm  
I go away for a two week holiday and come back to this! :lol:

Still gathering my thoughts together so will post again when I have caught up properly.
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:14 pm  
al283 wrote:

Just why on earth he would he leave his homeland ( again ) to take on our basket case of a club.

Fantasy land !!

Yep, very unlikely, will probably get another NRL gig, was unfairly sacked at Titans, who have got alot worse since he left.
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 pm  
al283 wrote:

Fantasy land !!

The same reason he left Sydney before..
If the offer is right..
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:19 pm  
Irregular Hoops wrote:
Rumours new ownership announced soon

Who , someone like Malcolm Walker …
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:34 pm  
Would never wish any one to lose their job, however this is the right decision. Obviously Tony didn’t come here expecting this, however despite other factors not helping his situation like reduced investment, poor recruitment and player ability/effort, you would expect a Coach to find a way to overcome most of these issues. However, basic games plans and structures were either not in place or executed and the initial buck has got to sit with the Coach.

Obviously, there may be further changes in the near future. In the mean time all eyes must stay on the players. Some have played for Hull under 4 different Coaches, with similar outcomes, poor runs and big defeats. That is not a coincidence.

I’m sure Tony never sent the players out with a game plan consisting of, keep it tight for the first 50 seconds, hit them with high shot and don’t forget to give the opposition 6 again just after a penalty. Much of that is down to the players.

I still believe this playing squad is not good enough and quite a few need to move on, some as soon as possible as they can’t be a part of the future of the club and add no value to it.

Hopefully any restructuring is good news, however let’s see what the next few days brings……..
Re: Smith - should he stay or should he go? : Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:43 pm  
Im a little shocked he's been given the boot tbh, I thought AP would have tried to ride this mess out but sadly not with Smith in charge . I do feel a bit for Tony Smith with what he's had to work with . I just hope the axe will continue to swing with the current rubbish we have within the squad .
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC