FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Oh well Wakey next
Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:51 am  
Don't know if we have the players available but would love to see 3/4 dropped just to make a fe cking point. Would be more but haven't the players available. Not sure who will be back. Litten Barron should be given a chance. Sao back. Give Balmforth a bench spot. Start lovoduo at 9. Servers in for lane. Mac at 7.?
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:53 am  
Wouldn't surprise me if Fash & Mitch were both banned for this game.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:59 am  
Connor
McIntosh
Wynne
Mitch
Barron
Smith
McNamara
Evans
Lovudua
Sao
Longstaff
Ma'u (if he is back) or Lane
Fash

Satae
Severs
Laidlaw
Balmforth

Something like that. I'd rather not play Lane but second row is a real problem area atm in terms of numbers.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:00 am  
The Hollywood Frasier wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if Fash & Mitch were both banned for this game.

High shots? Can't remember anything particularly bad but my attention did waver tbh.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:06 am  
scarrie wrote:
High shots? Can't remember anything particularly bad but my attention did waver tbh.
Mitch dump tackled Makinson after he offloaded to Hurrell for the 2nd try of the 2nd half.

Looked to me like Fash did a crusher tackle midway through the 2nd half right under our posts.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:10 am  
The Hollywood Frasier wrote:
Mitch dump tackled Makinson after he offloaded to Hurrell for the 2nd try of the 2nd half.

Looked to me like Fash did a crusher tackle midway through the 2nd half right under our posts.

Yes, I remember the Fash one now. Be a shame if he cops a ban, one of the few who is consistently on it 100%.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:11 am  
Mac doubtful according to BH, sounds a bad one for Walker, my biggest issue is we know JJ is going next season so why are we not playing Balmforth or Hookem of the bench. Agree on Laney he's badly out of form. Barring suspensions I'd go

Connor
Barron
Mitch
Griffin
Wynne
Smith
Gale
Evans
Mint
Tag
Ma'u
Longstaff
Sao
Subs
Satae
Fash
Balmforth
Lane
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:13 am  
To be honest I can't see much improvement and Hodgson doesn't in still any confidence reading his comments about the short term around. We are coming up against a side that we tend to struggle against at the best of times and Wakey have shown desire and a will to win and work for each other whereas we just show very little in anything other than capitulation which we seem to have mastered.

Team selection will be the same predictable one, give or take changes only due to injuries/suspensions.

I don't even think I have the energy or desire to go and take to my seat on Friday night.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:15 am  
I'll definitely be turning up more out of duty than desire.
Re: Oh well Wakey next : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:35 am  
Houghton picked up a knock, sounds awful but him out might force a hooking change and hopefully not Johnstone.

I'd have Lane over Longstaff, think he is too lightweight, 2 drives and 5 metres yesterday.

I'd drop Mcintosh too, think he has been pretty poor all season
Next

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC