RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What position should Jake Connor play next season?
The Hollywood Frasier User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm
Posts: 9316
Member for 18 years
C for Cuckoo wrote:
As for Loose Forward, anyone there has to tackle props. That's why we spell our 13s because all that defending is tiring. We can't have our best ball player getting beaten up and spending half the game getting his breath back.
Connor playing 13 is up there for the most ridiculous idea I've ever read on this forum and that's saying something.
Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard
Marcus's Bicycle Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 pm
Posts: 2522
Member for 10 years
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Hilarious some of the posts saying let him go.

The kid gives a toss, unlike some Hull born lads, I noticed Connor became a scapegoat not so long back when he argued with some of the golden Hull brigade on the pitch when they weren't pulling their weight or giving a toss.

The kids quality he wants to win, and. Good on him for voicing his opinions when others are making a mockery of wearing the shirt. Isn't that what Gale was brought into do????


Agree. At the start of the season when he won us games almost singlehandedly some on here me included wanted him as a marquee to fend off other clubs.

If I was Connor I'd want out asap because we are going backwards fast added to which it looks like he is the new scapegoat.

He's the most talented player we have had for years and it would be madness to let him go.

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 6385
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Member for 19 years
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Hilarious some of the posts saying let him go.

The kid gives a toss, unlike some Hull born lads, I noticed Connor became a scapegoat not so long back when he argued with some of the golden Hull brigade on the pitch when they weren't pulling their weight or giving a toss.

The kids quality he wants to win, and. Good on him for voicing his opinions when others are making a mockery of wearing the shirt. Isn't that what Gale was brought into do????


Agree. At the start of the season when he won us games almost singlehandedly some on here me included wanted him as a marquee to fend off other clubs.

If I was Connor I'd want out asap because we are going backwards fast added to which it looks like he is the new scapegoat.

He's the most talented player we have had for years and it would be madness to let him go.


Jake Connor is far and away the best player we have and one of the best in SL, without we just have no threat at all so it would be crazy to get rid of him, I just have a feeling he may not be here next year as I'm sure he's as p!s5ed off as the fans in the fact we are going backwards on the field.

As for his attitude I can see both sides of the argument as to whether he's good or bad influence. My take is he is a competitive guy and just wants to win at whatever he is doing and his frustration with team mates gets the better of him at times. I'd rather have Jake Connor and others with the same mindset that have a real desire to win and compete and take it badly if they don't than players who quite frankly just don't seem to be bothered win or lose and don't seem to want to put things right or work hard enough.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
boardwalkempire4 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 am
Posts: 89
Member for 1 year
Can’t resist but Jc as nice as he is
Is donkey slow.
Wigan Saints are clear benchmarks and have fast players from 1-17.
If we are to challenge top 4 then we need pace 1-17.
His work rate isn’t nowhere near enough for a 13.
He can find a pass ,absolute no question about that .. but it’s not enough

User avatarbarham red wrote:
barham red User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am
Posts: 5389
Member for 15 years
boardwalkempire4 wrote:
Can’t resist but Jc as nice as he is
Is donkey slow.
Wigan Saints are clear benchmarks and have fast players from 1-17.
If we are to challenge top 4 then we need pace 1-17.
His work rate isn’t nowhere near enough for a 13.
He can find a pass ,absolute no question about that .. but it’s not enough


I'm biased and am anti Hull but come on really...
Do I like Jake, No, he's a petulant niggly gob5h1te, he's a player opposition fans love to hate, proves he must be adding something or no one would care.
He's also head and shoulders your best player, his assist stats are ridiculous in a team that hasn't scored a sack full of tries, I'm delighted if he's missing when we play you..
If he had a manager that could reign in his temperament a couple of notches and not rely on him totally for all creativity then he could really go on to hit his full potential. His biggest downfall this year is when the team are struggling he looks like he feels the weight of expectation on him and starts forcing the pass / kick to create the impossible.
As for needing pace 1-17 no you don't, you need pace in the right places, Lockyer never had great pace, he had Slater for that feeding off him.
He has been on Sky talking about wanting to win stuff, does he see Hull being the place to do that? suppose time will tell but you'll be a damn site worse team without him.

User avatarRockNRolla wrote:
RockNRolla User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: The Cavern Club
Member for 14 years
barham red wrote:
I'm biased and am anti Hull but come on really...
Do I like Jake, No, he's a petulant niggly gob5h1te, he's a player opposition fans love to hate, proves he must be adding something or no one would care.
He's also head and shoulders your best player, his assist stats are ridiculous in a team that hasn't scored a sack full of tries, I'm delighted if he's missing when we play you..
If he had a manager that could reign in his temperament a couple of notches and not rely on him totally for all creativity then he could really go on to hit his full potential. His biggest downfall this year is when the team are struggling he looks like he feels the weight of expectation on him and starts forcing the pass / kick to create the impossible.
As for needing pace 1-17 no you don't, you need pace in the right places, Lockyer never had great pace, he had Slater for that feeding off him.
He has been on Sky talking about wanting to win stuff, does he see Hull being the place to do that? suppose time will tell but you'll be a damn site worse team without him.


Great post :CLAP:
OLD FAITHFUL
Irregular Hoops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:30 pm
Posts: 4190
Location: Kingston upon Hull F.C.
Member for 20 years
I’ll be interested to see where his new club play him the year after next.

No way will he stay here
boardwalkempire4 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 am
Posts: 89
Member for 1 year
RockNRolla wrote:
Great post :CLAP:

Lockyer was world class, although not blessed with electric pace he was certainly no slouch either. You need pace in the pivots as that can put rest of the team on the front foot.
Lockyer could lead a team around the park where unfortunately Jake can’t. Hodgson bringing in Hoy Truman possibly Smith tells me he wants pace in the pivots too.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave K., davey41, fosdyke99, GrahamBray, Greavsie, McFc, mwindass, oooh Gravy!, Steve0, supersport, Yippee try yay and 215 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
When is a budget not a budget
wrencat1873
13
3m
Full circle
Wildcatnomor
3
8m
French domestic league season 2022/2023 thread
Jimmythecuck
11
13m
Corey Hallsigns till 2024
Wildcatnomor
42
20m
2022 RL World Cup
Trebor1
33
21m
England Squad 2022 - Why are we falling further behind
The Ghost of
7
22m
IMG Podcast
The Ghost of
66
25m
How long in 2023 does Powell have
easyWire
186
29m
Overseas players Ex Martin so we need them
Trebor1
19
37m
Season debrief send in your questions
easyWire
38
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
26s
IMG Recommendations for British RL
Jack Burton
36
31s
2023 IN Lower League signings
cheekydiddle
13
31s
Back to licensing
terry silver
8
33s
Play off final - Leigh v Batley
wigginswarri
19
34s
The New PM is Lis Truss
The Avenger
26
38s
Toby King CONFIRMED TO HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN WARDLE IN RETUR
Wires71
252
40s
IMG
ColD
26
43s
This is not a cycle - what can other clubs do
The Ghost of
28
45s
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
24360
45s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Rhinoshaund
1617
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Full circle
Wildcatnomor
3
TODAY
Random Act Of Kindness Time
Lower Crease
2
TODAY
England Squad 2022 - Why are we falling further behind
The Ghost of
7
TODAY
Spending the full salary cap
lampyboy
6
TODAY
Oh no its Kendall
Leyther in n
6
TODAY
Touch rugby
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
NO RELEGATION
MattyB
14
TODAY
Rugby League in good hands
Egg Chasing
3
TODAY
The times they are a changing
Mild Rover
21
TODAY
The way ahead
jbuzza
13
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million +21,596 ↑5579,2499,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29
09:30
Penrith-Parramatta
L1 RND: 26
14:00
Swinton-Doncaster
CH RND: 30
18:30
Leigh-Batley
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sun 25th Sep
L1 RND: 25 Doncaster52-20Rochdale
CH RND: 29 Leigh70-10York
CH RND: 29 Featherstone28-32Batley
Sat 24th Sep
NRL RND: 28 Penrith32-12Souths
SL RND: 30 Leeds12-24St.Helens
Fri 23rd Sep
NRL RND: 28 NQL Cowboys20-24Parramatta
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
When is a budget not a budget
wrencat1873
13
3m
Full circle
Wildcatnomor
3
8m
French domestic league season 2022/2023 thread
Jimmythecuck
11
13m
Corey Hallsigns till 2024
Wildcatnomor
42
20m
2022 RL World Cup
Trebor1
33
21m
England Squad 2022 - Why are we falling further behind
The Ghost of
7
22m
IMG Podcast
The Ghost of
66
25m
How long in 2023 does Powell have
easyWire
186
29m
Overseas players Ex Martin so we need them
Trebor1
19
37m
Season debrief send in your questions
easyWire
38
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
26s
IMG Recommendations for British RL
Jack Burton
36
31s
2023 IN Lower League signings
cheekydiddle
13
31s
Back to licensing
terry silver
8
33s
Play off final - Leigh v Batley
wigginswarri
19
34s
The New PM is Lis Truss
The Avenger
26
38s
Toby King CONFIRMED TO HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN WARDLE IN RETUR
Wires71
252
40s
IMG
ColD
26
43s
This is not a cycle - what can other clubs do
The Ghost of
28
45s
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
24360
45s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Rhinoshaund
1617
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Full circle
Wildcatnomor
3
TODAY
Random Act Of Kindness Time
Lower Crease
2
TODAY
England Squad 2022 - Why are we falling further behind
The Ghost of
7
TODAY
Spending the full salary cap
lampyboy
6
TODAY
Oh no its Kendall
Leyther in n
6
TODAY
Touch rugby
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
NO RELEGATION
MattyB
14
TODAY
Rugby League in good hands
Egg Chasing
3
TODAY
The times they are a changing
Mild Rover
21
TODAY
The way ahead
jbuzza
13
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!