FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints away
Re: Saints away : Thu May 19, 2022 12:26 pm  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Genuine question

What do people think about Griffin's defensive efforts for the last two Saints tries?


there was no effort at all.He was lazy but its Griffin and people would rather blame the others on that edge as you can see
Re: Saints away : Thu May 19, 2022 1:45 pm  
bonaire wrote:
there was no effort at all.He was lazy but its Griffin and people would rather blame the others on that edge as you can see


It was poor from Griffin I don't think anyone will deny that but I wouldn't say lack of effort more a case clearly not 100% match fit, for me BH has to take some responsibility for that as the coach who picked the 17. Watching all the tries the first was poor defending and Griffin wasn't even on the field it was another case of players switching off and St's took full advantage of a quick restart and its not as though its something new with us as the Clark try in the Warrington game highlighted the issue massively. The last two tries were poorly defended altogether on that edge not just Griffin alone unless you honestly think Wynne and Shaul defended that effort well?
Re: Saints away : Thu May 19, 2022 6:39 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
It was poor from Griffin I don't think anyone will deny that but I wouldn't say lack of effort more a case clearly not 100% match fit, for me BH has to take some responsibility for that as the coach who picked the 17. Watching all the tries the first was poor defending and Griffin wasn't even on the field it was another case of players switching off and St's took full advantage of a quick restart and its not as though its something new with us as the Clark try in the Warrington game highlighted the issue massively. The last two tries were poorly defended altogether on that edge not just Griffin alone unless you honestly think Wynne and Shaul defended that effort well?


People are missing the point on Griffin in this case
I am not talking about his poor defense as in missing tackles, i am talking about not even bothering to chase back for Saints last two tries.
The Lomax try he was in motion yet didnt even bother to chase him back to the line and put pressure on him
The second he was just a lazy ass and just stood still
If someone like Wane had been in charge Griffin would be dropped after that lack of effort but this coach is likely to drop Connor Wynne and put Griffin back to left centre which would be a joke and what would it do to the confidence of Wynne knowing you have one average game and your position is given to Griffin who is now well past his sell by date
Re: Saints away : Thu May 19, 2022 7:14 pm  
bonaire wrote:
People are missing the point on Griffin in this case
I am not talking about his poor defense as in missing tackles, i am talking about not even bothering to chase back for Saints last two tries.
The Lomax try he was in motion yet didnt even bother to chase him back to the line and put pressure on him
The second he was just a lazy ass and just stood still
If someone like Wane had been in charge Griffin would be dropped after that lack of effort but this coach is likely to drop Connor Wynne and put Griffin back to left centre which would be a joke and what would it do to the confidence of Wynne knowing you have one average game and your position is given to Griffin who is now well past his sell by date


I get your point about Griffin not chasing Lomax and that is disappointing to see a player give up the chase but I just don’t think he is match fit for whatever reason. Including and playing him is down to the coach. I’d rather see players earn their spot back but that doesn’t seem to be happening currently. For me Wynne & Mitch are both ahead of Griiffin & Shaul or should based on performance
Last edited by Chris71 on Thu May 19, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Saints away : Thu May 19, 2022 8:12 pm  
Which begs the question of why are you playing unfit players against Saints or anyone for that matter.

Use the loving reserves to get them match fit Hodgson

Naive
Re: Saints away : Fri May 20, 2022 1:06 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Rider you dont know which games or how many games i attend so dont assume something you dont know.
With regard to your comment that Griffin has been a good signing i disagree.He has had one good season in three years.If he had been an overseas player showing the form when he first came people on here would have been calling for him to go home like we have now with Reynolds.
The so called England call up was what Wane called a meeting squad not a playing squad.Griffin has never been named in an England playing squad nor will he ever be
On the other hand Jamie Shaul actually played for England but look at the criticism he is now taking despite the fact he is still our best overall full back despite his limited attacking link ability which we know Jake Connor has.
Griffin is limited as a centre and undoubtably will end up in the second row which i have said he should months ago yet once again the so called know it alls lambasted the idea.
If you watched the Saints game Griffin was poor,lazy and didnt seen interested in the second half.If you dont agree then go onto FC live and watch the highlights and Griffins efforts for Saints last two tries.
If thats the effort we can expect from Griffin then he should be dropped until his attitude changes.
I want players who give it all on the field.Brad Fash is not the most gifted player we have but he gives 100% for the shirt and thats what i want to see.
Irrespective of our so called true fans on here who like you dont agree with my posts i will say get used to it as when i see players not pulling their weight, not good enough or the coach in my opinion getting team selection and bench selection wrong i will continue to comment whether it gets your back up or not
Finally the only other player i have lambasted on here was Yeaman who got away with too much as he was a local lad.
Good player in his prime but stole a living from the club in his final years but i guess you lot will even disagree with that


Have you tried imodium?
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: boardwalkempire4, davey41, FoD FC Army, hs98, Marcus's Bicycle, Steve0 and 214 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC