FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:12 pm  
Fine with the loans we've made. What good would it do our young lads chucking them in for their debut in our biggest game of the season whilst massively out of form. Walker is a good bit of business imo.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:13 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
Dear oh dear we are trying our best to bring in players to help us out. Maybe just maybe some not all our youngsters not ready to take the step up. Just a thought


I do think the enthusiasm for youth and 'potential' is starting to spill over into mania in some quarters. Perhaps as a reaction to all the years with little to show for the investment - even more so for Rovers than for Hull, in that regard, I acknowledge.

I've seen expectations being raised/potential highlighted for players signing to next years scholarship... those lads are what? About 15 years old?
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:16 pm  
Bowden to Wakefield
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:17 pm  
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:21 pm  
I think irregs hit the nail on the head, il hold my hand up and say I've called for the likes of Litten, Barron etc to be played but that's out of pure frustration at the so called senior players who have decided they've lost their hunger to play for this club. Basically for me in the current situation it was out only option.

Buuuuut with the signing of 3 young lads who have more super league experience, we don't have to be that desperate with the ones maybe not quite ready.

Hopefully
Walker in for Shaul
Balmforth in for Houghton
Longstaff in for Griffin

Still short in the props so may have to play Scott "2 carries" Taylor

But hopefully it's a start. Still think we l see all those mentioned, with no accountability by Hodgson as he alluded too in his interview
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:33 pm  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Buuuuut with the signing of 3 young lads who have more super league experience, we don't have to be that desperate with the ones maybe not quite ready.
Totally agree, we may have managed it against Rovers on Sunday however Wigan the following week is a totally different beast and could have really demoralised some players who aren't ready.

That said I still hope Balmforth and Severs are in our 17 for Magic.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:34 pm  
AP has found the money when he’s had to again. Could easily have pocketed the saving on Reynolds.

Pressure is on Hodgson to get them performing.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:36 pm  
Have to send a message out for the sake of the culture and what's tolerated and what's not.

Will be very intrigued to see our line up, Chris for me on the Match thread has the lineup spot on.

Any opinions on if we may look to sign any of the 3 loan lads on permanent deals?
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:38 pm  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
I think irregs hit the nail on the head, il hold my hand up and say I've called for the likes of Litten, Barron etc to be played but that's out of pure frustration at the so called senior players who have decided they've lost their hunger to play for this club. Basically for me in the current situation it was out only option.

Buuuuut with the signing of 3 young lads who have more super league experience, we don't have to be that desperate with the ones maybe not quite ready.

Hopefully
Walker in for Shaul
Balmforth in for Houghton
Longstaff in for Griffin

Still short in the props so may have to play Scott "2 carries" Taylor

But hopefully it's a start. Still think we l see all those mentioned, with no accountability by Hodgson as he alluded too in his interview


I think Walker would come in at FB with Shaul moving to cover wing
Simm to go in at centre
Longstaff in to 2nd row
Lovodua starting at 9
Lane to 13

With a bench of Balmforth, Fash, Burrell/Taylor and Severs/Staveley. We always have the option move Lovodua to 13 when Balmforth comes on, Lane to 2nd row etc if needed. If we had another big body Taylor would be dropped but think with Bowden going out I'm torn as to whether Taylor is on the bench or Burrell..
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:43 pm  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Have to send a message out for the sake of the culture and what's tolerated and what's not.

Will be very intrigued to see our line up, Chris for me on the Match thread has the lineup spot on.

Any opinions on if we may look to sign any of the 3 loan lads on permanent deals?


That for me is the big one and I hope BH has the conviction to stamp his authority on the squad and show he means business and poop shows like last Saturday will not be tolerated and no matter who you are or think you are you place in the 17 let alone the club is at serious risk if you fail to meet the requirements expected in attitude and performance.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: K-Diddy, mwindass, Steve0 and 178 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC