RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:01 pm  
bonaire wrote:
With Castleford climbing the table do you seriously think Radford would let Trueman leave mid season when they have found a bit of form and to Hull who are just above them in the table

Why not , widdop is going there next season anyway , so if they can get him early , even better , like us with trueman .
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:03 pm  
bonaire wrote:
With Castleford climbing the table do you seriously think Radford would let Trueman leave mid season when they have found a bit of form and to Hull who are just above them in the table

Once again, if it doesn’t fit your narrative, you rubbish it. There does seem to be substance in the story, like I said earlier, I was told last week about Trueman to FC this season, if Wire do sign someone and they usually find a way to do it, Widdop to Cas and Trueman to us. Apparently Wire are funding part of Widdop’s move.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:15 pm  
Nothing on the Warrington or Cas forums, you would think if it was happening one of their fans would have heard it.

We shouldn't have released Reynolds until we had something sorted, he wouldn't have been in my first choice 17, but down to bare bones so could have been useful until we signed a replacement.

Got fans excited too, poor planning IMO.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:25 pm  
Widdop to Cas is a done deal apparently for next season. For next season anyway to partner Miller.

I agree we should've used Reynolds as cover until his replacement arrived.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:41 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Nothing on the Warrington or Cas forums, you would think if it was happening one of their fans would have heard it.

We shouldn't have released Reynolds until we had something sorted, he wouldn't have been in my first choice 17, but down to bare bones so could have been useful until we signed a replacement.

Got fans excited too, poor planning IMO.

Glad you think it too, I think we're abit rudderless, I'd question the chief executive
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm  
Right so the club don't give us any news but also get us over excited by saying we're looking at potential new signings. Got it.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:57 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Right so the club don't give us any news but also get us over excited by saying we're looking at potential new signings. Got it.

Bingo :lol:
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:21 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:

The excitement comes from releasing Reynolds, why would you do that if not to replace him.

Add to fact that Hodgson said he hoped for an announcement 48 to 72 hours since Friday and so far nothing.

Press conference tomorrow, so I'm sure it will be asked and will get the usual nothing.

Hard to feel positive about the club at the moment.

Teams around us, have all done retention or recruitment whilst we have whilst we have announced Wynne.

People saying maybe we have nothing to announce, then bloody get something done, Trueman, Lovodua, even a few of the academy lads of long term deals, compared to others we seem to mess about or wait ages to announce deals.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:22 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Right so the club don't give us any news
We should just announce the new centre of excellence and get it out there instead of it being hinted at. It would be bigger & better news than any signing we can make anyway.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:44 pm  
i think we could have signed hoy this week,if ponga hadnt have got injured.think hull were expecting he would be coming over this week.these things happen.it would be something if hull came out and said trueman had signed for next season.everyone and his dog saying hes signed,except hull.at least it would be some positive news.
PreviousNext