FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:12 am  
Would we bring in a full back k or a 6? Suppose it depends on what we do with Hoy?

I'd hate to see him running around for another SL club, but I wouldn't begrudge him any success. Same with Tom Briscoe when he left us
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:41 am  
mwindass wrote:
After watching the half hour programme Connor did with Jon Wells I can see him moving on at the end of his contract.

He's got a desire to win a GF, which with the best will in the world, he won't be doing with us in the near future.

Also pretty much confirms Aussie clubs have been in for him.

With this in mind, I wonder if we'll look to keep Walker.


Said on here a couple of weeks back that he wants out as he doesn't see himself winning silverware with us. Would have been on his way to Canberra next season if they hadn't pulled the plug on the deal.
Think the club do want Walker but salary cap could prevent the deal happening and a new back rower is the main priority.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:25 am  
mwindass wrote:
Would we bring in a full back k or a 6? Suppose it depends on what we do with Hoy?

I'd hate to see him running around for another SL club, but I wouldn't begrudge him any success. Same with Tom Briscoe when he left us


Hoy should our fullback next year, Connor at halfback.

I'd look for a 7 and then play Trueman at 6.

Should be going all out for Croft, as good as Connor is, he would be a step up.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:22 pm  
If we get Dwyer in to go alongside the 3 already signed plus this overseas back rower and can get Longstaff signed up then it’s definitely a step in the right direction recruitment wise.

Ideal scenario would be getting Taylor and Griffin off the books and going for Alvaro from Toulouse.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:33 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Hoy should our fullback next year, Connor at halfback.

I'd look for a 7 and then play Trueman at 6.

Should be going all out for Croft, as good as Connor is, he would be a step up.


I agree with that but to be honest if we could offload Connor for a decent fee i would cash in now
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:47 pm  
:(
bonaire wrote:
I agree with that but to be honest if we could offload Connor for a decent fee i would cash in now


If it were to happen and then we bring in Walker we’d certainly have some much needed pace at long last in our spine.

1/Walker
6/Hoy
7/ Trueman
9/Dwyer
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:08 pm  
We desperately need an on field leader who has the respect of his team mates. We had that with Ellis but not since he retired. When we are struggling there is nobody on the pitch to lift the team.

Gale is presumably leaving so we need a new captain. We've had a few others at times over the last couple of seasons - Ma'u who is leaving too, Taylor and Houghton who were poor captains, Griffin and Lane not really captain material either.

Of the rest of the current squad - Carlos is certainly respected and would be an option but he is a very quiet man, Sao and Satae possibly but neither regularly do eighty minutes and Sao hardly sets a good example at times.

It's laudible to bring in promising youngsters like Hoy and Trueman but I don't see anyone really who is captain material in the squad.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:30 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
We desperately need an on field leader who has the respect of his team mates. We had that with Ellis but not since he retired. When we are struggling there is nobody on the pitch to lift the team.

Gale is presumably leaving so we need a new captain. We've had a few others at times over the last couple of seasons - Ma'u who is leaving too, Taylor and Houghton who were poor captains, Griffin and Lane not really captain material either.

Of the rest of the current squad - Carlos is certainly respected and would be an option but he is a very quiet man, Sao and Satae possibly but neither regularly do eighty minutes and Sao hardly sets a good example at times.

It's laudible to bring in promising youngsters like Hoy and Trueman but I don't see anyone really who is captain material in the squad.


Very much agree we need a leader and like you say, we’ve not had one since Gaz retired.
This is why I’m hoping we are looking at Alvaro as he’s been outstanding for Toulouse and is a real presence on the field.
If the rumor is true about the overseas second rower then hopefully it’s someone who is a leader too.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:35 pm  
RockNRolla wrote:
Very much agree we need a leader and like you say, we’ve not had one since Gaz retired.
This is why I’m hoping we are looking at Alvaro as he’s been outstanding for Toulouse and is a real presence on the field.
If the rumor is true about the overseas second rower then hopefully it’s someone who is a leader too.

Genuine question. Why would a Frenchman leave a comfy position at Toulouse, especially as they’ll be going all out for promotion, again, next season and hoping to hold onto their playing staff, less Corey Norman. Sure they’ll be recruiting some Aussies that are Covid jabbed.
Last edited by Armavinit on Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:40 pm  
mwindass wrote:
After watching the half hour programme Connor did with Jon Wells I can see him moving on at the end of his contract.

He's got a desire to win a GF, which with the best will in the world, he won't be doing with us in the near future.

Also pretty much confirms Aussie clubs have been in for him.

With this in mind, I wonder if we'll look to keep Walker.


I don’t think Connor would get into any team that is likely to get into a grand final never mind win it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alfmacklin, hs98, SaleSlim, Steve0, Woods1969, Yippee try yay and 218 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC