FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am  
A Lovodua/ Dwyer combination at 9 looks quite exciting .
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:58 am  
I would be happy with the signng of Dwyer. An ungrade on Johnstone for sure.

I would expect Houghton to play on next year with Dwyer spelling him. Balmforth to cover and get the occasional game as per this season.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:01 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Already have 3 non fed players and a massive amount of cap tied up at prop.

Sign Dywer and another backrower and I'd be pretty happy with our recruitment.

Our problem at Prop is Taylor isnt value for money anymore but he wont be going anywhere, when Satae goes off we loose a lot of oomph and sadly Sao cant behave himself.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:01 pm  
Houghton / Dwyer for a season, then transition into Balmforth / Dwyer.

I’d pick Smith over Lovodua for a quota utility, but suspect the deal has already been done for JL, and will probably be cheaper as well.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:18 pm  
B0NES wrote:
A Lovodua/ Dwyer combination at 9 looks quite exciting .

Hard to say, when Lovodua has probably played less than 80 minutes at hooker, their must be a reason for that, maybe he looks awful in training at 9.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:47 pm  
Don't see the point of retaining Lovodua if Dwyer signs. We need better value from a quota player than a little bit of utility/bench value. We have to strengthen the pack with some serious go forward from the front and backrow. We need 2 big units.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:05 pm  
Smiggs wrote:
Don't see the point of retaining Lovodua if Dwyer signs. We need better value from a quota player than a little bit of utility/bench value. We have to strengthen the pack with some serious go forward from the front and backrow. We need 2 big units.

If Houghton is retiring then you’d like to think Joey will be starting 9 with Dwyer on the bench.
Still think we will be targeting a back rower.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:26 pm  
RockNRolla wrote:
If Houghton is retiring then you’d like to think Joey will be starting 9 with Dwyer on the bench.
Still think we will be targeting a back rower.

Houghton isn't retiring he'll be here next season! So carrying Lovodua makes no sense.
Last edited by Smiggs on Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:37 pm  
Smiggs wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]Houghton isn't retiring he'll be here next season! So carrying Lovodua makes no sense.

Maybe we aren’t retaining Lovodua then if Houghton is staying.
Seems strange that nothing has been announced about Lovodua so maybe that’s why if he isn’t being retained.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:11 pm  
RockNRolla wrote:
Maybe we aren’t retaining Lovodua then if Houghton is staying.
Seems strange that nothing has been announced about Lovodua so maybe that’s why if he isn’t being retained.

I'm pretty sure Hodgson said last week that Lovodua is with us next year.

I'd be glad to see Houghton hang up his boots.
PreviousNext