RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:38 am  
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... fc-7446177

Looks like we're waiting to see if anyone is available after the world Cup, quota plater wise.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... fc-7446177

Looks like we're waiting to see if anyone is available after the world Cup, quota plater wise.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 am  
Ellam wrote:
Said the other week in here about Balmforth's fitness, but he's got massive potential and with a good pre season he will be sharing hooking duties with Danny next sesason, think it will be Mints and Tag's last season next year with another year in Laidlaw, Brown and I'd like to see us get another prop in ready for when Tag goes.

Brett mentioned Balmforths fitness in an interview not that long ago, Dave K too. I hope he's given a good go next season.

I do wonder if we'll look to bring in another 'middle forward' too instead of a backrower.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:33 am  
Ellam wrote:
Said the other week in here about Balmforth's fitness, but he's got massive potential and with a good pre season he will be sharing hooking duties with Danny next sesason, think it will be Mints and Tag's last season next year with another year in Laidlaw, Brown and I'd like to see us get another prop in ready for when Tag goes.

Really really disappointing that Houghton will be our starting hooker again next season. Almost everyone can see we are crying out for a change at dummy half yet we reward Danny with another year.

Was hoping Lovodua would be starting 9 with a new 9 or Balmforth on the bench.
Really big mistake by the club IMO.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 am  
Surely Houghton not our 9 next season, massive mistake if so, he's also done. Just not mentally sharp anymore
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:02 am  
Ellam wrote:
I also don't see where Lover fits in if he isn't hooking as I'd rather see Ligi 13. Lover waste of an overseas spot IMO

Or if he can recover Cator.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:35 am  
mwindass wrote:
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/brett-hodgson-influential-hull-fc-7446177

Sounds similar to when we tried to sign Eloni Vunakece after he starred in the WC.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:42 am  
The Hollywood Frasier wrote:
Sounds similar to when we tried to sign Eloni Vunakece after he starred in the WC.

Was he that Fijian prop? Think he ended up at the Roosters for a few seasons
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:15 am  
mwindass wrote:
Was he that Fijian prop? Think he ended up at the Roosters for a few seasons

Was that after he served some time for trying to murder Bart Simpson?
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:23 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
Or if he can recover Cator.

FORGOT ABOUT HIM :D
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:38 pm  
Need a hooker.
I’d also keep Smith over Lovodua if we’re signing a utility player, unless we play Joe at nine.
PreviousNext