FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Re: Hodgson : Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:06 pm  
It was BH who has implemented the defensive structure.

He took a leaf out of Clearys book when they worked together at Wests.

No one on here is saying Hodgson is perfect, but some people take it too far.
Re: Hodgson : Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:16 pm  
Ellis didn't completely rule out one day being a head coach. He said he wasn't really sure and expressed a doubt whether he could tell players they were no longer required.

I guess it was a difficult question whilst the current head coach is under extra pressure. Ellis is too professional to say "Yes I'd really love to be head coach at some point".

Wasn't there a video once where he was miked up on the pitch and he wasn't backwards at coming forwards in bollocking his team mates.
Re: Hodgson : Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:02 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Ellis didn't completely rule out one day being a head coach. He said he wasn't really sure and expressed a doubt whether he could tell players they were no longer required.

I guess it was a difficult question whilst the current head coach is under extra pressure. Ellis is too professional to say "Yes I'd really love to be head coach at some point".

Wasn't there a video once where he was miked up on the pitch and he wasn't backwards at coming forwards in bollocking his team mates.

Was it the 2016 CC semi against Wigan. You could hear him properly belting everyone in the tackle
Re: Hodgson : Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 pm  
mwindass wrote:
ComeOnYouUll wrote:

Was it the 2016 CC semi against Wigan. You could hear him properly belting everyone in the tackle

Taking Hodgson out the equation for the moment can anyone honestly say they know what Purtill brings, does or has done in his time at the club?

Back on to Hodgson I’d agree to give him more time if there were real signs he’d implemented processes and structure to our game. What really hit home last night for me is that he has not learnt anything from last season. Inexperienced or not after losing Connor last season and seeing our season fall apart he should have made strides and put things in place so should we lose Connor again we would have structures in place to lessen the impact. Last night was a poop show in attacking threat even while Gale was on and previously without Connor.
BH just seems to have been reliant on the players in terms of any attacking play and openly admitted he leaves it to them.

We could have still been playing now and likely wouldnt have scored.

So for me is only right and fair that BH is questioned in regards to things in and around the coaching as it’s his job to ensure we are well prepared and well coached. Last night there was very little if anything to show we had any structured or set plays for getting pts on the board. This was summed up even more with the attempt at goal that was never really on.

I really hoped Hodgson would bring something to take us forward but I just don’t seem to think we are any further on 1st team wise.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:19 am  
Chris71 wrote:

So for me is only right and fair that BH is questioned in regards to things in and around the coaching as it’s his job to ensure we are well prepared and well coached. Last night there was very little if anything to show we had any structured or set plays for getting pts on the board. This was summed up even more with the attempt at goal that was never really on.

I really hoped Hodgson would bring something to take us forward but I just don’t seem to think we are any further on 1st team wise.

Good post. Professional coaching is a results based business and looking at progress so far we haven't moved forward under Hodgson.
When he was appointed coach in 2020 he said the following about his aspirations for the club.

" Hull is a fantastic club with real pedigree and ambition so I am excited to be heading back and hopefully helping such a prestigious club achieve some success.
"Hull demands success and that is what I am about. With the staff and players we have and the support of the great fans there,I am really excited about what we can achieve together over the next couple of years."

Unless things really improve I believe he is on very shaky ground!
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am  
Bombed Out wrote:
We've had 3 big games already, which would have cemented us in the top 5 but we've failed dismally and that's without half a team missing, so your point is rather moot.

I'd like to know what you think he's putting in place because it certainly isn't discipline or attacking structure.

I like Brett but I'm beginning to lose patience, as he can't eradicate the inconsistencies that still exist and there is no stamp on the team of his style of play.

This ^^^^^^^
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:16 am  
Hodgson trying to implement changes. Hands tied a bit. Youngsters in the best place we have been for years and this is the future as stated by Hodgson and Pearson. He's made mistakes. Who doesn't. Hindsight is marvelous. Most though Gale signing a good one and praised Hull and Hodgson for getting rid of Sneyd and getting Gale on board. I know I get accused of talking about injuries but we have been unlucky with them. We are going through a tough spell. What about if we try to get behind the lads they certainly need it
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:30 am  
hull2524 wrote:
Hodgson trying to implement changes. Hands tied a bit. Youngsters in the best place we have been for years and this is the future as stated by Hodgson and Pearson. He's made mistakes. Who doesn't. Hindsight is marvelous. Most though Gale signing a good one and praised Hull and Hodgson for getting rid of Sneyd and getting Gale on board. I know I get accused of talking about injuries but we have been unlucky with them. We are going through a tough spell. What about if we try to get behind the lads they certainly need it

Exactly, why some want the coach sacking every time we lose a few games I’ll never know . No wonder other clubs laugh at us . When we beat Wigan , most were lauding hodgson . Fickle or what , 3 games later .
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:10 am  
looking at that match on friday and whenever i watch a sl game,where did all the creativity and flair that the british game was noted for go.?hull player from 40 years ago mick crane as unfit as he was in a part time game,would have opened the wire defence up with ease.yet most so called full time pros havent a clue.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:27 am  
Chris71 wrote:
Taking Hodgson out the equation for the moment can anyone honestly say they know what Purtill brings, does or has done in his time at the club?

JJ :D
PreviousNext