RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Re: Hodgson Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:06 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:06 pm  

mwindass wrote:
mwindass Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 pm
Posts: 2246
Member for 14 years
It was BH who has implemented the defensive structure.

He took a leaf out of Clearys book when they worked together at Wests.

No one on here is saying Hodgson is perfect, but some people take it too far.
Re: Hodgson Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:16 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:16 pm  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 20320
Member for 19 years
Ellis didn't completely rule out one day being a head coach. He said he wasn't really sure and expressed a doubt whether he could tell players they were no longer required.

I guess it was a difficult question whilst the current head coach is under extra pressure. Ellis is too professional to say "Yes I'd really love to be head coach at some point".

Wasn't there a video once where he was miked up on the pitch and he wasn't backwards at coming forwards in bollocking his team mates.
Re: Hodgson Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:02 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:02 pm  

mwindass wrote:
mwindass Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 pm
Posts: 2246
Member for 14 years
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Ellis didn't completely rule out one day being a head coach. He said he wasn't really sure and expressed a doubt whether he could tell players they were no longer required.

I guess it was a difficult question whilst the current head coach is under extra pressure. Ellis is too professional to say "Yes I'd really love to be head coach at some point".

Wasn't there a video once where he was miked up on the pitch and he wasn't backwards at coming forwards in bollocking his team mates.


Was it the 2016 CC semi against Wigan. You could hear him properly belting everyone in the tackle
Re: Hodgson Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 pm  

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 6385
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Member for 19 years
mwindass wrote:
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Ellis didn't completely rule out one day being a head coach. He said he wasn't really sure and expressed a doubt whether he could tell players they were no longer required.

I guess it was a difficult question whilst the current head coach is under extra pressure. Ellis is too professional to say "Yes I'd really love to be head coach at some point".

Wasn't there a video once where he was miked up on the pitch and he wasn't backwards at coming forwards in bollocking his team mates.


Was it the 2016 CC semi against Wigan. You could hear him properly belting everyone in the tackle


Taking Hodgson out the equation for the moment can anyone honestly say they know what Purtill brings, does or has done in his time at the club?

Back on to Hodgson I’d agree to give him more time if there were real signs he’d implemented processes and structure to our game. What really hit home last night for me is that he has not learnt anything from last season. Inexperienced or not after losing Connor last season and seeing our season fall apart he should have made strides and put things in place so should we lose Connor again we would have structures in place to lessen the impact. Last night was a poop show in attacking threat even while Gale was on and previously without Connor.
BH just seems to have been reliant on the players in terms of any attacking play and openly admitted he leaves it to them.

We could have still been playing now and likely wouldnt have scored.

So for me is only right and fair that BH is questioned in regards to things in and around the coaching as it’s his job to ensure we are well prepared and well coached. Last night there was very little if anything to show we had any structured or set plays for getting pts on the board. This was summed up even more with the attempt at goal that was never really on.

I really hoped Hodgson would bring something to take us forward but I just don’t seem to think we are any further on 1st team wise.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Hodgson Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:19 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:19 am  
Freddie Miller. Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1100
Location: Australia
Member for 11 years
Chris71 wrote:

So for me is only right and fair that BH is questioned in regards to things in and around the coaching as it’s his job to ensure we are well prepared and well coached. Last night there was very little if anything to show we had any structured or set plays for getting pts on the board. This was summed up even more with the attempt at goal that was never really on.

I really hoped Hodgson would bring something to take us forward but I just don’t seem to think we are any further on 1st team wise.


Good post. Professional coaching is a results based business and looking at progress so far we haven't moved forward under Hodgson.
When he was appointed coach in 2020 he said the following about his aspirations for the club.

" Hull is a fantastic club with real pedigree and ambition so I am excited to be heading back and hopefully helping such a prestigious club achieve some success.
"Hull demands success and that is what I am about. With the staff and players we have and the support of the great fans there,I am really excited about what we can achieve together over the next couple of years."

Unless things really improve I believe he is on very shaky ground!
Re: Hodgson Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am  
The Camels Hump Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 pm
Posts: 38
Member for 4 years
Bombed Out wrote:
We've had 3 big games already, which would have cemented us in the top 5 but we've failed dismally and that's without half a team missing, so your point is rather moot.

I'd like to know what you think he's putting in place because it certainly isn't discipline or attacking structure.

I like Brett but I'm beginning to lose patience, as he can't eradicate the inconsistencies that still exist and there is no stamp on the team of his style of play.


This ^^^^^^^
Re: Hodgson Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:16 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:16 am  

User avatarhull2524 wrote:
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 6627
Member for 13 years
Hodgson trying to implement changes. Hands tied a bit. Youngsters in the best place we have been for years and this is the future as stated by Hodgson and Pearson. He's made mistakes. Who doesn't. Hindsight is marvelous. Most though Gale signing a good one and praised Hull and Hodgson for getting rid of Sneyd and getting Gale on board. I know I get accused of talking about injuries but we have been unlucky with them. We are going through a tough spell. What about if we try to get behind the lads they certainly need it
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: Hodgson Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:30 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:30 am  

Windy winger wrote:
Windy winger Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 pm
Posts: 363
Member for 5 years
hull2524 wrote:
Hodgson trying to implement changes. Hands tied a bit. Youngsters in the best place we have been for years and this is the future as stated by Hodgson and Pearson. He's made mistakes. Who doesn't. Hindsight is marvelous. Most though Gale signing a good one and praised Hull and Hodgson for getting rid of Sneyd and getting Gale on board. I know I get accused of talking about injuries but we have been unlucky with them. We are going through a tough spell. What about if we try to get behind the lads they certainly need it

Exactly, why some want the coach sacking every time we lose a few games I’ll never know . No wonder other clubs laugh at us . When we beat Wigan , most were lauding hodgson . Fickle or what , 3 games later .
Re: Hodgson Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:10 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:10 am  

fosdyke99 wrote:
fosdyke99 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 am
Posts: 526
Member for 7 years
looking at that match on friday and whenever i watch a sl game,where did all the creativity and flair that the british game was noted for go.?hull player from 40 years ago mick crane as unfit as he was in a part time game,would have opened the wire defence up with ease.yet most so called full time pros havent a clue.
Re: Hodgson Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:27 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:27 am  

User avatarIsaiah wrote:
Isaiah User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:06 pm
Posts: 3289
Member for 18 years
Chris71 wrote:
Taking Hodgson out the equation for the moment can anyone honestly say they know what Purtill brings, does or has done in his time at the club?

JJ :D
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B0NES, Greavsie, Hessle Roader, hs98, themightynortherner, Windy winger and 180 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
RL World Cup errm 2021
Bent&Bon
1
6m
Season debrief send in your questions
Barbed Wire
97
13m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32188
19m
This Sintellins team
Saddened!
416
22m
The World Cup
UllFC
55
23m
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
24395
23m
Leigh Squad 2023 possibly
Vancouver Le
36
29m
UK Asylum seekers
WIZEB
158
35m
Another Skolar on the way
Lefevbre
1
37m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15212
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
43s
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
44s
IMG
Septimius Se
32
48s
RL World Cup errm 2021
Bent&Bon
1
52s
RIP Adam Walker
WelshGiant
2
57s
Leeds V NZ
Sir Gregory
50
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32188
1m
Olly Wilson pens new deal
WelshGiant
3
1m
So farewell then Ralph
Bent&Bon
19
1m
Betting in 2023
The Perry Bo
13
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
Prince Buste
195
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RL World Cup errm 2021
Bent&Bon
1
TODAY
Another Skolar on the way
Lefevbre
1
TODAY
RIP Adam Walker
WelshGiant
2
TODAY
Sir Kev on Desert Island Discs
tad rhino
2
TODAY
RIP adam walker
BarnsleyGull
10
TODAY
Olly Wilson pens new deal
WelshGiant
3
TODAY
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
TODAY
Krisnan Inu
Leyther14
3
TODAY
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
TODAY
Jack Hughes
Uncle Rico
8
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million +11,605 79,2539,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sat 29th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
14:30
England-Greece
WC2022 RND: 3
17:00
Fiji-Scotland
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
Australia-Italy
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29 Penrith28-12Parramatta
L1 RND: 26 Swinton16-10Doncaster
CH RND: 30 Leigh44-12Batley
Sun 25th Sep
L1 RND: 25 Doncaster52-20Rochdale
CH RND: 29 Leigh70-10York
CH RND: 29 Featherstone28-32Batley
Sat 24th Sep
NRL RND: 28 Penrith32-12Souths
SL RND: 30 Leeds12-24St.Helens
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
RL World Cup errm 2021
Bent&Bon
1
6m
Season debrief send in your questions
Barbed Wire
97
13m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32188
19m
This Sintellins team
Saddened!
416
22m
The World Cup
UllFC
55
23m
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
24395
23m
Leigh Squad 2023 possibly
Vancouver Le
36
29m
UK Asylum seekers
WIZEB
158
35m
Another Skolar on the way
Lefevbre
1
37m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15212
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
43s
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
44s
IMG
Septimius Se
32
48s
RL World Cup errm 2021
Bent&Bon
1
52s
RIP Adam Walker
WelshGiant
2
57s
Leeds V NZ
Sir Gregory
50
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32188
1m
Olly Wilson pens new deal
WelshGiant
3
1m
So farewell then Ralph
Bent&Bon
19
1m
Betting in 2023
The Perry Bo
13
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
Prince Buste
195
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RL World Cup errm 2021
Bent&Bon
1
TODAY
Another Skolar on the way
Lefevbre
1
TODAY
RIP Adam Walker
WelshGiant
2
TODAY
Sir Kev on Desert Island Discs
tad rhino
2
TODAY
RIP adam walker
BarnsleyGull
10
TODAY
Olly Wilson pens new deal
WelshGiant
3
TODAY
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
TODAY
Krisnan Inu
Leyther14
3
TODAY
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
TODAY
Jack Hughes
Uncle Rico
8
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!