FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:05 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
No issue if the money is right. I was only going on what he said after moving to Hudds from FC after the Gateshead debacle. If he has now decided on a different course then good luck to him. If our personal circumstances change we make different decisions.


So the hot coals reference you made was incorrect? or was correct unless it was about money?

Wouldn't it just be wiser rather than digging a hole for yourself admit that you made a silly statement and move on?

We've all done it. No need to be embarrassed.
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:07 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
It shouldn't be the fans choice, the head choice should be bringing in the staff hw thinks are best for the job.


It will definitely be someone he has worked with in the past and he trusts whether its HKR,or one of his other former clubs
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:08 pm  
bonaire wrote:
It will definitely be someone he has worked with in the past and he trusts whether its HKR,or one of his other former clubs


He's got a relationship with Gene going back 20 years from his hudds days
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:16 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
So the hot coals reference you made was incorrect? or was correct unless it was about money?

Wouldn't it just be wiser rather than digging a hole for yourself admit that you made a silly statement and move on?

We've all done it. No need to be embarrassed.


Stanley said he would never have signed for FC if he’d had the choice. That is what I was referring to. Accept it or not there is no hole only in your imagination.
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:12 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
Stanley said he would never have signed for FC if he’d had the choice.
That is what I was referring to. Accept it or not there is no hole only in your imagination.


You stated Stanley would rather walk on hot coals before joining Hull.

You said he didn't have a choice back then. He certainly does now.
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:49 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
You stated Stanley would rather walk on hot coals before joining Hull.

You said he didn't have a choice back then. He certainly does now.


To be fair Stan came to England from PNG never seeing water come from a tap, it was only after his move to West Hull that Stan saw this miracle.
Re: Hodgson : Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
Stanley said he would never have signed for FC if he’d had the choice. That is what I was referring to. Accept it or not there is no hole only in your imagination.


That's not what he said to me when I was sat in his flat above Suds on Holderness road. He said he thought he HAD signed for Hull FC.
Re: Hodgson : Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:04 am  
Maybe with Gene on board, we can scout PNG for a project.
They never let anyone down and their distribution is first class; see Marcus Bai as prime example, I defy anyone else could have played that ball in Cardiff 05.
Re: Hodgson : Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:13 am  
GrahamBray wrote:
Maybe with Gene on board, we can scout PNG for a project.
They never let anyone down and their distribution is first class; see Marcus Bai as prime example, I defy anyone else could have played that ball in Cardiff 05.


I can hear Ray French now 'ohhhhh what has he done?!?!'
Re: Hodgson : Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:25 am  
Raggytash wrote:
That's not what he said to me when I was sat in his flat above Suds on Holderness road. He said he thought he HAD signed for Hull FC.


Think you are a bit mixed up. When he originally signed it was as. Makeweight so his PNG international buddy would not be lonely. He thought then he had signed for “Hull” and was confused about there being two clubs.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 95 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

cron