FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:44 pm  
With the top four pulling away and the mediocrity of the rest of the league I imagine to make sixth you may need to get to 26 points (13/27 wins) so we probably need to win at least five of the remaining eleven games. We can probably write off the games against Wigan, Huddersfield and Saints.

Next two are very important as Dave says but a big game is Toulouse away next month.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:52 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
Our return fixtures so far have been against Saints, Wigan, Catalans, Warrington and Wakefield. It's a shame injuries have done for us this year as we're still 5th with a decent run in.


To me it just shows the mediocrity of the comp Mrs B, a dull Huddersfield side running rings round the entertainers, and grandads scoring hatricks, we’re all doomed I’ll tell ye.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:59 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
With the top four pulling away and the mediocrity of the rest of the league I imagine to make sixth you may need to get to 26 points (13/27 wins) so we probably need to win at least five of the remaining eleven games. We can probably write off the games against Wigan, Huddersfield and Saints.

Next two are very important as Dave says but a big game is Toulouse away next month.


Unless we bring someone in, I don't think there is any chance of winning 5.

I've just watched our next two opponents get beat by 28 points or so and I still think they will beat us.

Think Leeds is a must win game, confidence will be gone going into magic if we lose.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:00 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
To me it just shows the mediocrity of the comp Mrs B, a dull Huddersfield side running rings round the entertainers, and grandads scoring hatricks, we’re all doomed I’ll tell ye.

I don't find Huddersfield dull. Watson is doing a very good job this year, solid across the park with some X factor in Leutele, Pryce etc. They were without Fages and Hill as well, big players for them.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:03 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
To me it just shows the mediocrity of the comp Mrs B, a dull Huddersfield side running rings round the entertainers, and grandads scoring hatricks, we’re all doomed I’ll tell ye.


Think you are talking the mick, but Hudds are a very good side, said it after they beat us in the cup, very well coached, fit and have a really good mix of experienced players and young ones.

Score some very good trys, wouldn't supeise me to see them play Saints in the GF.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:09 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
I don't find Huddersfield dull. Watson is doing a very good job this year, solid across the park with some X factor in Leutele, Pryce etc. They were without Fages and Hill as well, big players for them.


Perhaps it’s my crestfallen demeanour at present, inspiration has deserted me :DEPRESSED:
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:11 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Think you are talking the mick, but Hudds are a very good side, said it after they beat us in the cup, very well coached, fit and have a really good mix of experienced players and young ones.

Score some very good trys, wouldn't supeise me to see them play Saints in the GF.


I was at that game Dave, it was also very dull.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
I was at that game Dave, it was also very dull.


It was for us, other way around, we wouldn't say that, if you want alotvof our wins in 2016 and 17, they were a bit dull, but no one cared as we won them.
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:26 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
I don't find Huddersfield dull. Watson is doing a very good job this year, solid across the park with some X factor in Leutele, Pryce etc. They were without Fages and Hill as well, big players for them.



What, teams can win with key personnel missing?

You've spent years telling us it can't be done :lol: :lol:
Re: Hodgson : Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:28 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
It was for us, other way around, we wouldn't say that, if you want alotvof our wins in 2016 and 17, they were a bit dull, but no one cared as we won them.


I remember a challenge cup semi final against Wigan at Doncaster, it was an epic of endeavour and skill, it portrayed our game as it should be played, wonderful entertainment which sticks in the memory bank, dull never say I.

But this season one game I will remember is the Saints v Wigan cup semi it was magnificent, and I’m struggling to think of another game this season which I’ll recall in future.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bonaire, dusty miller, K-Diddy, Marcus's Bicycle, pepos, Yippee try yay and 160 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC