FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 01, 2022 5:51 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
You just won't give Hodgson any credit will you.



He's like a number of other posters on here who's default position is pessimism. Cheer up, there's more of us than there are of them.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 01, 2022 6:22 pm  
In terms of penalties (=6th) and yellow cards (=8th) we are pretty much average in Super League this season.

It would be interesting to see the stats for 'six agains' but I'm not sure they are published anywhere.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 01, 2022 6:26 pm  
....and Saints are top (obviously), for penalties, errors and yellow cards.

Shame the stats come a very poor second to the NRL. Last time I looked there didn't appear to be a detail you couldn't find.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 01, 2022 8:19 pm  
Re: Hodgson : Mon May 02, 2022 7:52 am  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
In terms of penalties (=6th) and yellow cards (=8th) we are pretty much average in Super League this season.

It would be interesting to see the stats for 'six agains' but I'm not sure they are published anywhere.

I’m not sure the Refs know why they give them most of the time.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 22, 2022 4:28 pm  
I know a few don't rate him but he seems to be slowly turning FC around. Early days but our home form has been terrific. Yes he's made mistakes but he's certainly taking us foreard
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 22, 2022 5:05 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
I know a few don't rate him but he seems to be slowly turning FC around. Early days but our home form has been terrific. Yes he's made mistakes but he's certainly taking us foreard


The operative word in the above is "few". Most people are fully behind him and appreciate the good job he's doing. Its the perennial pessimists who have nothing better to do than constantly snipe who are the few that you mention.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 22, 2022 6:46 pm  
I think given that we lost 9 of the last 10 last year we'd have taken the current position after 13 rounds, particularly the home form and the fact we've beaten Wigan, Catalans and Warrington and not really had some of those horrific blow out losses.

Pretty happy with the pack and outside backs and the fact we have some good talent coming through. Halves and attacking structure still the big issue for me when Connor's not "on it". Both in terms of getting the most from what we currently have and what that will look like next year. Team spirit seems good and I think Hodgson is a broad thinker beyond the playing side - fans involvement etc. I think he's OOC next year so wonder whether they're thinking about an extension. Ambiguity and awkward resolution around the coaching position can derail a club pretty quickly so hope this is avoided.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 22, 2022 7:54 pm  
Doing Ok for me although at this time last year we were in a similarly good position, sitting in 5th place. Hopefully no slump as we saw in the second half of 2021 - there were mitigating circumstances of course with Covid and having home games with Leigh and Salford cancelled.

I like the team we are assembling off the field and the academy seems in rude health but it all depends on the first team squad decisions next season. The much hyped Trueman signing looks a good one but what happens with Gale and what are the plans for Jake Connor.
Re: Hodgson : Sun May 22, 2022 8:28 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
I think given that we lost 9 of the last 10 last year we'd have taken the current position after 13 rounds, particularly the home form and the fact we've beaten Wigan, Catalans and Warrington and not really had some of those horrific blow out losses.

Pretty happy with the pack and outside backs and the fact we have some good talent coming through. Halves and attacking structure still the big issue for me when Connor's not "on it". Both in terms of getting the most from what we currently have and what that will look like next year. Team spirit seems good and I think Hodgson is a broad thinker beyond the playing side - fans involvement etc. I think he's OOC next year so wonder whether they're thinking about an extension. Ambiguity and awkward resolution around the coaching position can derail a club pretty quickly so hope this is avoided.


Pretty fair assessment. Some stuff and areas are much improved and likewise there are areas we still seem to be lacking a similar levels of improvement. Think the half backs this season are a cause of concern and not helping Hodgson admittedly.
Still feel he lacks the courage to go with youth over senior players if not performing.
I think the business end of the season will be the biggest test as that is were we have failed to deliver big time the past few seasons.
Home results have been much improved which Is a big tick in the box plus the style/form of play at home has been improving slowly.
Overall I’m happy so far but doesn’t mean I won’t mention things that aren’t so good.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al283, alfmacklin, Mild Rover, Thetalentboy and 217 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC