RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:07 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:07 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 5327
Member for 8 years
hull2524 wrote:
Good piece in HDM by Dan. Sums it up for me. Hodgson not going anywhere by sounds of it. Clear our started and gonna continue.


What clear out?
The club tell us nothing
If the club were serious about a clear out they would try and move on underperforming senior players like Griffin and Taylor and possibly Shaul.Houghton still has a role to play if used correctly
What does it say to a team when the coach makes the laziest,most uninterested player in the team Griffin captain for the day.
Moving Mau on who is one of the best and fittest second rows in the game because of age yet keep a carthorse like Griffin who is only a year younger than Mau doesnt make sense
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:48 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:48 pm  

User avatarUllFC wrote:
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 15847
Member for 18 years
Rumours in Australia saying Holbrook may get yeh sack, the Titans are bottom right now but look at the legacy he left at Saints
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:51 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:51 pm  

User avatarUllFC wrote:
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 15847
Member for 18 years
bonaire wrote:
What clear out?
The club tell us nothing
If the club were serious about a clear out they would try and move on underperforming senior players like Griffin and Taylor and possibly Shaul.Houghton still has a role to play if used correctly
What does it say to a team when the coach makes the laziest,most uninterested player in the team Griffin captain for the day.
Moving Mau on who is one of the best and fittest second rows in the game because of age yet keep a carthorse like Griffin who is only a year younger than Mau doesnt make sense


The club aren't helping themselves with this secretive PR where the whole world knows we've signed Trueman but they don't say a word. Any positive effect on shirt and ticket sales should have come about a month ago, any announcement now will just be met with 'so what? we already know'
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:09 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:09 pm  

User avatarArmavinit wrote:
Armavinit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 1767
Member for 11 years
bonaire wrote:
Maybe that tells us that we really do have a lot of deadwood at the club

For once I agree with you
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 pm  

User avatarArmavinit wrote:
Armavinit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 1767
Member for 11 years
mwindass wrote:
Sack him now and what happens to the recruitment?

Last time we didn't have a coach Shaul got a 3 year deal...

Stick with Hodgson and get rid of the players.

Hodgson’s going nowhere, unfortunately, AP backing him with his recruitment plans for next season. To be fair, after I got over my knee jerk reaction that I always tell others not to, I think it’s the way to go. He’s definitely had a lot to do with the growth of the juniors. Hopefully we’ll reap the reward in the not to distant future.
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 pm  
The Dentist Wilf User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 6900
Member for 17 years
UllFC wrote:
The club aren't helping themselves with this secretive PR where the whole world knows we've signed Trueman but they don't say a word. Any positive effect on shirt and ticket sales should have come about a month ago, any announcement now will just be met with 'so what? we already know'



For me, I couldn't agree more with that I can't remember a time when everything was so secretive at the club. May 1st is well past but we don't know where we are on most re-signings and as you say where we are on signings like Trueman. We hear plenty about shirts and new merchandise but nothing at all about the future or even our owners views on the way forward or the Groundhog Day situation we once again find ourselves in. The new facilities at the University are a massive plus but in the end its the bread and butter what happens on the field that matters to us lot. The PR engagement with the fans is shocking and a lot of people are, its pretty apparent to me, losing interest.
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 pm  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 20204
Member for 19 years
The Dentist Wilf wrote:
For me, I couldn't agree more with that I can't remember a time when everything was so secretive at the club. May 1st is well past but we don't know where we are on most re-signings and as you say where we are on signings like Trueman. We hear plenty about shirts and new merchandise but nothing at all about the future or even our owners views on the way forward or the Groundhog Day situation we once again find ourselves in. The new facilities at the University are a massive plus but in the end its the bread and butter what happens on the field that matters to us lot. The PR engagement with the fans is shocking and a lot of people are, its pretty apparent to me, losing interest.


You don't know why the announcement hasn't been made yet, it might be Trueman's request. It might have been agreed in principle but not signed yet. Not everything is a conspiracy.
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:37 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:37 pm  

User avatarArmavinit wrote:
Armavinit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 1767
Member for 11 years
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
You don't know why the announcement hasn't been made yet, it might be Trueman's request. It might have been agreed in principle but not signed yet. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Wilf’s the last person to accuse him of being a conspiracist. It was a pretty good post imo. It might be that they’re waiting for Wire to announce a signing then domino theory says he’s coming early.
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:44 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:44 pm  

mwindass wrote:
mwindass Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 pm
Posts: 1769
Member for 14 years
Armavinit wrote:
Hodgson’s going nowhere, unfortunately, AP backing him with his recruitment plans for next season. To be fair, after I got over my knee jerk reaction that I always tell others not to, I think it’s the way to go. He’s definitely had a lot to do with the growth of the juniors. Hopefully we’ll reap the reward in the not to distant future.


BH ain't perfect, but he deserves a shot to try and sort things. I'm not sure he'll get the time though, unless we do it all this pre season

I've said previously, we could have Bellamy/Robinson/Wane whoever and this playing group would throw them under the bus.

We've still got the stale, boys club malaise that was allowed under the previous coaching regime. A lot, if not most of those players are still here.

We all know who they are. The 'Hull and Proud' ones that continually let the club down.

All the talk of clear outs are just that though. I feel like Pearson is happy for us to scrape by for the time being.

I'd move on Gale, Shaul, Houghton, Taylor, JJ, Bowden, Ma'u. Griffin is close to that list too.

Don't see it happening though. We're going to have to strap ourselves in for some bumpy seasons.
Re: Hodgson Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 pm  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 20204
Member for 19 years
Armavinit wrote:
Wilf’s the last person to accuse him of being a conspiracist. It was a pretty good post imo. It might be that they’re waiting for Wire to announce a signing then domino theory says he’s coming early but don’t tell Bonaire :lol:


It'll be announced when it's announced. I'm fine with that. We all know it's going to happen. We all know now that Ma'u is on his way to Catalans but the Dragons haven't announced that yet.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acko, B0NES, boardwalkempire4, ComeOnYouUll, Costadelsolbill, DABHAND, Dave K., FoD FC Army, GrahamBray, Greavsie, Hasbag, Irregular Hoops, K-Diddy, McFc, mwindass, Rocknrolla69er, Rugby Raider, Wetherby Whaler, Windy winger, Woods1969 and 434 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
25s
Shopping List 2023
Dave K.
1695
3m
The Millennium Bug
Jack Gaskell
10
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
28873
4m
Props/forwards formation 2023
Gazwire
30
9m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12542
19m
Powell OUT
DallasMead2
740
27m
Chris McQueen & Ashton Goulding
WelshGiant
1
29m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
Once were Lo
626
30m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
fanstanningl
1190
42m
WIGAN
Khlav Kalash
29
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
32s
TV games not Wire
morrisseyisa
361
38s
WIGAN
Khlav Kalash
29
49s
On to Saints
Hasbag
81
56s
Captains run
CHRISS
1
58s
Hoy signs
ComeOnYouUll
85
1m
Rumours and signings v9
MadDogg
24008
1m
Sheffield away
Listenup94
34
1m
Reece lynne
Prince Buste
23
1m
Powell OUT
DallasMead2
740
1m
2023 OUT Tom Briscoe - Released
Neruda
24
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Chris McQueen & Ashton Goulding
WelshGiant
1
TODAY
Captains run
CHRISS
1
TODAY
Thoughts on 24
Levrier
1
TODAY
Harry Rushton
ralvag
4
TODAY
Grand Final Suspensions
LyndsayGill
2
TODAY
How to make Playoffs
ninearches
8
TODAY
Rhinos Crush Robins Play-Off Hopes
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.35Million +41,674 79,18134,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2022-R22
 FT
Hover 
Sydney
32-18
NQL Cowboys
 FT
Hover 
Wests
12-36
Cronulla
 FT
Hover 
Brisbane
28-10
Newcastle
     Super League XXVII-R23

L
I
V
E

 
13:00
Salford
16-0
Huddersfield
UPDATE! Watkins Try, Sneyd Goal
       League One 2022-R19
15:00
West Wales
v
Swinton
 TOMORROW
     Super League XXVII-R23
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
 Fri 19th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Hull FC
v
Wakefield
 Thu 25th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
19:45
Salford
v
Hull FC
 Sun 28th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
Hull FC
v
Toulouse
 Sat 3rd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Aug
SL
LIVE

13:00
Salford16-0Huddersfield
Mon 15th Aug
CH RND: 23
19:45
York-Bradford
Thu 18th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 19th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Hull FC-Wakefield
Wed 24th Aug
SL RND: 25
20:00
Leeds-Huddersfield
Thu 25th Aug
SL RND: 25
19:30
Toulouse-Catalans
Fri 26th Aug
SL RND: 25
20:00
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-SAM
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
JAM-IRE
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
NZ-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
SCO-IRE
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-PNG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WAL-Cook I
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-SCO
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-ITA
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
NZ-JAM
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-IRE
Sat 13th Aug
SL
LIVE
Salford16-0Huddersfield
NRL
LIVE
Sydney32-18NQL Cowboys
NRL
LIVE
Wests12-36Cronulla
NRL
LIVE
Brisbane28-10Newcastle
Fri 12th Aug
SL RND: 23 Castleford18-8Catalans
SL RND: 23 Hull KR20-28Leeds
CH RND: 23 Sheffield26-32Halifax
NRL RND: 22 NZ Warriors42-18Canterbury
NRL RND: 22 Parramatta0-26Souths
Thu 11th Aug
SL RND: 23 Warrington32-18Toulouse
NRL RND: 22 Penrith0-16Melbourne
Sun 7th Aug
SL RND: 22 St.Helens20-12Castleford
SL RND: 22 Leeds34-14Salford
SL RND: 22 Wakefield16-20Catalans
CH RND: 22 Bradford48-18Workington
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury10-22York
CH RND: 22 Leigh52-20Barrow
CH RND: 22 Newcastle0-44LondonB
CH RND: 22 Sheffield38-26Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Widnes16-20Featherstone
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 23
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 22 982 188 794 42
Featherstone 22 834 380 454 37
Halifax 23 701 384 317 34
Batley 22 638 395 243 32
York 22 539 434 105 30
Barrow 22 569 483 86 29
 
Sheffield 23 605 568 37 20
Widnes 22 492 553 -61 20
Bradford 22 457 544 -87 20
Newcastle 22 497 649 -152 15
LondonB 22 434 580 -146 13
Whitehaven 22 356 774 -418 11
Dewsbury 22 285 776 -491 5
Workington 22 232 913 -681 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 19
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 15 669 118 551 30
Crusaders 17 640 308 332 28
Swinton 16 605 263 342 24
Doncaster 16 548 326 222 24
Rochdale 16 588 409 179 22
Hunslet 16 445 364 81 17
 
Oldham 16 443 455 -12 11
LondonS 16 356 579 -223 10
Midlands 16 416 576 -160 8
Cornwall 17 248 716 -468 2
West Wales 17 144 988 -844 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 23
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 22 512 276 236 36
Wigan 22 648 395 253 32
Huddersfield 23 493 396 97 29
Catalans 23 465 387 78 28
Castleford 23 497 502 -5 24
Leeds 23 503 456 47 23
 
Salford 23 539 512 27 22
Hull FC 22 424 513 -89 20
Hull KR 23 406 520 -114 20
Warrington 23 464 569 -105 16
Wakefield 22 375 578 -203 12
Toulouse 23 373 595 -222 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 21 556 319 237 34
Melbourne 21 630 358 272 30
NQL Cowboys 21 537 329 208 30
Cronulla 21 479 342 137 30
Souths 21 546 412 134 26
Brisbane 21 484 415 69 26
Parramatta 21 491 463 28 26
Sydney 21 521 396 125 24
 
Canberra 20 368 401 -33 20
Manly 20 434 442 -8 18
St.George 20 353 487 -134 18
Canterbury 21 356 497 -141 12
NZ Warriors 21 366 579 -213 12
Newcastle 21 308 560 -252 12
Wests 21 314 527 -213 8
Gold Coast 20 322 538 -216 6
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
25s
Shopping List 2023
Dave K.
1695
3m
The Millennium Bug
Jack Gaskell
10
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
28873
4m
Props/forwards formation 2023
Gazwire
30
9m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12542
19m
Powell OUT
DallasMead2
740
27m
Chris McQueen & Ashton Goulding
WelshGiant
1
29m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
Once were Lo
626
30m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
fanstanningl
1190
42m
WIGAN
Khlav Kalash
29
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
32s
TV games not Wire
morrisseyisa
361
38s
WIGAN
Khlav Kalash
29
49s
On to Saints
Hasbag
81
56s
Captains run
CHRISS
1
58s
Hoy signs
ComeOnYouUll
85
1m
Rumours and signings v9
MadDogg
24008
1m
Sheffield away
Listenup94
34
1m
Reece lynne
Prince Buste
23
1m
Powell OUT
DallasMead2
740
1m
2023 OUT Tom Briscoe - Released
Neruda
24
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Chris McQueen & Ashton Goulding
WelshGiant
1
TODAY
Captains run
CHRISS
1
TODAY
Thoughts on 24
Levrier
1
TODAY
Harry Rushton
ralvag
4
TODAY
Grand Final Suspensions
LyndsayGill
2
TODAY
How to make Playoffs
ninearches
8
TODAY
Rhinos Crush Robins Play-Off Hopes
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!