FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - OOC 2022
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 am  
Think we need a Fullback, halfback and Hooker.

Release Shaul, Reynolds, Gale, Ma'u and Houghton.

If Trueman rumours are true he plays halfback with Connor.

Overseas fullback and hooker.

Replace Johnstone and Bowden internally with academy players.

1 New FB
2 Swift
3 Mitch/Wynne/Scott
4 Carlos
5 Mcintosh
6 Connor
7 Truman
8 Evans
9 Lovodua
10 Satae
11 Griffin
12 Savelio
13 Sao

14 Brown/Fash/Taylor
15 as above
16 Lane/Cator
17 New hooker

Go with quality over quantity and start using the academy players, this is the Saints model.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:03 am  
AP was quoted as saying he'd told BH there will be no new players next year, I posted the link but it (my post) was deleted for some unknown reason.
I haven't found the original.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:16 am  
Dave K. wrote:
Think we need a Fullback, halfback and Hooker.

Release Shaul, Reynolds, Gale, Ma'u and Houghton.

If Trueman rumours are true he plays halfback with Connor.

Overseas fullback and hooker.

Replace Johnstone and Bowden internally with academy players.

1 New FB
2 Swift
3 Mitch/Wynne/Scott
4 Carlos
5 Mcintosh
6 Connor
7 Truman
8 Evans
9 Lovodua
10 Satae
11 Griffin
12 Savelio
13 Sao

14 Brown/Fash/Taylor
15 as above
16 Lane/Cator
17 New hooker

Go with quality over quantity and start using the academy players, this is the Saints model.



Personally I'd keep Ma'u, I think playing Griffin in the back row to replace him is a downgrade.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:23 am  
John Davidson pushing the Trueman rumour.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:32 pm  
ccs wrote:
AP was quoted as saying he'd told BH there will be no new players next year, I posted the link but it (my post) was deleted for some unknown reason.
I haven't found the original.


Id doubt that very much, probably be reduction.

If so might as well start blooding young players now and build for 2/3 years.

We have 3/4 underperforming high paid players.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:45 pm  
Wonder how many matchs Gale needs to get a new deal, not sure extending it is in the clubs best interest?
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:53 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Wonder how many matchs Gale needs to get a new deal, not sure extending it is in the clubs best interest?


He hasn't exactly set the world alight so far but I'm willing to give him a run of 5 or 6 games before making a judgement.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:56 pm  
scarrie wrote:
He hasn't exactly set the world alight so far but I'm willing to give him a run of 5 or 6 games before making a judgement.


I think that's fair enough, only play 3 and a bit games, need to impress soon though as don't want to be stuck with him.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:58 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
John Davidson pushing the Trueman rumour.


Not 100% on Truman, the question has to be, is he an improvment on Reynolds and I think he us, looking at thecstats, Truman is superior in attack and particularly defence.

Younger, quicker and probably on less money.

Gives us a quota spot to play with.
Re: OOC 2022 : Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:01 pm  
oooh Gravy! wrote:
Personally I'd keep Ma'u, I think playing Griffin in the back row to replace him is a downgrade.


I like Ma'u,but think it could be a season too long (We kept Manu and Mini a season too long) think we are OK in the bavkrow with Lane, Cator, Savelio, Severs, Griffin and even Sao, his salary and cap could be used a more pivotal position.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belle Vue, BESTY, Google Adsense [Bot], Hasbag, HU8HFC, Irregs#16, oooh Gravy!, Thetalentboy, Woods1969 and 226 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC