RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New stadium?? (not really)
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 am  
WestEndThinker Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 am
Posts: 381
Why do we need a new stadium? We are quite OK where we are, the old Birds Eye site, like Costello, is nowhere near where the club belongs.
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:52 am  
48756c6c20 524c4643 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Posts: 238
WestEndThinker wrote:
Why do we need a new stadium? We are quite OK where we are, the old Birds Eye site, like Costello, is nowhere near where the club belongs.

It's a bit of fun, there's no way the club could move anywhere.

Personally I'd just like to see the Allam's/management company removed and the council to actually take back what is theirs, develop the stadium and surrounding area into a proper community facility and have elected people from the community and local authority involved with equal say as to what happens so that it benefits the city and surrounding communities as much as it could do.
If we didn't have the ball and chain of the Allam's, staying at West Park would be so much more palatable and we wouldn't be talking about having our own ground at all.
We fantasise about having x player but know full well that they wouldn't ever play for us in their prime, that doesn't stop us talking about it.
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:08 pm  

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 5094
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
48756c6c20 524c4643 wrote:
WestEndThinker wrote:
Why do we need a new stadium? We are quite OK where we are, the old Birds Eye site, like Costello, is nowhere near where the club belongs.

It's a bit of fun, there's no way the club could move anywhere.

Personally I'd just like to see the Allam's/management company removed and the council to actually take back what is theirs, develop the stadium and surrounding area into a proper community facility and have elected people from the community and local authority involved with equal say as to what happens so that it benefits the city and surrounding communities as much as it could do.
If we didn't have the ball and chain of the Allam's, staying at West Park would be so much more palatable and we wouldn't be talking about having our own ground at all.
We fantasise about having x player but know full well that they wouldn't ever play for us in their prime, that doesn't stop us talking about it.


Exactly that and the bit in bold is probably how the majority see it.

Unfortunately the SMC should be a totally independent party with its role to provide a top class sports stadium for its two tenants and maximise the potential of the stadium. There would be nothing wrong with having some form of representation by either club as long as they had no decision making power etc.

The problem is with the Allams involved in the SMC they do not have to ability to be totally impartial and fair. The reality as has been proved that they are not adverse of using the stadium as a pawn when it suits.
Until things change and the Allams are no longer involved in the SMC the KCOM will always be a rocky road for Hull FC, fans, people of Hull and the Council as a whole.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:34 pm  
48756c6c20 524c4643 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Posts: 238
Chris71 wrote:
Exactly that and the bit in bold is probably how the majority see it.

Unfortunately the SMC should be a totally independent party with its role to provide a top class sports stadium for its two tenants and maximise the potential of the stadium. There would be nothing wrong with having some form of representation by either club as long as they had no decision making power etc.

The problem is with the Allams involved in the SMC they do not have to ability to be totally impartial and fair. The reality as has been proved that they are not adverse of using the stadium as a pawn when it suits.
Until things change and the Allams are no longer involved in the SMC the KCOM will always be a rocky road for Hull FC, fans, people of Hull and the Council as a whole.

The damage done by SMC/Allam's is massive, not just to FC as a club and the fans but much beyond that, whilst its not been a complete waste, the local authority washing their hands of their asset was shameful and has cost them and the tax payers significant sums year on year. I see it as a constant and gradual asset strip and deliberately and systematically devalue the asset you wish to acquire.
As of October 2020 financial report SMC has £16.2M debt, managed to create another £2M debt last year though that was actually lower than 2019 financial year!
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:15 pm  
The Dentist Wilf User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 6726
48756c6c20 524c4643 wrote:
It's a bit of fun, there's no way the club could move anywhere.

Personally I'd just like to see the Allam's/management company removed and the council to actually take back what is theirs, develop the stadium and surrounding area into a proper community facility and have elected people from the community and local authority involved with equal say as to what happens so that it benefits the city and surrounding communities as much as it could do.
If we didn't have the ball and chain of the Allam's, staying at West Park would be so much more palatable and we wouldn't be talking about having our own ground at all.
We fantasise about having x player but know full well that they wouldn't ever play for us in their prime, that doesn't stop us talking about it.




First of all what a great projection that is and what great home it would make for us. Sadly it will never happen Costello was our best bet, but although a goer at one time, that didn't get that far at all.

As for the bit above in bold that was exactly what happened when the Stadium was first opened I actually attended a lot of meeting with residents and ward councillors from Walton Street Albert Avenue Selby St and St Georges Road as the council gauged what their involvement in the Stadium would be as it was built . They held meetings and social event in the stadium when it opened and there was a certain amount of involvement from the community and I honestly think they appreciated it. They in fact used the sports Hall a lot on a subsidised basis.

There were monthly meetings between the clubs the Council and the community to facilitate the partnership too. Both clubs provided tickets for these groups in the first couple of seasons as well. It was a model community stadium.

The problem was back then that although a lot of the officers and the community wanted the Council to run the venue and manage it there had been a change of political complexion in the City just before the KC was finished and the new Council's policy was that a management Company be put in to run it.

They believed that it was a fine idea in theory as it meant the council could pass on the maintenance of the stadium to the company but that was the sticking point. The Council put it out to tender but in practise there were a lot of new stadiums rock venues and arenas etc coming on stream across the country and none of the major companies felt the KC was a viable proposition to take on. The only solution was for the clubs to run it between them, but Richo didn't want to do it at all it wasn't his thing and so Adam took it on and set up the SMC. The trouble was it wasn't set up as a neutral separate company, economies of scale made it more sensible to set it up as part of Hull City. Back then everything was amiable and everyone got on. We had a 50 year lease (reviewed after 25 years and we should worry about that) and so we were happy with the arrangement. At the time Richo and Adam got on really well and everything ran smoothly it was only when the SMC was sold on with City that the trouble started.

The dream of a community stadium was the ideal principle on which to base the facility which was in any case built with the communities money but it was, as an ethos destined to disappear. As has been said had we had a separate SMC everything would have been fine however without it we have had problems ever since Adam sold City, what's more whilst the current owners of Hull City are in place we always will have them.
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:30 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 4052
Location: Kingston upon Hull
MediumBloke wrote:
Hello!

I've been reading the forum for years but this is my first time posting!
As I can imagine is the case with a lot of us, I've been losing my mind from sheer boredom over lockdown. So as a means to combat the mental slog, I had a go at designing a new stadium! Just a "what if?". I've placed it on the location of the Old Birdseye site on Hessle Road and created a 3D render of Hull around it to give it a bit more perspective. It has a capacity of 17,700 and includes both seating and safe-standing areas.

I'm not sure what the rules are for uploading photos from other sites, but I can't get images to show using the URL codes on here for some reasom. I've put a selection of images in this Google Photos folder if anyone does wanna check it out!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wwb7Hv4GT47afeQx9

Let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions, or if you have a few million lying about!


Fabulous stadium, when we starting it, love this thread, can’t we start a fund to get the ball rolling, there must be some benefactors out there who will contribute, Hull College maybe, they’ve shown interest in helping clubs out.
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:24 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3996
48756c6c20 524c4643 wrote:
The damage done by SMC/Allam's is massive, not just to FC as a club and the fans but much beyond that, whilst its not been a complete waste, the local authority washing their hands of their asset was shameful and has cost them and the tax payers significant sums year on year. I see it as a constant and gradual asset strip and deliberately and systematically devalue the asset you wish to acquire.
As of October 2020 financial report SMC has £16.2M debt, managed to create another £2M debt last year though that was actually lower than 2019 financial year!


Yet they were asking a potential buyer of Hull City 5m for the SMC on top of what the they valued Hull City at
Re: New stadium?? (not really) Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm  
48756c6c20 524c4643 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Posts: 238
bonaire wrote:
Yet they were asking a potential buyer of Hull City 5m for the SMC on top of what the they valued Hull City at

And that £5M includes the debt no doubt, I wonder how much the Allams are taking as salaries from the SMC, either way it's clear from the state of the pitch and the stadium as a whole that they are deliberately and systematically running it down whilst accruing more debt.
The fact the council relinquished all overseeing of the stadium has bitten everyone in the behind, but the insidious and cowardly way the Allams' have acted is beyond reprehension. The KC could have been a proper community asset, something that contributed significantly whilst being at the very least cost neutral.

All of the issues that have cropped up are what makes people feel that we should move away and have our own stadium even if that is impossible. I like the stadium a lot, I think it is near perfect as a rugby stadium aside from maybe having some standing facility in the cop ends, the views are excellent for virtually everyone and the enclosed aspect makes it more inviting than open ended box stadiums as well as weather protection for fans IMO.

it's just massively frustrating and angering how things have panned out due to mismanagement and responsibility relinquishment.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bonaire, Cats13, Hessle Roader, Homenaway, Mr. Zucchini Head, peterr8186, Rocknrolla69er, supersport and 160 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,139,6601,34478,5304,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 18th Apr 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 23rd Apr 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 29th Apr 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sat 8th May 15:00
CC2021
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 17th May 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 23rd May 19:30
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 28th May 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sun 11th Apr
CC RND: 3 Swinton8-32Warrington
CC RND: 3 Leigh18-36Huddersfield
NRL RND: 5 Wests30-34NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 5 Parramatta12-26St.George
Sat 10th Apr
CC RND: 3 Salford68-4Widnes
CC RND: 3 St.Helens26-18Leeds
CC RND: 3 Catalans26-6Wakefield
CC RND: 3 Featherstone14-34Hull FC
NRL RND: 5 Gold Coast42-16Newcastle
NRL RND: 5 Canterbury18-52Melbourne
NRL RND: 5 Sydney26-10Cronulla
Fri 9th Apr
CC RND: 3 York0-26Wigan
NRL RND: 5 NZ Warriors12-13Manly
NRL RND: 5 Penrith30-10Canberra
CC RND: 3 Hull KR32-33Castleford
Thu 8th Apr
NRL RND: 5 Souths35-6Brisbane
Mon 5th Apr
NRL RND: 4 Wests22-36Parramatta
Sun 4th Apr
CH RND: 1 Newcastle30-30Widnes
CH RND: 1 Sheffield50-12Bradford
NRL RND: 4 Newcastle13-22St.George
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 5 140 26 114 10
Sydney 5 160 58 102 8
Souths 5 143 60 83 8
St.George 5 129 87 42 8
Parramatta 5 116 80 36 8
Melbourne 5 140 70 70 6
Gold Coast 5 124 79 45 6
Canberra 5 103 90 13 6
Cronulla 5 104 94 10 4
NZ Warriors 5 93 102 -9 4
Newcastle 5 101 120 -19 4
Brisbane 5 68 127 -59 2
Wests 5 94 160 -66 2
NQL Cowboys 5 70 171 -101 2
Manly 5 47 168 -121 2
Canterbury 5 34 174 -140 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
St.Helens 2 54 6 48 4
Hull FC 2 57 14 43 4
Wigan 2 54 24 30 4
Castleford 2 39 22 17 4
Catalans 2 49 38 11 4
Warrington 2 56 33 23 2
Leeds 2 38 40 -2 2
Huddersfield 2 20 42 -22 0
Hull KR 2 28 54 -26 0
Leigh 2 30 64 -34 0
Wakefield 2 28 62 -34 0
Salford 2 10 64 -54 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Sheffield 1 50 12 38 2
Halifax 1 47 14 33 2
Toulouse 1 21 6 15 2
Featherstone 1 28 18 10 2
Dewsbury 1 17 8 9 2
Oldham 1 28 20 8 2
Newcastle 1 30 30 0 1
Widnes 1 30 30 0 1
Swinton 1 20 28 -8 0
Whitehaven 1 8 17 -9 0
Batley 1 18 28 -10 0
York 1 6 21 -15 0
LondonB 1 14 47 -33 0
Bradford 1 12 50 -38 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X