Disappointing decision.
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:57 pm  

User avatarMrs Barista wrote:
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Welcome back a traditional team. :D

My first reaction was delight at the prospect of a seat rather than the crumbling terraces of Odsal. :lol:
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 pm  

User avatarhull2524 wrote:
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Traditional team . Would rather have seen a yorkshire team but that's just natural. Welcome aboard leigh
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:00 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Mrs Barista wrote:
My first reaction was delight at the prospect of a seat rather than the crumbling terraces of Odsal. :lol:

I wouldn’t of minded any of the candidates, I’ve had some great times at Leigh, mainly in the clubhouse :D
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:05 pm  
Yippee try yay Stevo's Armpit

Think it's the right decision, they seem to have a decent ish squad, good support and a nice ground.
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:51 pm  

User avatarRugby Raider wrote:
Rugby Raider User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I’ve nothing against Leigh, but this is hardly an inspiring decision.

Another club within 10 miles of Saints, Wigan, Warrington and Salford. Let’s stay on the M62 and stick with our declining TV and sponsorship revenues.

They said it was partly because of their stadium. I’d have gone with Toulouse, their stadium and set up looked excellent.
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:07 pm  

ccs wrote:
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Rugby Raider wrote:
I’ve nothing against Leigh, but this is hardly an inspiring decision.

Another club within 10 miles of Saints, Wigan, Warrington and Salford. Let’s stay on the M62 and stick with our declining TV and sponsorship revenues.

They said it was partly because of their stadium. I’d have gone with Toulouse, their stadium and set up looked excellent.

You've studied all the applications in great detail, I assume?
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:13 pm  

Offy1865 wrote:
Offy1865 Stevo's Armpit

Few points.

With a lot of people talking about expanding the sport. I think we should first make the sport and the clubs we already have strong. Get them in a good position, financially, with sponsorships etc build on what we already have. Once that has been done, 2/3 strong divisions, with proper league structure, such as promotion and relegation. Ince that's done, only then look to expand.

I wont try to know finances of the clubs that applied for the super league.
But for me, which ever club has the best financial backing, with money to spend on the squad to be competitive, who will have fans that will attend home and away games (when allowed to) bringing something to our sport. Whichever club can afford to run an academy team (when they decide to run one again), then they would get my vote. Whether that be Leigh (which we now know it is) york (who I would've liked) or Bradford etc.
Re: It’s Leigh Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:16 pm  
WestEndThinker Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Offy1865 wrote:
Few points.

With a lot of people talking about expanding the sport. I think we should first make the sport and the clubs we already have strong. Get them in a good position, financially, with sponsorships etc build on what we already have. Once that has been done, 2/3 strong divisions, with proper league structure, such as promotion and relegation. Ince that's done, only then look to expand.

I wont try to know finances of the clubs that applied for the super league.
But for me, which ever club has the best financial backing, with money to spend on the squad to be competitive, who will have fans that will attend home and away games (when allowed to) bringing something to our sport. Whichever club can afford to run an academy team (when they decide to run one again), then they would get my vote. Whether that be Leigh (which we now know it is) york (who I would've liked) or Bradford etc.

If taking fans away to games was in the criteria Huddersfield and Wigan would get booted out!
Next