WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Albert Kelly
Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:42 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Be gutted if Albo stays in Super League and signs for another club.
I thought he was definitely returning to Australia but conjecture reports that Leigh and now two Super League clubs have spoken with him.
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:59 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bonaire wrote:
Be gutted if Albo stays in Super League and signs for another club.
I thought he was definitely returning to Australia but conjecture reports that Leigh and now two Super League clubs have spoken with him.

Same here. If he's changed his mind surely the club will offer him a new contract.
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:02 pm  

ccs wrote:
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

.... I doubt we can afford him.
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:08 pm  

bonaire wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
Same here. If he's changed his mind surely the club will offer him a new contract.

Some supporters will say its rubbish but i think Radford giving the six shirt to Connor and then been dropped into the reserves really got to him.
Like you wish he would stay but i dont think he will be happy whilst Connor is around and Connor wont be happy been shipped into centre or full back when needs must
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:09 pm  

bonaire wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

ccs wrote:
.... I doubt we can afford him.

Should be able to if we get a fee for Jones
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:12 pm  

ccs wrote:
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

bonaire wrote:
Should be able to if we get a fee for Jones

When you're trying to reduce expenditure, you don't spend what you've just saved.
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:32 pm  

User avatarMrs Barista wrote:
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bonaire wrote:
Some supporters will say its rubbish but i think Radford giving the six shirt to Connor and then been dropped into the reserves really got to him.
Like you wish he would stay but i dont think he will be happy whilst Connor is around and Connor wont be happy been shipped into centre or full back when needs must

I don't know what evidence you have of him being so upset but I guess it's possible. What are you advocating? Retaining Kelly or Connor?
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:15 pm  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bonaire wrote:

Doesn't seem very likely. Anyway all his appearances this year have been in the starting XIII.

Do you think he'll insist on being a number 6 at another club? Do you think he'd rather wear the number 6 shirt for Leigh in the Championship than the number 14 shirt for Hull in Super League?
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm  

bonaire wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

ccs wrote:
When you're trying to reduce expenditure, you don't spend what you've just saved.

This is a professional Super League club.Top clubs dont stand still and just work with the squad they have.
Hull will be bringing in one or two players for next season according to Adam Pearson.
The club announced they had agreed with Jones to stay this season but i fully expect him to move on and should hopefully result in a reasonable fee.
I agree lots of things up in the air and Pearson will be keeping his fingers crossed that most passholders will renew and there are no restrictions on the number of spectators allowed in the ground
Re: Albert Kelly Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 pm  

bonaire wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

Mrs Barista wrote:
I don't know what evidence you have of him being so upset but I guess it's possible. What are you advocating? Retaining Kelly or Connor?

I dont have any evidence but put yourself in a similar working situation most people would be upset
Next