WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Jones departure already

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Jones departure already

Re: Jones departure already
Post Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm
Posted by number 6 on Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 155
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 11014
NSW wrote:
Scott Taylor



still travelled to salford didnt he? got on with the job until he was free to join fc
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 am
Posted by ComeOnYouUll on Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 am
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 477
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18671
NSW wrote:
Scott Taylor


So what? That doesn't invalidate my point. Anyway Taylor played out his two year contract for you.
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 6:24 am
Posted by IR80 on Tue May 12, 2020 6:24 am
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 584
Rep Position: 4th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1916
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
So what? That doesn't invalidate my point. Anyway Taylor played out his two year contract for you.

have you ever known NSW to have a point?
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 6:59 am
Posted by Plateface on Tue May 12, 2020 6:59 am
Plateface User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 55
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:23 pm
Posts: 547
Location: no where near east hull
NSW last seen scuttling off into the undergrowth.
Born Black and White
Die Black and White

Hull will give us a tough game but the key is to silence their fans in the Threepenny Stand.We have to do this because if we do'nt they will get behind their side and lift them in a way you've never seen,heard or witnessed before.
Frank Stanton. Coach to the 1982 "Untouchables" Aussie team. 1982 "
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 am
Posted by al283 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 am
al283 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 36
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 375
Just sad I think, he would have been awesome in a normal season and with effective coaching, BUT we don't have either,

Can see the logic in letting him go, but this will weaken us & strengthen one of the true BIG clubs.

Just really hope this will be the end of it, would be gutted if other big names 'allowed' to walk. We will be back to where we were but with added issues of the flaming virus, no coach & many top players OOC. Really feel for AP as circumstances conspiring spectacularly against him, fingers crossed he can manoeuvre a way forward where the undoubted momentum created doesn't disappear.
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 pm
Posted by The Dentist Wilf on Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 pm
The Dentist Wilf User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 6644
Fact is many of us who have been around all this a long time sort of think that this sort of thing doesn't usually happen unless said player has got somewhere else to go and so I think it will be with jones. In short who would be surprised if he has been tapped up and if he has then we want a big transfer fee. However the fact Clubs are in a financial position to be able to entice players away does for me raise another issue.

For me, although you can't blame players looking to their futures if their contracts are running out, I think that the RL should have put an embargo on any players moving or signing new contracts and frozen the whole situation whilst players are under furlough and until the future of the game and the length of this season was sorted. At present there are a lot of clubs like our own who are struggling to keep going day to day and who therefore daren't commit to new contracts and bring in new players, because of their uncertain financial futures. However there are a few Clubs whose beniffactors are so well off they will feel they know they will survive whatever and can move on such things with some certainty but in doing so they are doing it at the expense of other those Clubs in the competition. That hardly seems fair to me.
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 4:19 pm
Posted by IR80 on Tue May 12, 2020 4:19 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 584
Rep Position: 4th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1916
The Dentist Wilf wrote:
Fact is many of us who have been around all this a long time sort of think that this sort of thing doesn't usually happen unless said player has got somewhere else to go and so I think it will be with jones. In short who would be surprised if he has been tapped up and if he has then we want a big transfer fee. However the fact Clubs are in a financial position to be able to entice players away does for me raise another issue.

For me, although you can't blame players looking to their futures if their contracts are running out, I think that the RL should have put an embargo on any players moving or signing new contracts and frozen the whole situation whilst players are under furlough and until the future of the game and the length of this season was sorted. At present there are a lot of clubs like our own who are struggling to keep going day to day and who therefore daren't commit to new contracts and bring in new players, because of their uncertain financial futures. However there are a few Clubs whose beniffactors are so well off they will feel they know they will survive whatever and can move on such things with some certainty but in doing so they are doing it at the expense of other those Clubs in the competition. That hardly seems fair to me.

Now Mr Wilf, you raise another huge question, what are the rules of furlough exactly? IF Mr Jones works for FC then he cannot move on now, otherwise he is "voluntarily relinquishing a paid, furloughed position of employment", IF his agent gets paid then, it is to be hoped, he hasn't furloughed himself previously. Likewise, who from Warrington (for sake of argument.) has signed him, on what basis? Can an entity, with furloughed employees and in receipt of grant loans also pay fees and renumeration to a furloughed individual?
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 5:06 pm
Posted by bonaire on Tue May 12, 2020 5:06 pm
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 699
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3560
IR80 wrote:
Now Mr Wilf, you raise another huge question, what are the rules of furlough exactly? IF Mr Jones works for FC then he cannot move on now, otherwise he is "voluntarily relinquishing a paid, furloughed position of employment", IF his agent gets paid then, it is to be hoped, he hasn't furloughed himself previously. Likewise, who from Warrington (for sake of argument.) has signed him, on what basis? Can an entity, with furloughed employees and in receipt of grant loans also pay fees and renumeration to a furloughed individual?



See your point but it wont make any difference to Jones moving on.
Warrington seems to be the club he will go to.
Maybe pave the way for BMM to make an early return to Australia.
Whatever happens we should get a six figure fee,

I just wish we could get a coach into the club.
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 6:01 pm
Posted by Rocknrolla69er on Tue May 12, 2020 6:01 pm
Rocknrolla69er Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 145
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:12 am
Posts: 311
Weve got one in Purtill

The way Pearson spoke of him i honestly thought he was being lined up to replace Radford anyway. I found it odd he seemed to take over the reserves and sounds came out he wasn't as involved in restructuring our attack as made out.

Spoke of highly within the game and one of the most highly qualified , plays an attacking brand of rugby.

Would people be happy with him?

I thought he d be a better choice than Last who i think would continue the millstone that is the club hull mentality
Re: Jones departure already
Post Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 pm
Posted by number 6 on Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 pm
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 155
Rep Position: th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 11014
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Weve got one in Purtill

The way Pearson spoke of him i honestly thought he was being lined up to replace Radford anyway. I found it odd he seemed to take over the reserves and sounds came out he wasn't as involved in restructuring our attack as made out.

Spoke of highly within the game and one of the most highly qualified , plays an attacking brand of rugby.

Would people be happy with him?

I thought he d be a better choice than Last who i think would continue the millstone that is the club hull mentality



id give Purtill the job til the end of the season (when that will be)...he is the nearest person we have at the club who hasnt been here for a while, hopefully he wont have the same failings as radofrd when picking players......or his mates!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 48756c6c20 524c4643, bonaire, ComeOnYouUll, Greavsie, Jake the Peg, K-Diddy, Windy winger and 72 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,046,80886678,1114,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)