WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Contract Talks & FCs Future

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Contract Talks & FCs Future

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:29 am  
WestEndThinker Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Sebasteeno wrote:
And this is why we'll never be a top club

indeed, too much sentiment, if the contract isn't signed we can walk away, suited Crooke!
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 am  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

If he hasnt signed it, I would be withdrawing it,committment is a two way thing, if he was desperate to stay he would have signed by now.

I don't think his performances have warranted a new deal and to pay him for nearly a year for nothing when we are short of cash is madness.

This is why we need an outside coach to make decisions on performances rather than sentiment.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 am  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Dave K. wrote:
If he hasnt signed it, I would be withdrawing it,committment is a two way thing, if he was desperate to stay he would have signed by now.

I don't think his performances have warranted a new deal and to pay him for nearly a year for nothing when we are short of cash is madness.

This is why we need an outside coach to make decisions on performances rather than sentiment.

I seem to remember reading, Jamie said early in the year, he wanted to stay at the club he loves, and the contract will take care of itself, something along those lines.

So withdrawal of said contract would be a pretty heartless thing to do now.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:46 am  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
I seem to remember reading, Jamie said early in the year, he wanted to stay at the club he loves, and the contract will take care of itself, something along those lines.

So withdrawal of said contract would be a pretty heartless thing to do now.

Then it doesn't make sense to not signing it then, just in case something like this happens.

It would be harsh, but if we dont get fans in the club are going to be in massive trouble, worst case we go bust, but even if we can survive its going to be tight and having a player on a 6 figure salary sat on the sidelines isnt what we need, I'd certainly be looking at negotiating his salary for next year.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am  
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Dave K. wrote:
Then it doesn't make sense to not signing it then, just in case something like this happens.

It would be harsh, but if we dont get fans in the club are going to be in massive trouble, worst case we go bust, but even if we can survive its going to be tight and having a player on a 6 figure salary sat on the sidelines isnt what we need, I'd certainly be looking at negotiating his salary for next year.

Since when did sense and rugby league go together. :D
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm  

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If Shaul has had a contract offer on the table from the club then why hasn't he signed it? If he had then no problem, if the club hadn't actually put an official offer in writing but agreed verbally and in principle then I can see why they'd honour this.

However if they had and he hadn't signed it because he felt the deal wasn't good enough etc then that's just unfortunate on his part and the club would be under no obligation to stand by the offer.

Just because its sport it makes no difference, I once had a contract offered on a job that I wasn't sure of and didnt sign it then my circumstances changed due to illness which meant I then lost out on the contract. I had no complaints as I hadn't signed when I should have to secure my future, thats just life.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm  
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Chris71 wrote:
If Shaul has had a contract offer on the table from the club then why hasn't he signed it? If he had then no problem, if the club hadn't actually put an official offer in writing but agreed verbally and in principle then I can see why they'd honour this.

However if they had and he hadn't signed it because he felt the deal wasn't good enough etc then that's just unfortunate on his part and the club would be under no obligation to stand by the offer.

Just because its sport it makes no difference, I once had a contract offered on a job that I wasn't sure of and didnt sign it then my circumstances changed due to illness which meant I then lost out on the contract. I had no complaints as I hadn't signed when I should have to secure my future, thats just life.

No one has said the club were under any obligation.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:41 pm  

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
No one has said the club were under any obligation.

Not saying they have, all I’m saying is the club would be under no obligation.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:14 am  
Irregular Hoops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:36 am  
Marcus's Bicycle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Irregular Hoops wrote:
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/hastings-to-stay-at-wigan-despite-interest-from-nrl-and-super-league-34578/

I find that hard to believe!
PreviousNext