WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Contract Talks & FCs Future

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Contract Talks & FCs Future

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:15 pm  

User avatarBombed Out wrote:
Bombed Out User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

the artist wrote:
all this talk of half backs - i think our problems start in the forwards. Throughout history successful FC teams have always had a big tough pack with plenty of go forward and hitting hard in defence. i don't remotely see that with our current team

halves need a platform and a screen to play behind, they don't get that with the current team, we are on the back foot too much

It's not the forwards but rather our defensive structure I feel.

We wait for the opposition to come to us all too often, giving all the momentum to them in collision.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 pm  
MorningGlory23 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Bombed Out wrote:
[/b]

We wait for the opposition to come to us all too often, giving all the momentum to them in collision.

It annoys me so much, slowest defensive line speed in the league for seasons now, and the poorest goal line defence to match, really is depressing! Thank god for the NRL
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm  

User avatarthe artist wrote:
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bombed Out wrote:
[/b]

Good point - combiination of both i think. You need the coaching and structure but also the players who are willing to put that extra bit of effort in to have a fast line speed, perhaps expecting a few hard collisions as a result
The referee's indecision is final
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:35 am  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

I think our forwards (Props and backrowers), our main issues are the pivots, FB, halfback (Sneyd and Connor) and hooker. I still think a coach coach like Watson would address and improve some of these players, so that has to be the priority.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:45 am  
WestEndThinker Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Dave K. wrote:
I think our forwards (Props and backrowers), our main issues are the pivots, FB, halfback (Sneyd and Connor) and hooker. I still think a coach coach like Watson would address and improve some of these players, so that has to be the priority.

Whilst the Covid issue, and associated reduced income, continues I can't see AP investing more, and I can't blame him for not doing so, too much uncertainty, our season js over, just making up the numbers for Sky now I am afraid.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:35 am  

Dave K. wrote:
100% League Network

Is Myler out of contract at Leeds, had he signed for Torronto? He would be a good signing for us IMO.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 am  

Dave K. wrote:
100% League Network

Scrap that signed a two year deal last month. Gareth O Brien would be one I'd look at, good player, versatile and would be relatively cheap. Other than that I guess we would have to look at NRL if we want a new halfback.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 am  
Irregular Hoops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Pretty sure Myler got a new deal with Leeds in the end.

Our squad needs balancing a bit better. Think finances will unfortunately dictate some of that though, as with most teams next year.
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:56 am  
MorningGlory23 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Dave K. wrote:
Scrap that signed a two year deal last month. Gareth O Brien would be one I'd look at, good player, versatile and would be relatively cheap. Other than that I guess we would have to look at NRL if we want a new halfback.

BENJI!!! 2nd highest assists in the NRL regular season
Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:03 pm  

Dave K. wrote:
100% League Network

[quote="MorningGlory23"]BENJI!!! 2nd highest assists in the NRL regular season[/quot :CRAZY: e]

Not for me, too old and certainly too expensive.
PreviousNext