WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2020 Line-Up
Re: 2020 Line-Up Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 am  

User avatarJake the Peg wrote:
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28901
Connor needs to get his head sorted or his career will pass him by. I can see radford playing Jones through the middle to fit mau, savelio and Griffin in when everyone is fit. Sao to move to prop
Re: 2020 Line-Up Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:47 am  

User avatarUllFC wrote:
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 15411
Connor has been poor for Britain but so have almost all the touring squad. It is a concern that we have a high paid, talented player but we dont know where the play him next year though.

He's ineffective at 6, lost his form at centre, might do some damage off the bench on a hot day, but we have months of games in cold weather first.
Re: 2020 Line-Up Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:59 am  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18907
IR80 wrote:
No idea, didn't think the club had said about Cap/Vice, likewise squad numbers?


I wouldn't expect an announcement on the captaincy unless it was changing so I presume it's as per 2019 with Houghton as captain and Taylor vice-captain.

Personally I think it's an issue as I feel we lack that on-field leader. Even more so now with the loss of Mini and Manu.

Squad numbers I'd expect in the next week or so.
Re: 2020 Line-Up Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:05 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2215
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
I wouldn't expect an announcement on the captaincy unless it was changing so I presume it's as per 2019 with Houghton as captain and Taylor vice-captain.

Personally I think it's an issue as I feel we lack that on-field leader. Even more so now with the loss of Mini and Manu.

Squad numbers I'd expect in the next week or so.


Do we read anything in to the fact it is always Taylor in the HDM, I cannot remember the last time I saw an article around Houghton?
Re: 2020 Line-Up Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:08 pm  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19790
Location: Back in Hull.
UllFC wrote:
Connor has been poor for Britain but so have almost all the touring squad. It is a concern that we have a high paid, talented player but we dont know where the play him next year though.

He's ineffective at 6, lost his form at centre, might do some damage off the bench on a hot day, but we have months of games in cold weather first.


He really needs to shine in the pre season games, at the moment I'd have him on the bench at best.

Think his form is off totally, (centre and stand off) but I've seen him have some great games at 6, so dont think he is ineffective at all, no halfback would have stood out our last few games, in fact Sneyd was worst than Connor IMO.

Needs to get his head right and battle hard for his place.
Re: 2020 Line-Up Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:11 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3795
Dave K. wrote:
He really needs to shine in the pre season games, at the moment I'd have him on the bench at best.

Think his form is off totally, (centre and stand off) but I've seen him have some great games at 6, so dont think he is ineffective at all, no halfback would have stood out our last few games, in fact Sneyd was worst than Connor IMO.

Needs to get his head right and battle hard for his place.



He has been very poor so far in a GB shirt but in his defence has hardly seen any ball come his way.
Some of his efforts to tackle wont do him any favours.
Although Jake is our player i have to say i really dont think he is International standard and when the current coach goes cant see a future UK coach including him in the team.
He wont like it but it looks like he will be moved around again in the team to cover half back,centre and full back.
Personally i like him at right centre partnering Ratu but will he have enough to keep Fonua or Tuimavave out of the centre positions i dont think so.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellyboy, Cardiff_05, Chris71, ComeOnYouUll, fosdyke99, Greavsie, K-Diddy, Marcus's Bicycle, Mr. Zucchini Head, oooh Gravy!, scarrie, swissfan, The FC Aces, WestEndThinker and 127 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,087,2691,17378,2964,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X