WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Connor
Re: Connor Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:43 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3893
BESTY wrote:
I fully agree. When Kelly plays, Connor at centre with early ball is very dangerous, particularly paired with Kelly down the same side and Ratu outside of him. If no kelly then play him at 6. Keep Shaul as he is and get our pack dominant again and he'll shine. Connor Wynne will be a natural successor to Shaul in a couple of years with the added bonus that he'll have better hands than Shaul when linking up.


No coincidence that Ratu,s form has dropped since Connor was moved from right centre.
We need to get him back there ASAP.
Tuimavave back to his best position at left centre which will bolster the defence on the left edge
Re: Connor Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm  

BESTY wrote:
BESTY Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:40 am
Posts: 2518
bonaire wrote:
No coincidence that Ratu,s form has dropped since Connor was moved from right centre.
We need to get him back there ASAP.
Tuimavave back to his best position at left centre which will bolster the defence on the left edge


I do sometimes wonder if Radfords holding a bit back for the business end, i'm hoping so.
easty wrote"If you want to watch the best R.L players in the country then at the moment you'll be choosing Leeds or Hull F.C. If you want to watch your R.L in one of the best stadiums in the country you'll be again wanting Hull F.C."
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 am  

User avatarbarton baird wrote:
barton baird User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 12240
Location: south of Hull.
Seen somewhere he has signed for Leeds?
BLACK AND WHITES



East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:48 am  

User avatarArmavinit wrote:
Armavinit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 1313
barton baird wrote:
Seen somewhere he has signed for Leeds?

Mentioned on “Recruitment “ thread yesterday and poo pooed by Clarky, apparently.
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 am  

User avatarbarton baird wrote:
barton baird User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 12240
Location: south of Hull.
Armavinit wrote:
Mentioned on “Recruitment “ thread yesterday and poo pooed by Clarky, apparently.

Hope so. :PRAY: Thanks for that, never thought of recruitment thread, Doh.
BLACK AND WHITES



East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:29 pm  

Wilde 3 wrote:
Wilde 3 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 7019
Ok, hearing he might be off. Seems the disagreement between Connor and Taylor carried on into the night
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm  

User avatarJake the Peg wrote:
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28901
Wilde 3 wrote:
Ok, hearing he might be off. Seems the disagreement between Connor and Taylor carried on into the night


One way to force the issue if you want out of the club I guess. cross taylor and you'll be sold at a discounted rate within the week
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:41 pm  
The Chin's Back User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:04 pm
Posts: 900
Location: living in the shadow of tonie carroll's chin
Wilde 3 wrote:
Ok, hearing he might be off. Seems the disagreement between Connor and Taylor carried on into the night


What has supposedly gone off between Connor and Taylor ?(a pm if you can't say on here)
I rate Connor very highly and would have him at the Rhinos, but he seems to blow hot and cold if things don't go his way

Would you guys accept him going if you got a decent transfer fee for him?
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:46 pm  

User avatarJake the Peg wrote:
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28901
The Chin's Back wrote:
What has supposedly gone off between Connor and Taylor ?(a pm if you can't say on here)
I rate Connor very highly and would have him at the Rhinos, but he seems to blow hot and cold if things don't go his way

Would you guys accept him going if you got a decent transfer fee for him?



I don't think we have a say in it TBH.

He's a great player but needs to be played in the centre for the next 2 or 3 years then move into the halves a la schofield and lyon. Unless you dump off a big chunk of cap I doubt leeds can afford him. Only rovers have enough cap space for next year. No talk of him blowing hot and cold when he was playing centre week in, week out and the best coach on the planet plays him here for England
Re: Connor Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:08 pm  
The Chin's Back User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:04 pm
Posts: 900
Location: living in the shadow of tonie carroll's chin
Jake the Peg wrote:
I don't think we have a say in it TBH.
He's a great player but needs to be played in the centre for the next 2 or 3 years then move into the halves a la schofield and lyon.

A very fair assessment Jake and I guess that time will tell if he has had his head turned
Jake the Peg wrote:
Unless you dump off a big chunk of cap I doubt leeds can afford him. Only rovers have enough cap space for next year.

IMO Rhinos will be shedding plenty of cap space over the next 24 months and we all know how back loaded contracts work! :wink:

Connor is a maverick type of player that can play anywhere in a side and he just needs to get his hands on the ball as often as possible in order for him to make things happen and you're probably right that at the minute he is a centre or full back but is he a luxury player for you that you can cover?

I would play Connor at 6/7 at Leeds
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armavinit, Boardwalkempire2, Cardiff_05, ComeOnYouUll, dandaman, edinburgh yorkie, FC chucky, Greavsie, hs98, Irregular Hoops, K-Diddy, Magic Superbeetle, Marcus's Bicycle, Mike1970, MorningGlory23, mwindass, Offy1865, oooh Gravy!, Raggytash, Rocknrolla69er, swissfan, themightynortherner, Yippee try yay and 190 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,104,7011,43278,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X