WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Mark Minichello - 400 first grade games

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Mark Minichello - 400 first grade games

Mark Minichello - 400 first grade games
Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm
Posted by Stanley Unwin on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm
Stanley Unwin Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 278th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm
Posts: 1776
Was just looking at Mini's stats and realised he is on 399 first grade games.

Internationals - 6
NSW City - 5
NRL - 263
Hull FC - 125

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/playe ... mmary.html

That's some career - He's still one of the fittest on the pitch I reckon. Really shows what can be done with the right fitness regime to prolongue a career. Some were saying he was past it when he signed for us, but he certainly showed he didn't come for a holiday.
Posted by MorningGlory23 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:03 pm
MorningGlory23 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 194
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm
Posts: 361
Stanley Unwin wrote:
Was just looking at Mini's stats and realised he is on 399 first grade games.

Internationals - 6
NSW City - 5
NRL - 263
Hull FC - 125

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/playe ... mmary.html

That's some career - He's still one of the fittest on the pitch I reckon. Really shows what can be done with the right fitness regime to prolongue a career. Some were saying he was past it when he signed for us, but he certainly showed he didn't come for a holiday.

Been a class act, I'd give him another year if he wanted it, but is looking unlikely
Posted by bonaire on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 pm
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 500
Rep Position: 35th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3297
MorningGlory23 wrote:
Been a class act, I'd give him another year if he wanted it, but is looking unlikely


no he needs to go but he is certainly putting some effort in his recent games
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:32 pm
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 650
Rep Position: 19th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
bonaire wrote:
no he needs to go but he is certainly putting some effort in his recent games



Correct, it’s the measure of the guy, outstanding professional, and unbelievable how fit he is, him and Sika, two fabulous outstanding overseas players, their replacements have big boots to fill.
Posted by ComeOnYouUll on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 pm
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 316
Rep Position: 79th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18475
bonaire wrote:
no he needs to go but he is certainly putting some effort in his recent games


Very disrespectful.

I imagine he'll be hanging his boots up at the end of the year. What a great servant he's been for us, one of our best ever overseas signings, certainly in the Super League era.

He'll leave as one of the 2016 heroes that created history and I hope he can leave on another high.
Posted by Mrs Barista on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:23 pm
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 464
Rep Position: 41st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 27164
Location: West Yorkshire
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Very disrespectful.

I imagine he'll be hanging his boots up at the end of the year. What a great servant he's been for us, one of our best ever overseas signings, certainly in the Super League era.

He'll leave as one of the 2016 heroes that created history and I hope he can leave on another high.


Fully agree on all counts, him clamping his body round the loose ball on the hooter in 2016 was an unforgettable moment. One of the Wembley Immortals, he will be much missed.
Posted by Jake the Peg on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 596
Rep Position: 21st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28682
I saw on the sl show the other day that wilkin has played 500 games which is pretty amazing in this day and age
Posted by the artist on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 151
Rep Position: 161st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:40 pm
Posts: 6518
Location: At the cider bus, Worthy Farm, Somerset
i think in years to come we will look back on 2016 to 2019 and think, yeah we had a decent clutch of overseas players there - fonua, carlos, manu and mini
The referee's indecision is final
Posted by C for Cuckoo on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:11 pm
C for Cuckoo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 272nd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3144
Location: Hull
the artist wrote:
i think in years to come we will look back on 2016 to 2019 and think, yeah we had a decent clutch of overseas players there - fonua, carlos, manu and mini

Talanoa and Kelly.

And Michaels if we are having a party.
Posted by Irregular Hoops on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:08 pm
Irregular Hoops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 180
Rep Position: 140th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:30 pm
Posts: 2972
Location: Kingston upon Hull F.C.
As Mrs B says, one of the immortals. I must have replayed him diving on the ball at the end a thousand times.

I was sceptical of his signing initially, which just proves how little I know.

Still completes every training session as well apparently. Great role model to have around the club.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hs98, Jake the Peg, Mick Cranes Sidestep, MSN [Bot], themightynortherner and 102 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,4951,65477,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





34