WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment 2020
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 6:53 am
Posted by WIZEB on Thu May 16, 2019 6:53 am
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 379
Rep Position: 56th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10947
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Mrs Barista wrote:


I've got visions of JTP doing those David Byrne dance moves in the video.
Same as it ever was.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 am
Posted by Jake the Peg on Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 am
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 599
Rep Position: 20th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
WIZEB wrote:
I've got visions of JTP doing those David Byrne dance moves in the video.
Same as it ever was.


I have visions of you and the coffee woman sharing a bottle of white lightening on wiv seafront :lol:
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 am
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 am
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 655
Rep Position: 18th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Jake the Peg wrote:
I have visions of you and the coffee woman sharing a bottle of white lightening on wiv seafront :lol:


Your avin some strange dreams and visions lately Jake.

https://youtu.be/5IsSpAOD6K8
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 am
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 am
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 281
Rep Position: 85th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11596
Mrs Barista wrote:


Some of our fans do have a history of writing off new signings before they have had a chance, but this isn't a good comparison.

Tuimavave was an unknown to most people when he signed. Looking down that thread most of the criticisms were based on his lack of first grade games or the fact that he was seen as a utility when we needed a specialist centre. Nobody had much of a idea on him as a player because most had never seen him play before.

I think everyone is pretty familiar with Swift. I've seen him play plenty of times. I know what he is about. I think he is a decent winger. Not a great one, but ok. I don't think he is as good as Faraimo or Ratu. If we didn't have other options for the wing then I would be saying it would be a good move. He would be good backup and would provide a bit of competition to the starters. But when you are trying to maximise the salary cap, I just don't see the point. Now if Matty Dawson Jones was moving on that would be different.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 7:28 am
Posted by Dave K. on Thu May 16, 2019 7:28 am
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 377
Rep Position: 57th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19491
Location: Back in Hull.
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Some of our fans do have a history of writing off new signings before they have had a chance, but this isn't a good comparison.

Tuimavave was an unknown to most people when he signed. Looking down that thread most of the criticisms were based on his lack of first grade games or the fact that he was seen as a utility when we needed a specialist centre. Nobody had much of a idea on him as a player because most had never seen him play before.

I think everyone is pretty familiar with Swift. I've seen him play plenty of times. I know what he is about. I think he is a decent winger. Not a great one, but ok. I don't think he is as good as Faraimo or Ratu. If we didn't have other options for the wing then I would be saying it would be a good move. He would be good backup and would provide a bit of competition to the starters. But when you are trying to maximise the salary cap, I just don't see the point. Now if Matty Dawson Jones was moving on that would be different.


Decent post, although too far to early IMo to say that about Ratu, he has started well, but still has a way to go, hopefully he will turn out as good as Paul Sterling was. It's a squad game now and he will provide great competition of for the other two, I'm not sure Dawson will do that.

I think we need 4 recognised wingers, this season against Wakey we had 3 wingers out.

I don't see the big deal, no one knows how much he will be on and if this will affect the recruitment of key forwards, Radford and Pearson will have done the numbers and think they can sign 4 forwards plus Swift within our cap, then we have to trust them.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 7:33 am
Posted by scarrie on Thu May 16, 2019 7:33 am
scarrie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 55
Rep Position: 244th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 208

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:56 pm
Posts: 3676
Location: Hull
It's impossible to judge recruitment until we have a clearer picture of who is leaving and staying.
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer"
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am
Posted by Mrs Barista on Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 470
Rep Position: 39th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 27246
Location: West Yorkshire
WIZEB wrote:
I've got visions of JTP doing those David Byrne dance moves in the video.
Same as it ever was.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=600561&start=49
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 8:21 am
Posted by al283 on Thu May 16, 2019 8:21 am
al283 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 274th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 355
All of this just shows the complexities & challenges they face in recruitment. I suggest the club are best placed to decide as they know what contracts are in place, what those ooc want, and what newbies are looking for.

I just really really hope this time we get it right, this is our biggest opportunity for squad overhaul for years, decisions made will impact not just next season but the next two as well.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 8:21 am
Posted by Dave K. on Thu May 16, 2019 8:21 am
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 377
Rep Position: 57th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19491
Location: Back in Hull.
scarrie wrote:
It's impossible to judge recruitment until we have a clearer picture of who is leaving and staying.


Exactly, winger is least of our worries.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Thu May 16, 2019 8:24 am
Posted by al283 on Thu May 16, 2019 8:24 am
al283 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 274th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 355
:lol: Oh and a crystal ball or mystic meg would be really useful acquisitions as well !
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ellam, Greavsie, hull2524, paperboy, Raggytash, Windy winger and 88 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,977,6991,74077,8824,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 23rd Feb 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Thu 12th Mar 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 19th Mar 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
Fri 10th Apr 12:30
SL
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Sat 18th Apr 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
HULL FC
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Thu 14th May 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sat 23rd May 19:30
SL
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 30th May 15:00
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





34