WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment 2020
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 641
Rep Position: 18th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Well I’ve been admonished by a couple of respected posters on the club offering a statement on Jake, It won’t happen apparently, time will tell.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:06 pm
Posted by Mild mannered Janitor on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:06 pm
Mild mannered Janitor User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 115th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 292

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:48 pm
Posts: 7735
Location: Here there and everywhere
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Well I’ve been admonished by a couple of respected posters on the club offering a statement on Jake, It won’t happen apparently, time will tell.


But can you not see the time wasting futility of the club having to respond to every rumour?
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm
Posted by spegs on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm
spegs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 267th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 1479
Jake the Peg wrote:
connor to leeds on a 3 year deal all over twitter

“Bus on Moon” and “World hide and seek champion found dead in cupboard” have also found their way onto media platforms in recent years...
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:59 pm
Posted by bonaire on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:59 pm
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 495
Rep Position: 37th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3297
Dave K. wrote:
Massive mistake if true, would have to replace him with an British player and I just don't see one available to improve us.


An offer for Evalds at salford or McIntosh at Huddersfield would improve us at full back
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 pm
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 pm
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 641
Rep Position: 18th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
But can you not see the time wasting futility of the club having to respond to every rumour?





Firstly our CE didn’t think it at all time wasting, or futile, as within an hour he kindly responded.

Secondly, responding to every rumour, really, you must have imagined me saying this.




I am aware of the rumour on a Facebook forum, but that is the only place it is and it is very much a rumour.

Whilst we don’t normally react, I think Adam has in fact in the past made a brief comment to the trade press about this already putting it to bed earlier in the year.

The fact remains that Jake was happy to sign a new contract extension with the club recently and that position hasn’t changed.

He is a key part of our squad for this season and as we prepare for what we hope can be a big season in 2020.

Hopefully that puts your mind at rest!

Best Wishes,

James


James Clark
Chief Executive
Hull FC

Tel: 01482 337555
Mob: 07749676803
Email: james.clark@hullfc.com

Address: Hull FC, KCOM Stadium, West Park, Hull, HU3 6HU
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:44 pm
Posted by oud3pstander on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:44 pm
oud3pstander Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 285th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 443
bonaire wrote:
An offer for Evalds at salford or McIntosh at Huddersfield would improve us at full back


Get your check book out then lets have them.
Players don't always want to move and we have a salary cap, so have to move others out to bring people in.
Sorry to tell you AP is not a Billionaire mutch as you think he is.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:45 pm
Posted by Mild mannered Janitor on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:45 pm
Mild mannered Janitor User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 115th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 292

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:48 pm
Posts: 7735
Location: Here there and everywhere
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Firstly our CE didn’t think it at all time wasting, or futile, as within an hour he kindly responded.

Secondly, responding to every rumour, really, you must have imagined me saying this.





I am aware of the rumour on a Facebook forum, but that is the only place it is and it is very much a rumour.

Whilst we don’t normally react, I think Adam has in fact in the past made a brief comment to the trade press about this already putting it to bed earlier in the year.

The fact remains that Jake was happy to sign a new contract extension with the club recently and that position hasn’t changed.

He is a key part of our squad for this season and as we prepare for what we hope can be a big season in 2020.

Hopefully that puts your mind at rest!

Best Wishes,

James


James Clark
Chief Executive
Hull FC

Tel: 01482 337555
Mob: 07749676803
Email: james.clark@hullfc.com

Address: Hull FC, KCOM Stadium, West Park, Hull, HU3 6HU



There you go on the defensive...

By addressing one rumour it creates an expectation that they will respond to all rumours. Futile.

I am assuming, by the nature of the response from JC, thats an email response? If so, what a colossal waist of his time having to respond to it.

But as Clark has now stated its a none story, you can stop flapping about it.
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 641
Rep Position: 18th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
There you go on the defensive...

By addressing one rumour it creates an expectation that they will respond to all rumours. Futile.

I am assuming, by the nature of the response from JC, thats an email response? If so, what a colossal waist of his time having to respond to it.

But as Clark has now stated its a none story, you can stop flapping about it.


Not email, we did lunch, we discussed the termination of the free play rule, as I sucked on my baguette trying not to laugh.
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:25 pm
Posted by bonaire on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:25 pm
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 495
Rep Position: 37th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3297
oud3pstander wrote:
Get your check book out then lets have them.
Players don't always want to move and we have a salary cap, so have to move others out to bring people in.
Sorry to tell you AP is not a Billionaire mutch as you think he is.


You missed the point of the conversation
It was on the basis/rumour that Connor might move to Leeds for a hefty fee and Dave commented who would we replace him with as quality UK players are scarce, meaning we would use part of the money from the fee received to bid for the other players.
If Huddersfield go down then there would be a race for McIntosh
Re: Recruitment 2020
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:51 pm
Posted by Irregular Hoops on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:51 pm
Irregular Hoops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 174
Rep Position: 141st / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:30 pm
Posts: 2966
Location: Kingston upon Hull F.C.
Not like an unsubstantiated RL internet rumour to be proved untrue.

Everyone’s a bit spikey today. Shows how bad last Saturdays game was.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ComeOnYouUll, DABHAND, hs98, K-Diddy, Large Paws, Mild Rover, Punos, spegs, Tarquin Fuego, tezmil1 and 136 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,967,2142,07377,8414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





34