Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm
Posted by the artist on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 124
Rep Position: 123rd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 84

News from Aus that shane flanagan has resigned his post from the sharks over what appears to be a complicated situation that he had contact with his club whilst suspended several years ago, with the NRL issuing a breach notice on him. This means he will not be able to coach in the NRL. However nothing is stopping him taking a superleague job. Thus the pressure will be on several coaches if their clubs do not start well knowing a coach of his calibre will be waiting in the wings to possibly take over.

just saying
The referee's indecision is final
Re: Shane Flanagan
Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm
Posted by robinrovers10 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm
robinrovers10 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 199th / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Stick with Radford, he won you 2 challenge cups FFS. You cannot polish the turds that you have in your squad. Most sucsessful coach you've had in years.

The grass isnt always greener on the other side.

Being Australian doesnt automatically make you the right coach for you.
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!
Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 pm
Posted by the artist on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

not saying that, just stating the obvious that if we or any other club have a poor start there will be a clamour from fans knowing that there is a potential world class coach waiting in the wings.

anyway cup wins or not, they do not guarantee you a long term job in sport nowadays. look at leicester city for example, or john kear for us, or mc dermott at leeds
Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 291
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 416

My view is that radford is a good head coach with vision and desire to implement change but he isn't a good technical coach. Both our attack and defence are way below what you would expect with the money available to build a squad. With good defense and attack coaches working below him we'd be OK but our coaching staff aren't at the right standard and all (except ellis) have been working together for years so you'll get the same with all of them. I bet training hasn't moved on since peter sharp came over.

We really need some fresh ideas
Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:24 pm
Posted by Tarquin Fuego on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:24 pm
Tarquin Fuego User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 130
Rep Position: 118th / 77,598

Shane Flanagan could well be FC’s new coach as I am convinced Radford will resign/sacked first in SL
However Flanagan commands a big salary and I’m now not sure AP has the cash
There’s no cash for a Marquee signing so why a top class coach ?
I have lost interest
Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am
Posted by TheBridge on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am
TheBridge Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 238th / 77,598

Radford is out of contract. Do you sack Hull's most successful coach of 30 years? Decisions, decisions..
Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Posted by Primary_james on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Primary_james Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 235th / 77,598

Jake the Peg wrote:
My view is that radford is a good head coach with vision and desire to implement change but he isn't a good technical coach. Both our attack and defence are way below what you would expect with the money available to build a squad. With good defense and attack coaches working below him we'd be OK but our coaching staff aren't at the right standard and all (except ellis) have been working together for years so you'll get the same with all of them. I bet training hasn't moved on since peter sharp came over.

We really need some fresh ideas

I feel you’re basing this opinion on a season of injuries and inconsistency. I believe with the right players on the pitch our squad can match absolutely any one. Obviously, that also requires those players to be in some sort of form which last year didn’t really allow.

We had two years of success with pretty much the same squad as we have now- baring Fonua and Watts (whom possessed undoubted quality) but you can’t say losing two players makes us a poor team? It’s often said that one player doesn’t make a team so how can losing two suddenly make us a poor one. Radford is meticulous and has enough about him to realise whether or not he needs an attacking or defensive coach to help him. I think saying he doesn’t have the ability to coach attackingly and deffensively does him disservice- especially considering the relative success he has brought the club.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Posted by Marcus's Bicycle on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Marcus's Bicycle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 78
Rep Position: 165th / 77,598

Primary_james wrote:
I feel you’re basing this opinion on a season of injuries and inconsistency. I believe with the right players on the pitch our squad can match absolutely any one. Obviously, that also requires those players to be in some sort of form which last year didn’t really allow.

We had two years of success with pretty much the same squad as we have now- baring Fonua and Watts (whom possessed undoubted quality) but you can’t say losing two players makes us a poor team? It’s often said that one player doesn’t make a team so how can losing two suddenly make us a poor one. Radford is meticulous and has enough about him to realise whether or not he needs an attacking or defensive coach to help him. I think saying he doesn’t have the ability to coach attackingly and deffensively does him disservice- especially considering the relative success he has brought the club.

Don't forget Ellis.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 pm
Posted by the artist on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

especially Ellis
Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 291
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 416

Primary_james wrote:

Each to their own. Offensively we're poor IMO, lack basic skills with the ball and have little structure. If it's not a kick or a piece of individual brilliance chances are we don;t score. We don't create space or move the ball with any real purprose like other teams.

Defensively players switch off in the middle regularly and our edge defence is poor.

Just my opinion of course
Next