WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - In's and out's
Re: In's and out's
Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 pm
Posted by robinrovers10 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 pm
robinrovers10 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 46
Rep Position: 253rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 289
Location: East Hull
Jake the Peg wrote:
Our pack is too small and we'll address it for next season according to pearson on sky. Also said we'd signed players early in the season due to interest from elsewhere so maybe some of these are the ones he's looking to move on?

Who has extended this season?

talanoa - I'd be happy to see him replaced by someone with pace
manu - poor season - we could do better IMO
mini - probably the pick of our back row so let him see out his last year
bowden - extended when he was injured wasn't he so can;t see him being one
griffin - awful last week but doesn't look fit - possibly one we would move on and play connor in the centre?
kelly - I've never seen any lack of effort but you have to question whether he will ever be 100% again
connor - no way is it him
taylor - ditto
matongo - I'd be surprised if he were one

Any other renewals?


If i were Pearson, I would tie Downs and Fash down to 5 year deals, they really are the most promising prop forwards to come out of Hull for a long, long time. Along with Litten who is one of the best young dummy halves in Super League. I heard Wigan, Saints and Cas are sniffing round Fash. No surprise really as every time I have seen him, he has been a total warrior.
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:21 am
Posted by Karen on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:21 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 236
Rep Position: 103rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10981
Location: The right side of the river, by 49 miles!!
Jake the Peg wrote:
Our pack is too small and we'll address it for next season according to pearson on sky. Also said we'd signed players early in the season due to interest from elsewhere so maybe some of these are the ones he's looking to move on?

Who has extended this season?

talanoa - I'd be happy to see him replaced by someone with pace
manu - poor season - we could do better IMO
mini - probably the pick of our back row so let him see out his last year
bowden - extended when he was injured wasn't he so can;t see him being one
griffin - awful last week but doesn't look fit - possibly one we would move on and play connor in the centre?
kelly - I've never seen any lack of effort but you have to question whether he will ever be 100% again
connor - no way is it him
taylor - ditto
matongo - I'd be surprised if he were one

Any other renewals?

Washy but I can't see it being him either as that would signal the end of his testimonial
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 599
Rep Position: 20th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
Anyone know what's happening with the next crop of youngsters in the academy? Presumably those there now are not ring fenced so the new system for signing them is in place?
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:55 pm
Posted by R.B.A on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:55 pm
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 249th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:02 pm
Posts: 3924
Jake the Peg wrote:
Anyone know what's happening with the next crop of youngsters in the academy? Presumably those there now are not ring fenced so the new system for signing them is in place?



What's the new system Jake?
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:59 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:59 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 337
Rep Position: 68th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 11172
Location: Leicestershire.
R.B.A wrote:
What's the new system Jake?


How much of a system does there need to be?
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 pm
Posted by R.B.A on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 pm
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 249th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:02 pm
Posts: 3924
Mild Rover wrote:
How much of a system does there need to be?


I've no idea. I didn't realise that there was a new system. Just wondered what it was.
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 599
Rep Position: 20th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
R.B.A wrote:
What's the new system Jake?


It was supposed to be a draft system when it was set up wasn't it?
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:07 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:07 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 337
Rep Position: 68th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 11172
Location: Leicestershire.
R.B.A wrote:
I've no idea. I didn't realise that there was a new system. Just wondered what it was.


Yeah, I'm guessing there isn't - there's no need imo.

Jake the Peg wrote:
It was supposed to be a draft system when it was set up wasn't it?


I think it might have been floated as a possibility, but what's the point? I can imagine it falling foul of employment law. Let the lads accept whatever offer they prefer, if they've got a choice.

Clubs and their fans tend to have an overdeveloped sense of ownership of their academy products imo. Yes, clubs invest in development, but the players invest significant time and effort too. Neither are being selfless, of course. A draft just feels like an effort to guarantee each clubs' 'share' rather than them having to work to be the most attractive option.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: In's and out's
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:30 pm
Posted by A unknown superstar on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:30 pm
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 78
Rep Position: 221st / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Posts: 9333
Location: King George Dock
Jake the Peg wrote:
Our pack is too small and we'll address it for next season according to pearson on sky. Also said we'd signed players early in the season due to interest from elsewhere so maybe some of these are the ones he's looking to move on?

Who has extended this season?

talanoa - I'd be happy to see him replaced by someone with pace
manu - poor season - we could do better IMO
mini - probably the pick of our back row so let him see out his last year
bowden - extended when he was injured wasn't he so can;t see him being one
griffin - awful last week but doesn't look fit - possibly one we would move on and play connor in the centre?
kelly - I've never seen any lack of effort but you have to question whether he will ever be 100% again
connor - no way is it him
taylor - ditto
matongo - I'd be surprised if he were one

Any other renewals?

I’d just be happy with a winger who doesn’t rush in off his wing and constantly get beat because he’s out of position. Really frigging irritates me!
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".
Re: In's and out's
Post Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 am
Posted by Keiththered on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 am
Keiththered Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 150
Rep Position: 157th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 1053
robinrovers10 wrote:
If i were Pearson, I would tie Downs and Fash down to 5 year deals, they really are the most promising prop forwards to come out of Hull for a long, long time. Along with Litten who is one of the best young dummy halves in Super League. I heard Wigan, Saints and Cas are sniffing round Fash. No surprise really as every time I have seen him, he has been a total warrior.


If so it does not say much for the others. I have only seen Fash on the tv but he does not impress and seems too small to be effective. His press ratings are not to hot. For example Paul Clark that well known FC sycophant only gave him a five last night saying "defensive work was there but in attack was not effective". Cannot imagine Wigan, Saints and Cas being interested and even if they had been Cas' interest, having witnessed him first hand, has probably now evaporated.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave K. and 55 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,978,3191,29177,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 23rd Feb 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Thu 12th Mar 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 19th Mar 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
Fri 10th Apr 12:30
SL
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Sat 18th Apr 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
HULL FC
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Thu 14th May 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sat 23rd May 19:30
SL
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 30th May 15:00
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





34