Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:19 am
Posted by Chris71 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:19 am
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 177
Rep Position: 136th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 304

Its interesting to read AP's thoughts on this season and next.

I agree with much of what he says and its pleasing to hear him say that he shares the disappointment in yet again another tail off and rapid decline in performance at the end of a season and that it isnt good enough.

I also agree it is totally unacceptable to use social media to abuse players or members of the club and anyone who has done should be reported for doing such. Why anyone would give players like Masi, Jordan or Kieran abuse is beyond me.

Its good to hear he understands that the fans are hurting and hopefully he understands why.

I also understand what he says with regards the clubs position in terms never being a top club if we just get 8000 fans etc but that is down to the club to put a product out on the field that excites and delivers. I think the fans have shown tremendous loyalty for years but with other demands on life that loyalty can and will be tested to the limit and can be irretrievably broken.

I do have some reservations on the fact that the review of the coaching structure will also be carried out by LR & AL particularly as LR has stated recently he wont be adding or changing the coaching staff.
I also think the 'Eastern suburbs' comment is a poor one to make with respect as if anything the fact he is a Hull lad has helped the fans to be a little more patient so its a bit of an insult to the fans. Its not the fact that he is from Hull not Australia thats the issue but the fact that we are not improving and brand of rugby is poor and below the level it should be for the money spent and the players available at his disposal.
To best way to describe the coaching staff would be 'Parochial' and we need ideas from outside the area otherwise we will just stay stale.

All in all its a mixed bag but hopefully shows he is still committed to the cause and will make the changes necessary no matter how difficult they maybe for the greater good of the club.

As usual despite my disappointment and frustrations I'll still get my pass but more out of hope that things will change than anything else. In all honesty the excitement of the new signings has been tempered with the disappointment of the same failings again.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Radford out
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 am
Posted by Sebasteeno on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 am
Sebasteeno User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 80
Rep Position: 215th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Hated Judas (The Cooke one) since he left us but id even give him a chance with the attacking side of things
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:51 am
Posted by lingys on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:51 am
lingys Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 291st / 77,819

Chris71 wrote:

I agree with much of what he says and its pleasing to hear him say that he shares the disappointment in yet again another tail off and rapid decline in performance at the end of a season and that it isnt good enough.

I also agree it is totally unacceptable to use social media to abuse players or members of the club and anyone who has done should be reported for doing such. Why anyone would give players like Masi, Jordan or Kieran abuse is beyond me.

Its good to hear he understands that the fans are hurting and hopefully he understands why.

I also understand what he says with regards the clubs position in terms never being a top club if we just get 8000 fans etc but that is down to the club to put a product out on the field that excites and delivers. I think the fans have shown tremendous loyalty for years but with other demands on life that loyalty can and will be tested to the limit and can be irretrievably broken.

I do have some reservations on the fact that the review of the coaching structure will also be carried out by LR & AL particularly as LR has stated recently he wont be adding or changing the coaching staff.
I also think the 'Eastern suburbs' comment is a poor one to make with respect as if anything the fact he is a Hull lad has helped the fans to be a little more patient so its a bit of an insult to the fans. Its not the fact that he is from Hull not Australia thats the issue but the fact that we are not improving and brand of rugby is poor and below the level it should be for the money spent and the players available at his disposal.
To best way to describe the coaching staff would be 'Parochial' and we need ideas from outside the area otherwise we will just stay stale.

All in all its a mixed bag but hopefully shows he is still committed to the cause and will make the changes necessary no matter how difficult they maybe for the greater good of the club.

As usual despite my disappointment and frustrations I'll still get my pass but more out of hope that things will change than anything else. In all honesty the excitement of the new signings has been tempered with the disappointment of the same failings again.

Agree with all of the above, great post
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:23 pm
Posted by bonaire on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:23 pm
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 482
Rep Position: 38th / 77,819

BESTY wrote:
Speaking to AP in person at some length last night he's fully aware of the current situation and the main causes and said he'd be bringing in defence/attack and conditioning staff. He also alluded to 2 players on marquee money which goes against his beleifs but needs must to compete with other clubs. I asked if that's what's upset the harmony of the team but he strongly denied it.
So we'll wait and see if it's just saying what people want to hear or it comes to fruition. One thing that was clear is that he doesn't under estimate the frustrations of the supporters.

What is it that Pearson cant see about the deficiencies in our coaching staff
So we are now going to get an additional defence and attack coach is that correct?
If thats correct then just what will Radford and the rest of the Hull circle of coaches do?
Surely if he is classing lack of coaching in both defence and attack then what is he paying Radford for?
Its certainly not ball handling,speed of pass,player movement on and off the ball or concentracion.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:27 pm
Posted by bonaire on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:27 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

Chris71 wrote:

Just dont understand why any of those lads would receive abuse on social media
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 pm
Posted by bonaire on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

Comment from Adam Pearson who now seems to acknowledge there is a deficiency in the coaching.
Certainly we will be looking at changes to the coaching structure and that review into the structure will be led by myself, Lee Radford and Andy Last.

How can you have a review of the coaching delivered by the coaching staff who are the ones under scrutiny?
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:02 pm
Posted by Sebasteeno on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:02 pm
Sebasteeno User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 80
Rep Position: 215th / 77,819

bonaire wrote:
Just dont understand why any of those lads would receive abuse on social media

Is Pearson putting a bit of fake news out there so we feel sorry for the players i wonder?
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 627
Rep Position: 19th / 77,819

Sebasteeno wrote:
Is Pearson putting a bit of fake news out there so we feel sorry for the players i wonder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz ... ture=share

:D
PreviousNext