RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - OT other issues
OT other issues : Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:38 pm  
Eastern Wildcat wrote:
Nail on the head for me, especially in that last sentence.

Don't gwt me wrong, he did some good in the earlier years, but certainly stayed on too long.

Another observation Ive made recently, when Ellis has encountered a hurdle, such as the floodlights or water supply, he rolled his sleeves up and got on with sorting the issue with minimal fuss or ado. When, previously we've heard the blame card, before solving the problem.

He had no choice but to sort them seeing as they occured in his ownership of the club - what issues of a like nature
Did Carter not act on?
Why do people keep raking crap up when the club is now showing signs of resurgence?
With hindsight MC might well have said P... o..
To trinity and given his critics chance to stick their knives where the sun doesn't shine!
Re: Stadium and other issues : Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:06 pm  
Carter couldn’t say P*** o**
He had sunk around £270k of his dad’s money into the club and to get it back the club had to survive.
Likewise Chris Brereton for around £160k
Nothing wrong with that being their motive whatsoever but too many fans seem to think they did it because they love the club.
Don’t get confused, to get their money back they had to keep the club going
They got what they wanted and the fans saw another few years of SL
Win Win
Re: Stadium and other issues : Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:58 pm  
The Avenger wrote:
Carter couldn’t say P*** o**
He had sunk around £270k of his dad’s money into the club and to get it back the club had to survive.
Likewise Chris Brereton for around £160k
Nothing wrong with that being their motive whatsoever but too many fans seem to think they did it because they love the club.
Don’t get confused, to get their money back they had to keep the club going
They got what they wanted and the fans saw another few years of SL
Win Win

So you are criticising him for putting £270k into the club?

And then, in fact, leaving the loans in the club and not taking them out?
Re: Stadium and other issues : Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:27 am  
1315trinity wrote:
He had no choice but to sort them seeing as they occured in his ownership of the club - what issues of a like nature
Did Carter not act on?
Why do people keep raking crap up when the club is now showing signs of resurgence?
With hindsight MC might well have said P... o..
To trinity and given his critics chance to stick their knives where the sun doesn't shine!

The debts that were paid off were from the previous owner. He was on the board but not the owner. He was part of the decision making that got the club into that situation which he was happy to go along with.

I think that the vast majority of us want to move on, and put the past behind us, I certainly do, its not helped when some people try to compare tje too, and still want to keep praising MC and JM almost 6 months after theyve gone
Re: Stadium and other issues : Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:11 am  
Eastern Wildcat wrote:
The debts that were paid off were from the previous owner. He was on the board but not the owner. He was part of the decision making that got the club into that situation which he was happy to go along with.

I think that the vast majority of us want to move on, and put the past behind us, I certainly do, its not helped when some people try to compare tje too, and still want to keep praising MC and JM almost 6 months after theyve gone

I'm not praising them but I will not stand by when when others slag them off unjustifiably.
If MC hadn't taken the helm there wouldn't be a club - end of.
Now I think its reasonable to be appreciative of that
I'm done others have their view I have mine based on fact
I look forward to a brighter future !
Previous