FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stadium and other issues
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:19 am  
PopTart wrote:
I took it as being a finishing of the concrete at the back and profiling the front, which will require the roof to be lifted higher.
So improved but not completely new.


Pretty much my thoughts. If you can go back further. Move the roof back (or put a new larger one on) and then sort the front it would transform it. Some cladding on the rear and possibly sides or underside (to hide the vacant space.

Suppose you would get plans and costings for a new stand and an improvement on the current layout and weigh up your options etc. I’m sure Ellis will pick the right ones to future proof his investment.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:38 am  
If you look at the artist’s impressions it’s most definitely a new roof. It’s harder to tell with the terracing.

However with the front terracing fully reprofiled and the rear fully extended the North stand could hold nearly 5k. That’s about half the minimum capacity we need in one stand.

I imagine a new post free roof and the concrete work will come in much cheaper than a new stand. Whilst also maintaining the feel of the ground by improving the popular end.

I’d guess a cost of 2.5 million. Capacity up to about 9000.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:56 am  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Image

Image
Seen these on twitter, presumably they are photos of what's in the East Stand.

Looks like the same configuration but an extended upper and re profiled lower. Also some tidying up of the sides.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:47 am  
Actually looking at it, there’s only 3 x barriers deep so it looks as though that isn’t extended beyond what’s currently in place.

Just appears to have terrace sorted, bricked up sides (to hide vacant space) and roof looks new. Not sure if you could do something to utilise the underside space.

If you were having to do big improvements on the north though it would absolutely make sense to utilise the space and push out as much capacity as possible from it. That would also allow the west stand to be worked on anytime throughout the year should future improvements be looked at there.

Can’t remember if the west has ever hit capacity in recent times. But there’s demand in the north.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:01 am  
Remember it's only an artists impression. Counting steps etc is probably getting into too much detail compared to what a design would be in reality.

Also, not everyone agrees with me of course but if the West was bigger/better I'm certain home fans would migrate there.
It would be the better view than North.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 am  
The image I saw looked like the new terracing also went wider than the existing one, almost beyond the big screen
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:52 am  
The Avenger wrote:
The image I saw looked like the new terracing also went wider than the existing one, almost beyond the big screen


It would make sense! use the whole of the north and into the corner with the big screen, just wouldn't be sure where the screen would go then!
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:52 am  
The Avenger wrote:
The image I saw looked like the new terracing also went wider than the existing one, almost beyond the big screen

Are these images in the new stand?
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:25 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Looks like the same configuration but an extended upper and re profiled lower. Also some tidying up of the sides.


Yes, it's a similar configuration, but what's shown is not achievable by up-doing the existing structure - that's a new build.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:45 pm  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Actually looking at it, there’s only 3 x barriers deep so it looks as though that isn’t extended beyond what’s currently in place.

Just appears to have terrace sorted, bricked up sides (to hide vacant space) and roof looks new. Not sure if you could do something to utilise the underside space.

If you were having to do big improvements on the north though it would absolutely make sense to utilise the space and push out as much capacity as possible from it. That would also allow the west stand to be worked on anytime throughout the year should future improvements be looked at there.

Can’t remember if the west has ever hit capacity in recent times. But there’s demand in the north.


Look again, it's definitely got more terracing on the upper level that there is now. I'd say its approx. 6 more steps. Also it looks like they are going to level the lower north/west corner to match the rest, which makes sense.

That image is clearer than I remember, must have been the beer.
PreviousNext

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity