RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brad on the move
Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am  
Keighley apparently.
Not often I make a comment on player departures, but I think that's a mistake by the club.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:42 am  
He's a useful guy to have in our team but we really aren't playing him as a ball playing loose forward.
These days 13 is a much bigger 'middle' player like Westerman, Smithies or Knowles is Super League.
He'll have a lot more freedom to play his game in championship.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:42 am  
lampyboy wrote:
Keighley apparently.
Not often I make a comment on player departures, but I think that's a mistake by the club.

Me too but I don't think he has been selected enough. Will allow an Academy player step up. Depending on who is coming in we may not need cover like he has provided. He will definitely star in the Championship. Think he's from Cumbria so Keighley will suit him travelling too.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:46 am  
Shame would have liked him to stay he's a talented player and he offers excellent versatilty too. He'll kill it in the championship.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:48 am  
Will have a year or two at Keighley, then get picked up by a 'big' club who will use him correctly and he'll be a star.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:49 am  
Perhaps the club didn't have any choice, in that he wanted regular game time and we can't guarantee him that. I mentioned his lack of game time (first team and reserves) on another thread, although he keeps getting into the 21.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 am  
FickleFingerOfFate wrote:
Will have a year or two at Keighley, then get picked up by a 'big' club who will use him correctly and he'll be a star.

Why would a big club realise his talent after seeing him at Keighley but not while seeing him at Wakefield?
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 am  
PopTart wrote:
Why would a big club realise his talent after seeing him at Keighley but not while seeing him at Wakefield?

Because Wakefield hardly play him!
Seems it might be motivated by the player due to the fact he hasn't held down a first team spot - perhaps he wants part time rugby?
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 pm  
I think it’s a big loss for us but the right move for him. We’ve messed him about enough and never gave him a run at 13. Understand Keighley are paying some good money next year too.
Re: Brad on the move : Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:52 pm  
He's done okay when called upon, but I do sometimes think his ability is overplayed by some fans. He's well behind Miller, Lino and Gaskell in the halves, and the same with Batch, Crowther, Kelepi, Pitts and Ashurst in the back row. His best chance was at hooker but even then he doesn't have the mobility. Very good handling skills but not quick enough for a 6 and you need more than that to be a modern day 13. I think he'll be a very good player in the Championship though.
Next