RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - WIGAN
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:26 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
We cannot write it off because currently points difference is worth one point and we may need that.

Exactly right, we got the points diff close only to probably blow it again sunday.The problem is the inconsistancy how many times have we put herculean efforts in against top 4 teams,just to fall short drain personel/injuries etc.Then blow a golden opportunity as last week against a weakened squad.should have been another 2 points to put the pressure on toulouse :CRAZY:
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:20 am  
We are capable of keeping this close, but after getting beaten last week by a team having around 8-10 first team players out I am worried. But this is Wakefield, we’ll probably win. Who knows
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:23 am  
vastman wrote:
Think we might win this, based purely on the fact that nobody thinks we will.

Back in the day, Trinity always performed better with zero expectation.
It's the hope that kills you and there aren't too many people giving us even the faintest of chances tomorrow.
Encouragingly, the bookies only give us 14 points start, it's as good as a win :wink:
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:32 am  
Pat Bateman wrote:
We are capable of keeping this close, but after getting beaten last week by a team having around 8-10 first team players out I am worried. But this is Wakefield, we’ll probably win. Who knows

Understand your point but it's not as if we're at full strength.

Wigan will win this at a canter, we need to work hard to close the space down. Our defence was so slow off the mark in the first 20 mins last week, but accept we then got canned by Grant when we pushed harder.
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:39 am  
Khlav Kalash wrote:

Wigan will win this at a canter, we need to work hard to close the space down. Our defence was so slow off the mark in the first 20 mins last week, but accept we then got canned by Grant when we pushed harder.

If Kershaw give the same amount of space as he did with Yaha, French or Marshall will have a field day and they both know the way to the line without any encouragement.
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:26 am  
Khlav Kalash wrote:

No we aren’t, but the majority of our forwards are in, our spine is intact etc. Cas beat Catalan last night, but we hammered cas. I feel this year I’d have more luck guessing the lottery than guessing what performance we will put in. The players and coaches know what they have to do week in week out, it’s just our inability to apply it into games for numerous reasons.
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:18 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
If Kershaw give the same amount of space as he did with Yaha, French or Marshall will have a field day and they both know the way to the line without any encouragement.

Not just Kershaw, it's that whole right edge.
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:26 am  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Not just Kershaw, it's that whole right edge.

And for me theres an easy way to make the edge so much stronger,play batch in sr or centre
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:36 am  
Luppylad wrote:
And for me theres an easy way to make the edge so much stronger,play batch in sr or centre

Would certainley help, but it needs the entire team to work as hard as Batch does. It's going to be hot tomorrow so that makes defending even more draining. Hopefully our fitness holds out.
Re: WIGAN : Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:04 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Would certainley help, but it needs the entire team to work as hard as Batch does. It's going to be hot tomorrow so that makes defending even more draining. Hopefully our fitness holds out.

Batch definitely has to go back to right SR and keep tanginoa on the bench ready for the last 30 minutes for some impact and give batch a rest.
PreviousNext