RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - v HKR 25th August
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I wonder if the club will allow the supporters to thank those players leaving or retiring at our final home game or will they remain in denial.

It's not necessarily up to the club, perhaps the player doesn't want it known or their new club may not want it known.
It's called confidentiality.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:38 pm  
I wonder if the club will allow the supporters to thank those players leaving or retiring at our final home game or will they remain in denial.

I think there are plans to write you a formal letter telling you what's going on, including details of contract and what we are planning on recruitment.
I saw Carter and Minnards working on it at the weekend.

Knowing how keen you are to praise the players they said it was their top priority.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:55 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I think there are plans to write you a formal letter telling you what's going on, including details of contract and what we are planning on recruitment.
I saw Carter and Minnards working on it at the weekend.

Knowing how keen you are to praise the players they said it was their top priority.

I admire that you believe they know what’s going on and that they have a recruitment plan. I am not alone in questioning what if anything would shake you blind loyalty. I suppose every club owner needs supporters like you and phe 13.
With regards the post from PPE 13 why would any player not want to thank and be thanked by the supporters and what harm would it do to their new clubs (confidentiality why).
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:06 pm  
I admire that you believe they know what’s going on and that they have a recruitment plan. I am not alone in questioning what if anything would shake you blind loyalty. I suppose every club owner needs supporters like you and phe 13.
With regards the post from PPE 13 why would any player not want to thank and be thanked by the supporters and what harm would it do to their new clubs (confidentiality why).

Its up to the new club to announce signings, when they are ready.
The 'fans' might not thank the player, I can recall one of our current players getting helluva load of stick at a game, when rumours about his departure first surfaced.
Remember not all fans are as positive about the club and its players as you :roll:
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:11 pm  

I think I've proved many times I zm not blind to the failings at the club. I just don't glory in them like you.

Its only you saying players won't get chance to say goodbye.
For as long as I've been watching, players are around for the last home game, whether playing or not.
I don't really see why you want to make an issue about it.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:13 pm  

It's not blind loyalty. It's simply not filling in the gaps in your knowledge with made up poop.

Also it's confidential for many reasons, for example, if Batch has indeed signed for HKR, it will be HKR who decide when it's announced.

One of their current back-rowers might not yet know he's on his way out.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:20 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I think I've proved many times I zm not blind to the failings at the club. I just don't glory in them like you.

Its only you saying players won't get chance to say goodbye.
For as long as I've been watching, players are around for the last home game, whether playing or not.
I don't really see why you want to make an issue about it.

I guess it boils down to my view of the board and yours on many things particularly on how they appear to handle the players at the end of their contracts. I suppose if we are unlucky and Batchelor is out for the last four games which would be a disaster his departure will be announced just like they did with TJ.
Previous